dudevillaisnice

No forwards? Thats going to mean they'll be even more boring to watch. What a really dull and uninspiring team to watch Everton are.

Mind you, don't suppose it'll make much difference, the Yak don't find the net much these days anyway does he? They rely heavily on goals from Cahill and Fellani.

Everton are getting closer and closer to us, I'm getting worried we may need to start looking down rather than up.

Its a strange season, and with 23 games to go, so many twists to come. At the moment we are not at full strength, and with a signing in January I would hope that we will come good in the new year where the shake up really happens. Be interesting to see how Manchester City strengthen and how Tottenham do. Its going to be tough, but who said it would be easy?

Everton are getting closer and closer to us, I'm getting worried we may need to start looking down rather than up.

Its a strange season, and with 23 games to go, so many twists to come. At the moment we are not at full strength, and with a signing in January I would hope that we will come good in the new year where the shake up really happens. Be interesting to see how Manchester City strengthen and how Tottenham do. Its going to be tough, but who said it would be easy?

We aren't at full strength granted but we are only missing one player and its worrying how much one player being missing can affect us.

Your right though there is a long way to go and a transfer window approaching we need to take advantage of it. I can only see Man City, Spurs and us out of the chasing pack spending any money.

Wow, we needed that win. It was deserved in the end and defensively we looked awesome. Jagielka :notworthy: Howard :notworthy:

To be honest, I have slagged Yak, but wow, didn't expect that. I'm actually gutted and Louis will be out for a good while. So we are left with Vic. Now Vic has looked a different player this year, he has been pretty awesome to be honest, and has been unlucky not to start more games but for him to play upfront, on his own over this tough period won't be possible. I suspect we might throw Cahill up there for some games because Jutkiewicz and the other kids aren't ready. Baxter is not ready enough to come in for these games. The only other thing is using Lescott upfront which we did last season for 20 minutes in one game. I think he hated it to be honest :lol:

Well, if we ain't in the bottom half after the next 5 games, a miracle as happened I'd say. I reckon we might go for Defoe in January now.

We aren't at full strength granted but we are only missing one player and its worrying how much one player being missing can affect us.

Your right though there is a long way to go and a transfer window approaching we need to take advantage of it. I can only see Man City, Spurs and us out of the chasing pack spending any money.

I would say Bouma has been missed; not in a ‘aren’t we playing crap now Bouma is out’, but rather ‘Shorey needs to settle a bit more, because he’s not as solid as Bouma’ way. Carew was missed on Saturday, but not quite as much as we feared against Arsenal and Man U.

I would say Bouma has been missed; not in a ‘aren’t we playing crap now Bouma is out’, but rather ‘Shorey needs to settle a bit more, because he’s not as solid as Bouma’ way. Carew was missed on Saturday, but not quite as much as we feared against Arsenal and Man U.

I'd forgotten about Mr Bouma! :oops:

Apologies if this has already been posted:

Everton look to rekindle short-term Larsson deal

David Moyes, the Everton manager, will reconsider a move for the veteran Sweden captain Henrik Larsson in January as he searches the loan market for reinforcements for his stricken strike force.

Injuries have reduced Everton's established four-man attack to one in the past week, the 20-year-old Victor Anichebe, and Moyes, with little money to spend, may have to revive his interest in the 37-year-old Larsson. The Everton manager resisted a chance to sign the former Celtic striker from Helsingborg at the end of last season, when he still had Andrew Johnson on the books, but warmed to the idea after Johnson was sold to Fulham and the August transfer deadline was approaching.

By that stage, however, Larsson was reluctant to quit Helsingborg midway through a Swedish league season in which he ultimately scored 14 goals in 27 games and Moyes turned his attentions to Louis Saha. Everton may offer Larsson a short-term deal similar to the one he accepted from Manchester United in 2007, when he played from January until March during Sweden's close season, although whether the veteran remains receptive to the idea is uncertain.

Larsson will not be the only option considered as Moyes tries to ease an injury crisis that has claimed Yakubu Ayegbeni, James Vaughan and Saha inside the past week. The £11.25m Yakubu is out for the season having ruptured an achilles tendon during the win at Tottenham while Vaughan will undergo knee surgery this week at the Colorado clinic of Dr Richard Steadman and Saha suffered a muscle spasm in his hamstring at White Hart Lane. Vaughan will be sidelined for up to three months following surgery and Saha will be reassessed later in the week, though he is not as serious as was first anticipated. Yakubu will have an operation today.

"It is a huge blow to lose Yak and we are all so sorry for him," said Steven Pienaar, Everton's scorer at Spurs. "He was really down. His presence alone in the team gives the players a boost, so it is really unfortunate for him when we are not even halfway through the season."

The CSKA Moscow forward Vagner Love would be Moyes' ideal target. The manager watched the Brazilian score twice in a recent Uefa Cup tie at Feyenoord, although his £12m valuation is beyond the Scot and the injury to Yakubu removes any prospect of the Nigerian being sold to raise funds. The Everton manager had previously said Yakubu was not for sale. Alan Smith was another target in the summer, although the Newcastle forward has not played all season due to a stress fracture in his foot, while Kleber, a Brazilian currently on loan at Palmeiras from Dynamo Kiev, has also interested Premier League scouts.

Â