dudevillaisnice

He did with us last year, he did with Boro, and I'm fairly certain he did with Pompey. Yeah, he may well have had that reputation but he still put some away near the end of last season..Where did I say league? I dont recall saying that at all. Talk about words in peoples mouths...

Right then, I've just checked and he's scored 20 goals in all competitions in one season ONCE in his career. He scored 21. Clicky I should probably point out that a lot of goals in his career have come from penalties unlike Carew.

I didn't put words in your mouth, I just assumed that the only fair way to compare strikers goals from teams in the same league where one gets more cup games than another was to use league totals. That way goals against lower league and small foreign sides won't distort the stats.

Yeah but he a - that was with us, higher quality of players around him, etc. And b - he scored 19 twice, which is what, 1 away... He didn't get many pens for us as Arteta is number 1 penalty taker... This is one of Carew's best seasons I think, so fair play, I'm not denying he's a good player, especially for you, but I just believe losing Yakubu for 9 months is a bigger blow than losing Carew for 3 (or something like that)- I guessa little bit to do with all our other injuries there, and the fact our system relied mainly on 1 striker, him..

but I just believe losing Yakubu is a bigger blow

the same Yak that you were propsoing Everton get rid of ..think it was to Spurs when you suggested it on another topic not so long ago :-)

I'm not sure that The Yak was / is pivotal to Everton and how they play .. i would argue that Carew , is pivotal to Villa and the way we play

You still had Gabby aswell and Harewood and Delfouneso, no matter how bad/young they are. We had quite simply, had noone other than kids who really aren't good enough, hence Cahill and Fellaini filling in. Carew hasn't got 20 goals in a season in his career, whilst Yak has done on a fair few occasions now. That was my point...nowhere did I say he didn't have it in him.

You can't really use the excuse that we had Gabby. We played 4-4-2 with Gabby and Carew as our strikers, so Gabby can't play his position and Carews.

I'd rather have Cahill and Fellaini up front than Harewood and the Fonz!

the same Yak that you were propsoing Everton get rid of ..think it was to Spurs when you suggested it on another topic not so long ago :-)

I'm not sure that The Yak was / is pivotal to Everton and how they play .. i would argue that Carew , is pivotal to Villa and the way we play

I never said I wanted rid.. :?

That was what was being rumoured at the time, and supposedly, he was going to Spurs in January, until he got injured.

Yak was very pivotal last year for sure, his link up play with Cahill and Pienaar is what got us 5th place. Huge miss.

I'm using Gabby in the "excuse" in terms of you still having recognised strikers, us having a grand total of ZERO.

I can see what the girl means. Their injury problems among strikers would equal with us having Carew, Heskey, Harewood AND Gabby out, and we haven't. But I'd still say that our injuries of course have affected us too. Having our captain out for a long while of course hits us and Bouma being out and Shorey being shite have meant that we yet again have played players out of position. Who's hurt most is hard to say, but I'd gor for Everton in the end. Just.

I never said I wanted rid.. :?

That was what was being rumoured at the time, and supposedly, he was going to Spurs in January, until he got injured.

Yak was very pivotal last year for sure, his link up play with Cahill and Pienaar is what got us 5th place. Huge miss.

I'm using Gabby in the "excuse" in terms of you still having recognised strikers, us having a grand total of ZERO.

I'm sorry but what did you expect when you signed Louis Saha, knowing Vaughans injury record? As far as I can see, you've only got 2 regularly fit strikers on your books anyway?

Â