Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really do not want Warnock to play for us again. He is an A* Dick. I am looking forward to either Hughes or Ancelotti. Hughes would sort our defence out!

It will be an 'acceptable' appointment, if its right.

Not earth-shattering, wow 'we're gonna win the Premier League' sort of appointment. But it won't be the disaster I imagined it could be either. Hughes is a succesful manager in the making, but are we the club for him to do that?

If it works out, I have a feeling a certain Everton manager may well be kicking himself over this.

I'm happy with Hughes. Considering that the other options are Ancelotti (maybe we've approached him but can't afford him), Jol (unsure) and McLaren (bellend).

Would be great if MON went to Fulham, particularly for Sidwell.

If Hughes takes over Warnock, Ireland, Freidel and Dunne will happy (I presume obviously). All main stays in teams Hughes has managed previously. Maybe he'll bring back Aaron Hughes, hahaha!

Er..It was Hughes who sold Dunne.

Good that means he wont have a problem doing it a second time :lol:

I dont think its a bad appointment and he will handle the players welll. Now **** off Tom Ross with your Steve Mclaren bullshit! :twisted:

Oh dear. Well, good luck.

I have a feeling you'll be signing Santa Cruz, Wayne Bridge, and Wright-Phillips. He loves those players for some reason.

Of which non followed him to fulham, hmmm......

I think Hughes would stick around - the bigger jobs Arse/Manu/Pool - don't come around very often and hughes will have to have done very well at villa to be considered (remember MON got overlooked)

Ancellotti has a fantastic track record - but he seems to have worked mostly with richer clubs - where as hughes has done well with limited funds - hopefully with a bit of extra wonga he can push on. I can see fireworks between him and faulkner because I don't see hughes cuddling up to the CEO with chats about coaching techniques, and blueprints for the future. Think he will impose himself pretty quickly on the club (assuming he comes that is)

Awww man.

Just getting excited about the possibility of being managed by 2x Euro Cup winner and Hughes goes and does this.

This 100x

Yeah me too. Not enthuiastic about Hughes in the first place, but after the possibility of Ancellotti rose it's head it's even harder to get exciting over.

Ah well. He doesn't seem to hang around at clubs for long so he might not be around for too long.

If Hughes takes over Warnock, Ireland, and Freidel will happy (I presume obviously). All main stays in teams Hughes has managed previously. Maybe he'll bring back Aaron Hughes, hahaha!

Er..It was Hughes who sold Dunne.

O yeah, forgot about that! Edited

Just before we all jump to conclusions...

Fulham's OS"]Fulham Football Club can confirm that Mark Hughes has provided notice, under the terms of his contract, to leave the Club at the end of June. After discussions with Mark the Club has agreed to accept this notice.

So if it is Hughes, it won't happen for a while yet.