Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

To suggest that Ancelotti wouldn't know what to do, is madness.

As he's managed better than us, he has higher standards and will demand more from and push his players harder.

He's managed a team below us (Reggina) and got them promoted, then took over a similarly placed team.

He'd be worth 5mil a year at least.

Basically this.

Eleven players have left so far with the distinct possibility of more, so we will need someone who is capable of re-building a club from the inside. Someone who can build a new dynasty and at the same time hold the respect of players who are going to stay.

I really can't see someone like Hughes doing that. Hughes is a glory hunter and will look to move a step upwards from ourselves whenever that vacancy arrives.

Ancelotti however is at the right time in his career to take a club like ourselves and build towards success before he retires.

Wilkins has already proven at Chelsea that he is a great number two and he would make a great statesman for our club.

Randy simply has to get it right this time. Appoint someone who is going to stay with us until the job is done, making us, once again, a force in the Premiership and Europe.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Terry was just answering a question. "John, do you think Mark Hughes would be a good man for Chelsea". I doubt very much whether he'd say "No mate, he'd be **** shit. Totally useless and we are billy big bollocks players who just wouldn't respect him". Would he?

Mark Hughes will end up at Villa I reckon. Smoke and mirrors. Why wouldn't Villa be interested now, when 12 months ago, prior to him doing a good job for Fulham, we were said to be interested?

I don't think it will be Ancelotti to be honest, even the Sky Italia report said he refused the job (I had it translated by 2 seperate fluent Italian speakers just to clarify, it's not a mis-translation, it says he refused the job...), I think it will be one of Jol or McClaren (not a fan!).

Nope, I had it translated by one of my best friends who is fluent in Italian and was born Italy, he said 'Sky Italia also are refusing to rule out Carlo Ancelotti' - Carlo has gone on record saying he wants to stay in the Premier League, said he'd even manage West Ham for crying out loud.

Arrrrgggh, so which is it?

"ASTON VILLA, CONTACTS WITH HUGHES DENIED.CARLO ANCELLOTTI HAS REFUSED THE ASSIGNMENT (JOB)" - Translated by an Italian....

and

"Awww! Helloo! Ermmm not sure how right I am...but think its something about Hughes denied contact with Aston Villa and Ancelotti, he refused the offer??? Or something along those lines!! If that makes no sense sorry! I'm useless! " - Translated by someone who used to be an English teacher in Italy, many years ago....

I'm tempted not to renew my season ticket next year due to financial reasons, but if we get Ancelotti I will sacrifice something else instead.

Would love it to happen but it will just be Shcteve Mclaren

I'll sacrifice a goat on the steps of the Holte End if it'll make Ancelotti come to us.

I don't think it will be Ancelotti to be honest, even the Sky Italia report said he refused the job (I had it translated by 2 seperate fluent Italian speakers just to clarify, it's not a mis-translation, it says he refused the job...), I think it will be one of Jol or McClaren (not a fan!).

Nope, I had it translated by one of my best friends who is fluent in Italian and was born Italy, he said 'Sky Italia also are refusing to rule out Carlo Ancelotti' - Carlo has gone on record saying he wants to stay in the Premier League, said he'd even manage West Ham for crying out loud.

Arrrrgggh, so which is it?

"ASTON VILLA, CONTACTS WITH HUGHES DENIED.CARLO ANCELLOTTI HAS REFUSED THE ASSIGNMENT (JOB)" - Translated by an Italian....

and

"Awww! Helloo! Ermmm not sure how right I am...but think its something about Hughes denied contact with Aston Villa and Ancelotti, he refused the offer??? Or something along those lines!! If that makes no sense sorry! I'm useless! " - Translated by someone who used to be an English teacher in Italy, many years ago....

It's Sky Italia, they are the same as Sky in this country, make a guess and run with it.

You don't think if he'd really have refused it then the story would be running on more than just Sky Italia?

I know its just a report, and I'm a "Believe it when I see it" kind of person, I take most of these reports with a pinch of salt, but when that story was being misinterpeted and everything else last night I thought I'd ask 2 people to translate it who I knew could! That is all!

I'd love Ancelotti, but it would just be too good to be true. What I'd really love is for Lerner to pluck someone we haven't even thought of yet, someone who will make us all sit up and say "Bugger me, I didn't see that coming! What a coup!"

We are one of the top teams in this league so it would hardly be something new to him. He's shown he can buy in players and rebuild a squad quite well. He has also shown he has a good eye for talent after what he did at Parma. They spent a fair bit yes, but we can spend a fair bit too.. Ancelotti coming here would be a pretty easy job for him. At best he only needs to buy a new goalkeeper and some defenders, at worst some midfielders too.. The rest will be down to his tactics and work ethic.

