dudevillaisnice

He pissed all over our midfield and was basically the reason they were so good.

It was the ref that pissed all over our midfield. Apparently even after you are yellow cardered you can continue to foul after foul after foul and you don't get another one

His header that hit the crossbar was actually going over until Friedel got a hand to it too

He should have buried that header though. With the chances he had, he should have scored and him not doing so is probably why Everton didnt win yesterday.

In a related issue, how smug will you be at work for the next few days Bicks?

I walked into the canteen this morning, knowing we have a huge Everton fan who frequents and said to a colleague, just wait for Will to come in with all his excuses.

Sure enough, 30 seconds later in he marches 'Far too much extra time, I've never seen a team in all my life get so battered and win, blah blah blah' I just sat and smiled. Quality :D

His header that hit the crossbar was actually going over until Friedel got a hand to it too

Sorry Bicks but no it wasn't

It was, Freidel completely changes the balls trajectory, where the ball went up slightly but dropped much quicker than it would have done if he hadn't touched it. In essence it doesn't matter, it didn't go in. Neither did his header that Carlos cleared either. Its all a bit like saying Gareth Barry should've had a hat trick against fulham

Sidwell didn't get a yellow for all his fouls, no? and Barry for all his back chat, no? I'd be pretty angry if Fellaini had got sent off and neither of them got a booking.

the ref was utterly inept

his idea of advantage was bizarre to say the least

his idea of what constituted a yellow card was daft with no consistency at all. There was no way luke Youngs card was a card, there were far far far worse fouls in that game and far far more cynical ones that went uncarded.

he refusal to even contemplate over ruling his assistants even though they were three times the distance away from the incidents than he was was bordering on the stupid. I think there was a succesion of three or four line calls that the wrong team got the throw / kick in a row and every time the ref was loser than the assistant and it was obvious the call was wrong

the ref got backchat from both sides because he was so inept and lacked any consistency in his decisions, he would call very similar incidents differently they never knew where they stood with him

simply a very bad ref, he also let the crowd make decisions for him at times

I walked into the canteen this morning, knowing we have a huge Everton fan who frequents and said to a colleague, just wait for Will to come in with all his excuses.

Sure enough, 30 seconds later in he marches 'Far too much extra time, I've never seen a team in all my life get so battered and win, blah blah blah' I just sat and smiled. Quality :D

The canteen would seem the logical place to find a huge Everton fan :winkold:

The injury time thing makes me laugh. If you are happy enough to score in the second of at least three minutes, you cant be pissed off when you concede in the third of at least three minutes.

Still, yesterdays win wasnt as funny as the one at White Hart Lane the week after Big Ron got sacked when we were 3-0 up and cruising before Spurs made it 3-3 in the 89th minute. Only for Deano to make it 3-4 in the 90th. :D

Sidwell didn't get a yellow for all his fouls, no? and Barry for all his back chat, no? I'd be pretty angry if Fellaini had got sent off and neither of them got a booking.

his idea of what constituted a yellow card was daft with no consistency at all. There was no way luke Youngs card was a card, there were far far far worse fouls in that game and far far more cynical ones that went uncarded.

he refusal to even contemplate over ruling his assistants even though they were three times the distance away from the incidents than he was was bordering on the stupid. I think there was a succesion of three or four line calls that the wrong team got the throw / kick in a row and every time the ref was loser than the assistant and it was obvious the call was wrong

the ref got backchat from both sides because he was so inept and lacked any consistency in his decisions, he would call very similar incidents differently they never knew where they stood with him

I agree with every single word.

What makes me laugh is that apparantly on MoTD they were praising him for the way he handled the game.

The injury time thing makes me laugh. If you are happy enough to score in the second of at least three minutes, you cant be pissed off when you concede in the third of at least three minutes.

not forgetting the subsequent time wasting by worf with his outrageous celebration in front of the away fans (you know, the ones he's supposedly one of), that time gets added back on (again, no booking for that!)

I agree entirely.

not forgetting the subsequent time wasting by worf with his outrageous celebration in front of the away fans (you know, the ones he's supposedly one of), that time gets added back on (again, no booking for that!)

I'm still waiting for someone to explain how that wasn't a booking.

To be honest, I dont get all the Lescott calling. There is a thread on it in the Villa part of the site too. Yes, Lescott is a Brummie and yes, he grew up as a Villa fan. You pretty much have to give up your loyalties as a fan when you are a pro though. You have every right to celebrate a goal when you score in the Premier League, especially if its in a big game against your immediate rivals. Im sure Lescott still looks out for our results and im sure he wants us to do well as long as it doesnt affect his own team. I like Lescott, I think he is a great player.

(And yes, I admit my opinion might be different had the game ended 2-2..)

Â