Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Rafa won the cl with houlliers team. As soon as he got his own players in it started to go downhill.

This is getting more surreal by the minute.

It wasn't Houllier's team at all. It was some of his players, sure.

Key players during that campaign:

Luis Garcia. Top-scorer. Not a Houllier player.

Jamie Carragher. Centre-back. Houllier used him as a full-back.

Steven Gerrard. Player of the tournament. Attacking-mid. Houllier played him deeper.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,i'm a long time reader of the site and more recently this thread and i have to say i hate Rafa with so much passion,the man is a joke and i would be embarrassed if my great club employed him.He is on the way down as been proved by his stint in Italy,and also he spent upwards of £200m in 6 years and finished 2nd once and fluked the Champions League in 2005,no way would i be happy or accepting of this utter buffoon and clown of this amazing club.Hughes,Moyes or Coyle for me! VFA UTV VTID!!!

its absolute horseshit to say benitez won european cup with houlliers team. How far did Houllier get in the competition? You are aware Liverpool got to another final under Rafa? Houllier did not buy Carragher and Gerrard, he had the best backbone in english football.

Well being as smicer got the equaliser in the final and dudek played a blinder in the shootout id say houlliers players had a fair bit to do with it. There were others too of course.

Wow 150+ pages in nearly two days good work guys

Hughes is still odds on for me just don't see it going any other way but if he is going to chelski as some seem to think then I think we could be very surprised as I was with. Houllier

I have a hunch that Hughes isn't going far

People may have glossed/skipped over this post but I think Mr h is trying to say something here without saying something.

He's never claimed to be ITK but he does have a very close Chelsea connection, if I recall correctly.

Just sayin'

or does he mean that Hughes has a place not too far from VP?

:!:

Rafa won the cl with houlliers team. As soon as he got his own players in it started to go downhill.

They finished 2nd oin the 08/09 SEASON. He took over in 04. :thumb:

Point being??

What were his other league finishes? Never for one minute did they look like actually winning the league when he was there, even that season they finished second.

Give it a moment's thought and ask yourself - why the hell should Liverpool have won the league under Rafa? He was up against free-spending Chelsea and an established Manc side capable of adorning their already strong squad with expensive additions.

I have a hunch that Hughes isn't going far

People may have glossed/skipped over this post but I think Mr h is trying to say something here without saying something.

He's never claimed to be ITK but he does have a very close Chelsea connection, if I recall correctly.

Just sayin'

or does he mean that Hughes has a place not too far from VP?

:!:

No - I think he meant not going too far from Fulham - ie another London club (ie Chelsea).

ive it a moment's thought and ask yourself - why the hell should Liverpool have won the league under Rafa? He was up against free-spending Chelsea and an established Manc side capable of adorning their already strong squad with expensive additions.

Why do we have to talk/read about the **** bindippers on here???

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I would be excited by Coyle or Martinez personally. Probably the two most inexperienced, certainly at this level, but it doesn't seem to have harmed Guardiola. I think both of them try to play football in the right way and have done good jobs at their respective clubs (given resources etc.). They could both be here long term and build something special (hopefully).

McLaren would be my worst nightmare. Can't see any positives except listening to him speak with a Brummie accent after a few months could be quite funny I suppose.

Hughes. Okay but not inspiring. He has a drab personality and seems a bit petty to me.

Maybe we should try for Giggsy as player manager - part ex with Ash. On second thoughts he would probably get homesick. I have heard that, whilst he is happy in Manchester, he does Miss Wales occasionally! :crylaugh:

Well, if she's a real looker, I can't see an issue with that, I have a thing for those celtic lasses myself... pale skin, red hair...mmm

sorry, I'll get my coat...

Do you know what? I hope you get **** McClaren. You don't deserve Rafa.

Hi,just wondering why Rafa wasn't even considered at Liverpool when Roy was sacked?? There is a reason and i know it but you won't admit it for some unkown reason!

The reason was Kenny Dalglish.

Hi,just wondering why Rafa wasn't even considered at Liverpool when Roy was sacked?? There is a reason and i know it but you won't admit it for some unkown reason!

He's the reason you have probably blown close to £70 million on Carroll, Henderson and that guy from blackburn

Soooooo....

Mark Hughes leaves Fulham... and they appoint Martin Jol within a week... yet at Villa Park... NOTHING. Carlos is ruled out, I can't see Moyes leaving even though I would blow my trousers off with joy if he did...

How have Fulham managed to get Jol? Does he want a job with no expectations?!?

Fulham have upgraded, fair play to them - but that statue is still horrid.

Redman I wouldn't mind Rafa Benitez at all. It's sad to see so many people that still haven't forgot the Rafa-Barry-MON saga. I was also pretty upset and called him prick and so on, but that was just because i tried to buy our player and not paying what he was worth. But then again would love him to the same thing for us.

As you say better have him inside the tent pissing out than outside pissing in.

Kenny Dalglish was out of Management for over ten years at that stage,but the way your talking up Rafa he should have been given the job that he F**ked up so beautifully only 6 months previously! Surely going by your reasoning with a new board Rafa would have flourished?? Rafa is an utter Buffoon and a clown of the highest order and i'm confident that he will not be the manager of my great club!