1. We are not one of the top teams in this league. We are a long way off fourth. and now that liverplop are back on form, 6th is probably the best we hope for.

2. So it would be easy except for the fact that we need to sign a goalkeeper, a few defenders and a few midfielders? Half a team then?!

Liverpool back on form? We finished the season higher up the form table than them. You'd do well not to listen to the nonsense and spin of the media. They don't big up Villa, they don't big up the City of Birmingham and they don't big up the Midlands.

We spent the first century of our existence with more trophies than any other club in England. Tradition and history dictates we are one of THE great clubs. (I'd argue we are THE original giants and greatest club of the game.) Do yourself a favour and don't allow pundits in the media deflate your expectations and hopes for AVFC. Just because an ex-Liverpool player or know-nothing Cockney pundit says 'Pool are back does not make it so. They are rubbish and will crash and burn under the weight of nonsensical hype next season. It's interesting: when Liverpool finish sixth, they are on the way back, yet when Villa finish sixth we are also-rans...it's all about the spin of Scouse supporting pundits and journalists.

Aston Villa, with all cyliders firing, is capable of destroying anything Merseyside can throw at them . The sooner some of our supporters actually show some belief in our club the better for all.

We are one of the top teams in this league so it would hardly be something new to him. He's shown he can buy in players and rebuild a squad quite well. He has also shown he has a good eye for talent after what he did at Parma. They spent a fair bit yes, but we can spend a fair bit too.. Ancelotti coming here would be a pretty easy job for him. At best he only needs to buy a new goalkeeper and some defenders, at worst some midfielders too.. The rest will be down to his tactics and work ethic.

1. We are not one of the top teams in this league. We are a long way off fourth. and now that liverplop are back on form, 6th is probably the best we hope for.

2. So it would be easy except for the fact that we need to sign a goalkeeper, a few defenders and a few midfielders? Half a team then?!

We need one or two strikers.

We need to score 2 goals in average. We just scored 48 last season or 1,26 goals. We need 70pts to be in fourth place. If we don't score, we cannot win the game. If we cannot win, we will never get 70pts.

We make it too easy for the other team, if we cannot attack and score.

Liverpool back on form? We finished the season higher up the form table than them. You'd do well not to listen to the nonsense and spin of the media. They don't big up Villa, they don't big up the City of Birmingham and they don't big up the Midlands.

We spent the first century of our existence with more trophies than any other club in England. Tradition and history dictates we are one of THE great clubs. (I'd argue we are THE original giants and greatest club of the game.) Do yourself a favour and don't allow pundits in the media deflate your expectations and hopes for AVFC. Just because an ex-Liverpool player or know-nothing Cockney pundit says 'Pool are back does not make it so. They are rubbish and will crash and burn under the weight of nonsensical hype next season. It's interesting: when Liverpool finish sixth, they are on the way back, yet when Villa finish sixth we are also-rans...it's all about the spin of Scouse supporting pundits and journalists.

Aston Villa, with all cyliders firing, is capable of destroying anything Merseyside can throw at them . The sooner some of our supporters actually show some belief in our club the better for all.

Couldn't agree more. Liverpools problem is they begun to believe there own propaganda - the boot room, youth not big money. Thats why we should steer clear of Rafa - overhyped like everything ex liverpool.

Sorry but true. Liverpool is back, thanks to Chelsea. (F. Torres).

Sky in this country have said Ancelotti is the favourite (even their own SkyBet is pointing to him or Hughes), so if Ancelotti refused the job, you would of heard it on there by now.

Sky usually have that Gabriel Marcotti to rely on too. Villa have not issued any denials on any Manager. I appreciate they have said that they wouldn't comment again until the new Manager is appointed but they'd come forward to settle the fans down if they needed to. The longer it goes on, the more I think it'll be Hughes. I'd like Ancelotti and Wilkins but I think it'll be Hughes.

Please post on here more often. Cracking post. Of course we can get Ancelotti - we're the fourth most successful Club in English football history, fact.

Please post on here more often. Cracking post. Of course we can get Ancelotti - we're the fourth most successful Club in English football history, fact.

Have heard Radio Journalist say we should not be looking at the past and only focus on last season meaning we are not a top club as we have not won anything for 15 years

Lol, Liverpool are back. Next year is their year right?

In fairness id expect Liverpool to finish 5th-6th next season maybe flirt with top 4 at some point.

So in taht sense from the mess Benitez left yes they are back to an extent . Id imagine Kenny Daglish to do a decent job there.

Also think some forgetting we haven't won anything in 15 years . In the last 10 years alone Liverpool have won the champions league , FA Cup , UEFA cup , league cups etc , been champs league regulars. .

So lets not start comparing you know whats just yet.

Not oputting us down but the idea Liverpool isn't a big club because theyve been bit shit last 2 years is just silly