dudevillaisnice

Anyone else got a sense of Deja vú from how Villa was about 3+ years ago? Should give you some hope, AG.

Hmmm. It might give hope, but at the same time if we hadn't been saved who knows where we would be right now.

I'd be very afraid. Everton look like a sinking club from where I'm sitting.

That's the hope I'm kind of talking about. A good buyer to come in and "rescue" them. It happened to us, can happen to them.

Anyone else got a sense of Deja vú from how Villa was about 3+ years ago? Should give you some hope, AG.

Hmmm. It might give hope, but at the same time if we hadn't been saved who knows where we would be right now.

I'd be very afraid. Everton look like a sinking club from where I'm sitting.

That's the hope I'm kind of talking about. A good buyer to come in and "rescue" them. It happened to us, can happen to them.

Thing is, they want a Randy Lerner type, rather than some oil sheikhs. There aren't too many about, and it's a bad economic climate in which to buy a footie club.

Yeah, Kenwright is selling up, and people are interested, we just need the firm bids.

Sorry AG but sitting here deep in Blue territory I have to say I'm rather bored of the Kenwright is Selling Up / Kenwright is seeking new investment rubbish, he's been saying it for years and not once has it materialised. Firstly its not actually his club to sell, what percentage of shares does he actually own? Not the ones he sits on, on behalf of others like Lord Grantchester or whoever it is but he himself, how many does he own?

Like 30% I think. This time though bicks, he has actually hired Keith Harris (*awaits jokes*) and Amanda Staveley to actually be out on the hunt, rather than himself or his little coworkers like Phillip Green etc. Harris and Staveley know where it's at.Plus Bill is very very ill right now.

They are nowhere near as bad as we were. They have a very vary good manager. Above half way in the table, and just broke there transfer record for the 4th season on the trot. And in my opinion will still finish 6th-7th. Really hard times for Everton.

What a long post..

I think we all know how you feel though, there were times during the Ellis era where we were just so bad it made you want to cry, no investment, no passion on the field, everything was so stale. I personally think you're just getting greedy! You've finished very well in the league the last few seasons, including that impossible 4th place, and now your expectations are too high, that's how I see it anyway. As Oaks said, you've spent fairly big in recent summers and have a top class manager, you may have a bad season every now and then, every club does, but I don't think you need to get this worked up about it. 2 or 3 seasons in a row? Fair enough, but not only did Everton finish 5th last season, they're still high up in the table now considering how 'bad' you're meant to be playing of late.

So stop being so bloody greedy! Let Villa have their day in the sun! :D

They are nowhere near as bad as we were. They have a very vary good manager. Above half way in the table, and just broke there transfer record for the 4th season on the trot. And in my opinion will still finish 6th-7th. Really hard times for Everton.

not equilavnt at all as we on the verge of collapse

they are stable but lack the finance but this is the wrong time to do this as Newky as found

not equilavnt at all as we on the verge of collapse

they are stable but lack the finance but this is the wrong time to do this as Newky as found

My post was mostly about the feeling among fans, not the real state of the club. Ah, well...

Yeah, Kenwright is selling up, and people are interested, we just need the firm bids.

That is nearly impossible right now, both for you and Newcastle. The money left for good sport and pleasure is wiped out from every wealthy person's savings - and to be honest - I doubt even Randy Lerner would buy Villa at present state. I imagine him losing much more money compared to what he has spent on Villa so far. It's great though, two supposed rivals in deep trouble.

They're not where we were 3 and a half years ago no, not yet. They have a half decent manager for a start, although he is starting to seem a bit of a one trick pony. I was impressed with how they upped their game last season but as AG has said they're back to the same stodgy one dimensional football they were playing previous to that. It's the sort of football that is unsustainable once you try and push on, so I have to wonder if Moyes has reached his ceiling?

They're not a long way from where we were in O'Leary's second season, which in itself is very worrying.

Look on the bright side AG - Pienaar isn't far from returning. I imagine he will have a similar impact to Everton as Petrov's return did for us.

He isn't that good.

Yes he is. It's not a case of who's the better player - which obviously we are all going to think is Petrov - it's a case of how much he lifts the team and the players around him. It isn't necessarily your best player, just someone that gives the team a bit of confidence and offers something new.

The game against Wigan was just terrible for Everton.. not just the result, but the performance. They need something to boost the players and give them a kick up the arse, and Pienaars return could well be their answer for that.

Don't get me wrong, I think he'll have a big impact just not as big an impact as when Petrov came back for us.

You can't compare the two IMO.

*cough*

This is just what Everton needed to get back on track. Bugger. :(

On the bright side, we play them at Goodison Park next week.. they seem to be far better away from home - as do we. If we lose that though, Everton are level with us on points.

No yak for the rest of the season. Saha injured too is he?

Indeed - Report on the BBC website. Click here

Everton's Yakubu out for season

Yakubu's injury took the gloss off an impressive win at White Hart Lane

Everton striker Yakubu is out for the rest of the season after rupturing his Achilles tendon during Sunday's 1-0 win over Tottenham at White Hart Lane.

The Nigerian went off early on after what looked an innocuous challenge.

But Toffees boss David Moyes said after the match: "He's done his Achilles and that's him out for the season.

"Louis Saha did his hamstring as well so, with James Vaughan facing a knee operation, we are really short up front. It's a massive shame for us."

Yakubu went down awkwardly during a challenge with Ledley King on 10 minutes, but at first looked as if he would be fit to carry on.

However, he was soon replaced by Saha and, after being examined by the medical staff in the dressing room, Moyes's worst fears were confirmed.

Saha was later stretchered off with a hamstring injury meaning, with Vaughan out until the new year at the earliest after injuring his knee in training, Moyes is left with Victor Anichebe as his only fit striker.

"We've had no luck injury-wise," said Moyes. "But I'm hopeful that the group will work hard and respond to the challenge, especially Anichebe who, whilst only young, has real quality."

When asked if the injuries would prompt the Scot to seek reinforcements in the January transfer window, he added: "It is well documented that we don't have great amounts of cash here and getting involved in January certainly wouldn't have been our ideal plan.

"But the chairman has always backed me and clearly we can't go through the rest of the season if we only have one fit striker.

"We'll see where we are and what we can do when the time comes in the new year."

Â