Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

I've just been told today that whatever names have been thrown into the hat - CA has been to BH in the last few days.

Of course the talks with Ancelotti may have come to nothing and he's said "No thanks", but I don't think things are as negative as people

are making out.

my mate is adamant that carlo is going to be named on friday he knows summat but ent letting on but dunno weather to believe or not

Is he ITK?

If that is true it would be a brilliant end to the week 8)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just been told today that whatever names have been thrown into the hat - CA has been to BH in the last few days.

Of course the talks with Ancelotti may have come to nothing and he's said "No thanks", but I don't think things are as negative as people

are making out.

Then why did CA issue that statement saying he was taking a year off ?

Would seem a bit odd to go to all that trouble for nothing

Exactly! Surely his statement rules him out??

Van Gaal would be great. I would imagine he'd be interested considering he managed AZ before Bayern. Terrific record of promoting youth.

I think that too. He has so much experience at the top level in Europe and has bought through some great young talent over the years.

I would imagine he would be interested at having a crack at the Premier League at some point because he has done nearly everything else in Europe

This has to be the funniest bit of Journo back tracking ive seen :lol:

Matt Kendrick in the Mail:-

"However, despite Ancelotti's claim he personally recieved no contact from any clubs, the Birmingham Mail knows for a fact that Villa did approach the Italians advisors"

Really???

Well lets see the proof :lol:

This isn't the Court.

Kendrick knows more about what is going on down at B6 than anybody else.

Why would you know more than me about a man who managed my club for 6 years?

Because you are not part of Liverpool Football Club's infrastructure, you are a supporter,and as a supporter you are not privy to any additional information to supporters of other clubs.

I don't claim to offer you additional information. The information I'm offering is readily available but you're more interested in easily disproved misinformation.

Like I said, I'm just providing information that you don't have. If you want to make an informed decision about one of your managerial candidates, I can actually be of use.

And this is appreciated, but you can't come round here spouting that 'Rafa iz teh god' when the stats all point in the opposite direction.

That's the whole point. Scrutinise them and the stats don't point in the opposite direction.

are making out.

He didn't "issue a statement" he was interviewed by the press. Bit of a difference there.

Also, if he's taking a year off why go through the trouble of negotiating a 12month restriction on managing another club out of his settlement with Chelsea?

If you look at all the reports in the press they don't add up, some of them have to be wrong.

This has to be the funniest bit of Journo back tracking ive seen :lol:

Matt Kendrick in the Mail:-

"However, despite Ancelotti's claim he personally recieved no contact from any clubs, the Birmingham Mail knows for a fact that Villa did approach the Italians advisors"

Really???

Well lets see the proof :lol:

This isn't the Court.

Kendrick knows more about what is going on down at B6 than anybody else.

Really? :shock:

I reckon hes only given little titbits that suits them :winkold:

They know as much as what we do, about whom will be Villa manager. Now whom do i believe?

Ancelotti or a Journo....?

are making out.

He didn't "issue a statement" he was interviewed by the press. Bit of a difference there.

Also, if he's taking a year off why go through the trouble of negotiating a 12month restriction on managing another club out of his settlement with Chelsea?

If you look at all the reports in the press they don't add up, some of them have to be wrong.

when someone says they're taking a year off and don't need to jump straight into a job ... i tend to believe them.

otherwise he could have said absolutely nothing at all.

I don't claim to offer you additional information. The information I'm offering is readily available

So the reason for your visit on here is what then ?

Explained on the previous page.

I wish the Ancelotti stuff hadn't reared it's head again...that means I'll have to get over the disappointment again now!!
Until the next Villa manager is official unveiled or Ancelotti takes up another job, some of us will never stop hoping. :P

when someone says they're taking a year off and don't need to jump straight into a job ... i tend to believe them.

So why take a reduced settlement to have the "no managing for 12months" clause taken out?

It makes no sense at all.

I don't claim to offer you additional information. The information I'm offering is readily available

So the reason for your visit on here is what then ?

Explained on the previous page.

You have no posts on the previous page .

Soooooo....

Mark Hughes leaves Fulham... and they appoint Martin Jol within a week... yet at Villa Park... NOTHING. Carlos is ruled out, I can't see Moyes leaving even though I would blow my trousers off with joy if he did...

How have Fulham managed to get Jol? Does he want a job with no expectations?!?

Fulham have upgraded, fair play to them - but that statue is still horrid.

I posted a similar question earlier, fulham have got a better manager now, if Hughes does come to Villa then that makes our expectations less than Fulhams

I'm not sure it's the right thread for discussing it, but what makes Jol a better manager than Hughes?

Err... Only he has been far more successful than Hughes

Oh right, I must have missed that period of Jol's career

in managerial terms, what has hughes won?

ever?

what has been hughes top finish in the league?

jol, while no master has won the dutch cup 2 times and finished 5th in the premiership, both things beat anything hughes has done.

i cant understand this love in with hughes, an average manager who has never done anything people like david oleary havent done.

hughes has been a manager for 11 years, yes thats right, 11 years. he is not some new manager learning his trade. ancelotti has only managed 4 years more than him and has won shed loads of trophies for his clubs.

So why take a reduced settlement to have the "no managing for 12months" clause taken out?

It makes no sense at all.

Im not going to get my hopes up but thats a good point.

are making out.

Spot on! This is EXACTLY what I said yesterday.

Also some have suggested that inteview was conducted just after Chelsea had sacked the guy and it's been rehashed. It would also explain the fact that up to that point, Villa hadn't contacted him.