Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Newcastle, West Ham, Stoke, and Fulham would all take Bent. Turkey, and Russia an option too

Cant see Newcastle tbh. Hes not French. 

Also there is a saying in Newcastle. "Once a mackem, always a mackem." He would not be welcomed I think.

I'll be gutted if he goes and a bit worried to be honest.

If Bent goes then 12 months down the line if we lose Benteke also we'll have nobody.

Yeah because its impossible to sign anybody isnt it?

I'll be gutted if he goes and a bit worried to be honest.

If Bent goes then 12 months down the line if we lose Benteke also we'll have nobody.

Yeah because its impossible to sign anybody isnt it?

and are weimann and gabby really equal to nobody?

Gabby and Weimann play best off someone I think, I don't think either would really cut it as the main man personally.

I disagree but either way, the same could be said about Darren Bent since May 2011.

Gabby and Weimann play best off someone I think, I don't think either would really cut it as the main man personally.

I disagree but either way, the same could be said about Darren Bent since May 2011.

He did fine last season. His goals before he got injured kept us up in my opinion.

I completely agree, but I don't think Bent is someone that others can really play off anyway. So selling Bent really makes no difference if we continue with the front 3 we've been playing. The only thing Bent gives us at the moment is someone to come off the bench and maybe take that 1/4 chance which may come in the closing minutes. He could excel at another club where the strike force is built around him, like it used to be with us. The most awkward thing for us is that selling him to a PL club WILL strengthen them significantly, we either need to sell him to someone we aren't competing with or look abroad.

He was never going to be a regular in the first team and his wages are too high for someone who will just sit on the bench so its understandable the club want to sell him. Another deal we will loose a load of money on. Fee + Wages £40 million? we might get 5 or 6 mil back on him,

Mind you if we are willing to let Bent go we must be confident of keeping Benteke

Edited by PaulC

Some tweets from Pat Murphy today about Bent. 

Understand @AVFCOfficial not pushing Bent out the door,that if no one makes credible offer he'll stay.Wage bill apparently not issue it was

Believe @AVFCOfficial relaxed if DBent doesn't attract any suitors at a favourable price.After all no club came in for him in Jan

Good to hear that the wage bill is no longer going to hamstring us. I still expect Bent to leave because I think someone will cough up for him, £10m should do it.

He may be limited but what he does do he does better than most which is score goals. Valuable commodity to have.

I fully back Lambert for dropping Bent for Benteke, but I still believe Bent has been treated like crap. And it is wrong to suggest that Bent has whinged or kicked up a fuss because he just hasn't. Considering how unceremoniously he was stripped of the captaincy and dumped out of the team, I'm surprised he still comes out with things like he has "enjoyed his time at the club".

Fair play if Lambert doesn't want him, but I feel a bit embarrassed by how Bent has been treated and I feel bad for him. I'd like him to stay personally.

Some rumors about Darren Bent going to Fulham. Well, that would be a huge mistake. Berbatov and Bent in the same line-up? Not something I would want to play against..

They didn't exactly pull up trees last time they played together

if benteke goes, i want bent to stay. Build the team around Bent, he will get us goals

Exactly, if Benteke goes we'll need another 15-20 goal a season striker.  We have one at the club already, so long as we use the Benteke money to bring in wingers who give him service.  On the other thread I said we could get Sinclair and Downing on the cheap and probably have £10m-15m left of the Benteke money to spend for other parts of the team.  Lambert seems pretty pragmatic to me and if he feels he needs Bent next year and can build a team to suit him then I wouldn't rule out him staying.

I want him to stay personally but I think someone will come up with the goods and we'll sell. 20+ season strikers aren't easy to come by. He still has that world class movement and knows where the goal is. Someone, somewhere will get a bargin.

The thing I like about Dazzer is that he's (seemingly) never kicked off and you can genuinely tell he loves AVFC, despite getting a pretty raw deal. 

As for Gabby and  Wiemann they could be our main men if we were playing in the Championship maybe. 

I even think there is a good argument for Benteke to be pushed out where Wiemann plays then Bent in the middle. Goals galore! But it ain't going to happen.

Edited by supernova26

We saw at Wigan what bent is capable of , if we sold him we'd have to buy another striker anyway as Bowery isn't going to make it nor Fonz

But is Bent willing to sit on the bench for the majority of next season with the WC approaching, surely not. Anyways he is too lazy and expects the build-up play to be done for him, instead of working with the play to make something happen, can't rely on just the odd through ball getting to Bent and him scoring.

Â