dudevillaisnice

Jagielka is unbeatable at the minute, seriously he has been our best player by a mile this season.It would of been a travesty if he hadn't got called up. Bit gutted for Baines and Lescott, they've been outstanding lately too, yet Wayne Bridge (:x) gets in ahead of them. :?

Daily Mirror"]Everton manager David Moyes has hailed the form of unsung hero Phil Jagielka after the defender played a crucial part in the FA Cup win over Liverpool.

Midfielders Tim Cahill, Marouane Fellaini and Mikel Arteta usually grab the headlines, but on Wednesday night it was youngster Dan Gosling's turn in the spotlight as he scored the extra-time winner. However, it was the continued excellence of centre-back Jagielka which caught the eye.

"I think at the moment Phil Jagielka looks unbeatable," said the Everton boss, whose side's 1-0 victory booked a fifth round meeting with Aston Villa.

In both Wednesday's replay and the first tie at Anfield last month the former Sheffield United utility player did a superb job in keeping Liverpool's star striker Fernando Torres quiet.

Jagielka has been playing like that for a while now and Moyes believes it is about time he got some credit.

Advertisement - article continues below »

He added: "There were moments in the game when I think Torres thought 'I just can't get past him, he's too strong and too quick'. I thought his performance was excellent."

id be more upset about Baines tbh,i think he has been very good to..the thing is,their are some top center backs in England so its hard to pick,we could say the same about Davis missing out..the one good thing is they wont pick up injury :D .

Phil Jagielka - in the England squad - :notworthy:

Lescott out though - unfair.

I think he's turned into a top center back tbh,i have not seen a center back play Torres the way he did i your three games with them..we'll buy him off yous for champs league in the summer :lol: ..

Laursen has had Torres in his back pocket everyime we've played!

I like Jagielka. Very good and English, though I can't see anyone getting in front of Rio-Terry for a while, he also plays Barry-esque through balls to Ashley. In all seriousness he does deserve his England place, though I think Lescott would have been fortunate to get in, there are 5/6 better English centre backs than him at the moment, in my opinion.

Phil Jagielka - in the England squad - :notworthy:

Lescott out though - unfair.

I think he's turned into a top center back tbh,i have not seen a center back play Torres the way he did i your three games with them..we'll buy him off yous for champs league in the summer :lol: ..

Laursen has had Torres in his back pocket everyime we've played!

I like Jagielka. Very good and English, though I can't see anyone getting in front of Rio-Terry for a while, he also plays Barry-esque through balls to Ashley. In all seriousness he does deserve his England place, though I think Lescott would have been fortunate to get in, there are 5/6 better English centre backs than him at the moment, in my opinion.

To be fair, Jags and Lescott have been pretty outstanding since a certain game in December :x Lescott's form has picked up immensely over the last 2 months.

The only goals that have been scored against us since then were 2 Gerrard, 1 from Van Persie and a Ronaldo penalty..speaks volumes.

Yeah that's true. I'm a bit worried about the fact our most important player at the minute is flying to play 90mins in Japan in midweek :( Damn Cahill being Australian.
I did say a while back that take Cahill out of the side and they are not anywhere near as effective.

Yeah that's true. I'm a bit worried about the fact our most important player at the minute is flying to play 90mins in Japan in midweek :( Damn Cahill being Australian.
I did say a while back that take Cahill out of the side and they are not anywhere near as effective.

The stats will back you up on that.

can someone just prove me right or wrong either way, as some of these figures are from memory, but im fed up of pundits and moyes going on about how everton dont have any money to spend and have built there success by spending 6pence on players, from what i can remember

Yakubu = £11.5million

Andy Johnson = £8.6million

Fellaini = £15million

Simon Davies = £3.5million

Per Kroldrup = £5million

Lescot = £5million

Neville = £3.5million

Jagielka = £4million

Howard = £3.5million

Baines = £6million

then players like Gosling, Van der meyde, Valente around £2million each.

around £80million on players in 3 seasons. not bad for a club who claim they dont have a pot to piss in.

Everton transfers

I find this site quite useful. Though all the prices seem to be a bit high! it says they're in £s, but either they're in Euro's or something, or the that is how much they would have cost on the current value of the £. Just compare them to Villa players prices than you know for sure, and it'll give you a good indication.

Though I tend not to knock clubs who spend and say they have no money, we did that throughout Ellis' reign.

According to the link, Everton has spent around £40m net in the last 3 seasons.

I thought the atmosphere in general was very poor, but considering Everton scored so ealy on and had the lead for a good 60 overall, you barely heard anything. They kept singing one song over and over, but couldn't hear what it was.

I thought the atmosphere in general was very poor, but considering Everton scored so ealy on and had the lead for a good 60 overall, you barely heard anything. They kept singing one song over and over, but couldn't hear what it was.

The 'HANDBALL!!!' song.

;)

The 'HANDBALL!!!' song.

;)

:lol:

Your fans were quiet considering how many there was there. You made more noise in the league game. We didnt play well, but so what, we didn't need to because we still completely deserved it. On the net spending, read my previous posts on it, rather tiring explaining it time and time again. Joe-Max Moore was an alright player, nothing special.Very nice bloke though.

Â