dudevillaisnice

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Danger is though all it takes is one mediocre run of form and the fanbase will turn more quickly if they don't really get the managerial appointment. You saw the difference feels at the ground to when the season after McLeish we had Lambert producing an even worse run yet the reaction in ground was still fairly supportive.

Benitez got an o.k reception at start but you knew it wouldn't last and he was on borrowed time since December.

In my memory, McLeish played dire football. With Lambert we were very vulnarable, but at least we tried to win games. So that was at least a step forward

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its between them, Leeds, and Burnley. Kind of depends if Burnley win their games in hand (one of them is versus us).

I hope we don't concede a single point to Burnley. Screw that team, they're on borrowed time and have been circling the drain for years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

I hope we don't concede a single point to Burnley. Screw that team, they're on borrowed time and have been circling the drain for years.

If it sent Leeds or Everton down I'd accept it if I'm honest 

Burnley had their sunshine on a dogs ass moment, hopefully we'll never be challenging anything with them again

Might not be tomorrow but one day Everton will sort themselves out and be back in and around where we want to be, if us losing to burnley sets that back 5 to 10 years then I'd take it 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Burnley had their sunshine on a dogs ass moment, hopefully we'll never be challenging anything with them again

Might not be tomorrow but one day Everton will sort themselves out and be back in and around where we want to be, if us losing to burnley sets that back 5 to 10 years then I'd take it 

Lose the battle, win the war

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

now this is something I could get behind, but I'd rather see us win every game and be ahead of them purely on our own merit. I wouldn't exactly cry if either of these three teams went down but my order of preference is probably:

1) Leeds

2) Burnley

3) Everton

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Didnt you say last week that Watford made a mistake appointing Hodgson and Everton would easily stay up on home form?

Yes it proves I know nothing.  Norwich are going down of that I am 100% certain, the other  two  I have no idea. 

I predicted Lampard would fall flat on his face. The players probably like Frank but don't respect him as a boss. He's probably already lost them. 

Confounding that a big club like Everton would entrust their PL survival to a guy who was fired from his boyhood club because he had a team of world class players badly underachieving. 

He hasn't done sh*t as a manager. The only thing he has going for him is the 3 games in hand. Watch him blow that, too.

11 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

It’s because of Rafa they are in this situation. 

Its really not. Everton have been badly ran since Moyes left, they have spent money and had better finishes than us but is a lot of similarities with our relegation. Its a club ran by clowns

• Like 1

Sadly I think they will probably survive but even so Frank Lampard (who I quite like)  has done a terrible job since arriving. 

Amazing to me they just ignore Anwar, the proven premier league goal scorer they have on loan. I guess they dont need goals.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Let's be honest, we're going to cede 4 points to Burnley anyway.  Having absolutely battered them in both games of course.

I'm confident we'll beat them at home but yeah 1-0 loss at Turf Moor in similar fashion to Newcastle away feels inevitable.

BTW is there some unwritten law we can't play them until May or something? This week we are seeing Brighton-Spurs on Weds and then Everton-Newcastle on Thursday which was originally going to be over xmas period.

Surely premier league could've inserted our game on the Weds as seems bizarre to me we're having to wait ages to play it when other lost fixtures over that period are being played.

Could've been a nice little confidence booster to go into Arsenal game. Perhaps we'll play it between the Liverpool and Spurs home games in April.

Everton really do look like they are in trouble.  They suddenly look a really poor team.  Doucoure is a relegated Watford Player,  so used to being down there.  Richarlison looks less than bothered and defensively, they look disorganised.  I still can't see them going down, simply because I think this is Burnley's turn. 

Both Burnley and Everton could easily go down, Watford have started getting results and they possibly have the easiest run in, Leeds, Brentford, and Burnley are their next three home games.

Thursday is a big opportunity for Everton, beat Newcastle and they're only one point behind Leeds with two games in hand, Newcastle have been on form recently but I think they've had a lot of favorable fixtures with some good fortune, so I don't think they're as good as that form suggests and are probably due a few bad results.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its really not. Everton have been badly ran since Moyes left, they have spent money and had better finishes than us but is a lot of similarities with our relegation. Its a club ran by clowns

Again though, Ancelotti got this lot to finish in the top 10. The only significant weakening in the squad since last season is James leaving (who missed most of the second half of the season anyway) and a bit-part player not playing because of a criminal allegation. Then they bizarrely sold their best left-back, but that didn't happen until January.

We *know* that most of these players have the potential to finish in mid-table. That they are nowhere near that has to be largely down to the guy in charge for the majority of their games this season.

• Like 2

Â