dudevillaisnice

54 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Really? Bournemouth were involved in loads of high scoring games in the prem. Everyone would go on about his teams having no clue how to defend or control games so in his 18 months out he certainly took stock, went to watch Atletico Madrid play and train and now Newcastle can comfortably s***house their way to 0-0s and 1-0s.

Sign of a great coach to be fair. Without ego, humble enough to recognise that defensive structure was a weakness in his coaching and as you rightly pointed out - took time to get better in that area when he was out. Bielsa gets lauded. He never really ironed out the weak points and holes in his tactics ( which come to fruition eventually wherever he goes ) 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Kompany has totally transformed the way they play though and have taken the championship by storm. The other teams relegated havent done so well. 

I will be interested to see what Dyche does at everton. I think he will just keep them up. 

So did Wagner with Huddersfield and Farke with Norwich. We know how that story goes when the step up happens. I want to see his adaptability when they can’t boss possession next season, which they won’t be able to do as much as they are now. Kompany’s 7-8 months in charge of Burnley is still significantly behind Dyche’s body of work there. Style is irrelevant at the moment . So they’ll win the championship, so did Dyche’s Burnley. Will see next season. 

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Had a really quick look on grand old team

Even those who don't seem to mind him still seem bitter over Rafa, lampard, hate the board and most of the players

The rot is in deep

I understand their bitterness, they are where we were seven years ago. But with more money spent.

49 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

The Evertonians don’t seem happy with the appointment . Madness 

I think they see us get Emery and Wolves get Lopetegui and they were expecting a big name appointment

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think they see us get Emery and Wolves get Lopetegui and they were expecting a big name appointment

That’s definitely the case, the jobs near impossible they’ve only averaged 0.75 points per match this season so they need to win matches drawing alone won’t get them out of this mess. Dyche is the best man for the job if they go down they’ll go down fighting and might carry some feel good momentum to bounce back up . The football won’t be enjoyable but with limited funds and a poor recruitment team it’s the best they can hope for.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

But marcsh kept leeds up last year.

Lopetegui has a impressive cv as you can see how wolves played against us they look very good

Cooper is showing whta a good manager he is. He has madw it work with a massive squad. Impressive

Dont know enough about de zerbi ro comment

Lopetegui had Sevilla in the bottom 3 before he was sacked

19 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Finally we will find out if Dyche always wanted to play attractive, attacking football, but was held back because Burnley had no money. 

".......yeah....about the money thing...."

I found this a good watch. Gives some insights into a few things. It's clearly a very different 4 4 2 to what Emery plays. I couldn't help but think of Gerrard though, Dyche said at different points in it, he wanted to mix things up and not always try play 10 yard passes through opposition. He also said in the Premier League transition kills you. He also talks about giving players the chance to be the best they can and focus on their best attributes. All the opposite of Gerrard. 

But transition kills you in Premier League, it's so true. If we are loaded with pace. I really can't wait for Carlos to be back, he's outstanding at the long switch passes, so the RB position cross field to Moreno or Watkins is exciting. Konsa can't do this, Carlos was in the top 1% of CBs at this. 

• Like 3

A couple of Gerrard - esqe quotes form Dyche 🤣

BBC

That starts with sweat on the shirt, effort and getting back to some of the basic principles of what Everton Football Club has stood for for a long time. 

"Our aim is to put out a team that works, that fights and wears the badge with pride.

Â