Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Yes it was only the upheaval and bad feeling that affected results imo. Wilkins is good and i would like him here too but its not like he did all of Carlos' work. As soon as he dropped Torres, which should have been done way before but wasn't allowed due to RA picking the team, there results got going again.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Ancelotti would be a really strong appointment. Would he be anywhere near as good without Ray Wilkins though???

Well he never worked with Ray Wilkins anywhere else apart from at Chelsea.

But he's never worked anywhere else in this country. I just wonder whether he can empathise with Brits? Also, the coach is very important in any management team - look at the difference in Man U when Fergie has a good and settled no. 2 and when he doesn't.

Randy get Hughes in!

He's a free agent so we wouldn't be "poaching" anyone's manager...

Well we'd have to wait until next month to appoint him as manager and whereas no-one but the parties involved know the specifics, it would look a little suspect if Houllier left, then the next day Mark Hughes resigns and then he ends up as our manager, so there would no doubt be accusations of poaching.

I'm not saying that's a good enough reason to not appoint him manager of course, and if he did get appointed, we could have done a lot worse but I still have other candidates I would prefer, chiefly Ancelotti, Moyes and to an extent Jol.

Hughes's agent -

"Villa have their own direction, they have to go in their own route, they have to take who they believe is the correct manager for them.

"Mark's motivation was - and I hope that today it is clearer with the public - that this was not motivated by any particular job or job that was coming up."

Dont know why bookmakers and fans insist on throwing david moyes name about- he's already stated on numerous occassions hes not interested.

Ancelotti I think would signal exciting times for us

No he hasn't. He said he was not interested in taking Houllier's job. It's no longer Houllier's job.

Don't believe tabloid headlines, they are full of bullshit.

Personally not keen on Jol .

If it was Jol does that mean we would need a director of football as well?

Playing devils advocate here but ...Houllier as DOF?

Martinez is far too much of a risk.

Just because he has managed to keep Wigan in the league, does not mean he can make the step up to a much,much higher profile club

He would have to deal prima donna players, a more demanding board and far more demanding fans.

On top of all this, he would be expected to move the club onto the next level.

A club who has flirted with CL qualification 3 years out of the last 4.

I would rather set my sights on a manager who is proven at operating at a higher level, than take a risk on someone who may have potential but has not proved themselves.

I do wonder of all the candidates who would be the most likely to recieve the welcome MON got ?

Of the main contenders only Ancelotti would.

Moyes would raise eyebrows but wouldnt raise as much expectation!

Although last season was a bit of a disaster we have significantly reduced the wage bill (more work needed) and the significant injuries we suffered have been sorted. Alongside that a number of the fringe players got good loan experiences. The defence including the keeper clearly needs sorting out, but I think we are in a far better position for a new manager to walk into than we were this time last season. Randy has shown he is willing to continue to fund the club at a significant level. The manager issue and the way it is being handled by the Villa end continues to show maturity and that was confirmed in Houliers statement. In Randy (and Bent) we trust, I still think it will be Hughes.