Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

He's our highest joint goal scorer and this is a combination of bad form, missing games and lack of service. Not bad eh?

Id add missed chances to that.

No ones doubting his goalscoring ability. But its worthless in this team almost, because we dont use it. As a result, he becomes worthless.

What exactly have we done in the last 3 games without him? We've managed to score 1 goal in 3 games without really even testing the goalkeeper. We still look hopeless at defending setpieces and clueless in the final third.

We would be worse off without Bent. Who exactly would you want as his replacement anyway? Don't forget we'll have to trust McLeish with the money and I doubt he'll have alot to spend.

What exactly have we done with him? I wouldnt necessarily spend on a direct replacement. Probably stick Gabby up there. hes been as potent this season as Bent.

Stick Gerd Muller up there, we aint scoring without the ball - Trust me

I didn't think there would be anyone who would be happy with bent being sold.

Woodytom you must have one giant sized randy lerner statue in your house.

Not about being happy. Its about being realistic. If a bigger club (and there are plenty of them) come in for him then hes going, end of.

And there are both positives and negatives of that. Il choose to look at the positives.

1. Oh how dare he provide credit for Aton Villa to spend £100 million on players at a lower rate of interest than could be found anywhere else? He should be gifting all his wealth to us!

2. The biggest criticism of Lerner is that he’s far too naive and should have brought in a Stride type character in the early days.

3. Plenty of people on this forum don’t attend games. What’s your point?

As I said, there are plenty of ready to hand criticisms, so why leap to the nonsensical? Not everything is the best ever or the worst ever. Sometimes it’s just entirely mediocre; and before you ask no, that is of course not where I want the Villa to be, but it’s the current reality.

My point

He isn't providing finance for players

He hasn't brought in a Steve Stride person

A Chairman not attending games is never a good sign. To me it indicates he isn't that bothered. Of course you could be a great chairman and nver attend a single game. but with no money for players, our best players being sold an absent chairman is the icing on the cake.

I beleive that someone with the same resources as Lerner could do far better job, by just recruiting better staff and showing a bit more leadership.

This question is to the people who think selling Bent is a good idea.

If we sell Bent where are the goals gonna come from? Would you trust McLeish to spend the money wisely?

Or are you happy we're balancing the books to cater for Hutton and the injured Jenas?

The goals arent coming with Bent, is the point.

5 IN 14 ?

Weve done worse..........Andy Caroll would kill for that strike rate.

Stick Gerd Muller up there, we aint scoring without the ball - Trust me

He lacks a bit of mobility at 66 Woodytom. :winkold:

He hasn't brought in a Steve Stride person

That is a bit of a positive for me smetrov as for me he was more of a "yes man" than the type of person we need now at the club.

Not about being happy. Its about being realistic. If a bigger club (and there are plenty of them) come in for him then hes going, end of.

And there are both positives and negatives of that. Il choose to look at the positives.

what if that ' bigger ' club was qpr

ps. Its King Kenny

king of the bin dippers is not really a title i would be aspiring to

i can just imagine his house, like fagins with various pickpockets and street urchins handing over their stolen loot while he sits on his porcelain thrown

ok maybe not, but it is like that in my head.

what if that ' bigger ' club was qpr

Then Bent would be talking shit like Barton was.

Why do people think if Bent is sold that the manager will have the money to spend. In my opinion if Bent is sold it will be for the money to be used elsewhere propably to repay another loan or balance the books.

The only positive would be that it would surely signal that Lerner is in the process of selling the club........I canot see any other reason for it.

I have a sneaking suspician that if we are to sell Bent then at the present time he might very well go to Liverpool.

Liverpool are creating loads of chances but don't have the poacher to finish them off. Liverpool play the type of game to suit Bent and have a striker on their books at the moment who doesn't, or cannot fit into their way of playing.

I just wonder if Kenny came in for Bent could we then agree to sell on the basis that Carrol comes to us for the rest of the season with a view to buy?

Caroll would be the target man we are badly missing if AM wants to play hoofball?

Â