Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

If Fulham have paid 2 mill to take him on loan this season then agreed that if they want him they can have him for 3 mill come the end of the season then that sounds about right to me. Bent will be 30 in January and have just one year left on his 70k a week contract at the end of the season. He will have to have a storming season to get himself another contract on anything like those wages. Due to his wages it would bring into question anyone wanting to pay anymore than 3 mill for him as it did this close season.

Whatever happens to Bent at Fulham as long as Lambert is our manager then Bent will not be kicking another ball for us. With that in mind then we just have to swallow on the 17 mill + loss on him.

Had the pleasure of watching bent lat night spend 120 minutes showing why we were right to get rid. Now I like bent as a goalscorer and whilst he was obviously lacking match fitness he spent he spent almost the entirety of the match in fulham's attacking half, only ventured to their defensive side of the halfway line once when burton had a corner and then just to the edge of the centre circle. He is a goal hanger. Did f all to help his team and they had no creativity at all, Tarabt was also lacking in helping his team, and spent the firs half sulking.

All in all Fulham were pretty poor

Had the pleasure of watching bent lat night spend 120 minutes showing why we were right to get rid. Now I like bent as a goalscorer and whilst he was obviously lacking match fitness he spent he spent almost the entirety of the match in fulham's attacking half, only ventured to their defensive side of the halfway line once when burton had a corner and then just to the edge of the centre circle. He is a goal hanger. Did f all to help his team and they had no creativity at all, Tarabt was also lacking in helping his team, and spent the firs half sulking.

Thanks for this analysis. Although, it has a sense of prejudice in it.

Thanks for this analysis. Although, it has a sense of prejudice in it.

It really doesn't.

I watched the sun go down yesterday and guess what? Day turned to night. It's exactly what I expected to happen. Just thought I'd say.

• Like 1

stalking him? I was lucky enough to get tickets for my local team in the cup against a premier league team that just happened to be the side that we have a player on loan at.

I was naturally interested to see him actually play in the flesh as he didnt do it much for us last year and he is a player I have liked at our club and had a high regard for his goal scoring ability.  I also thought that fellow Villa fans would also be interested in my observations given that I doubt many would have been at the match last night.

Noting the responses I have received I really doubt why I ever bothered to provide an update on the performance of our record signing.

• Like 3

Ah, forget Bent. I remember the glory days of Peter Withe running the channels, tracking back into his own half, and doing other pointless shit outside the box etc etc

In a team that was set up to play to his style he didn't need to do that

We have a team / manager now playing a different style and players at the club with a better style / strengths than Bent.  Frankly I'd prefer the team to be set up to play to their strengths,  as they are better than bent,  than bents (oh and by the way I like bent the player,  in a team to his talents he is a great goal scorer - evidence last night shows he has not changed his style ,  I doubt Fulham will be able to get the best out of him either)

sad thing for Darren. He was perfect in the MON era... when we were close to a top 4 spot and dropped off.. if we had him that season.. we could have made top 4.Then Ashley and Downing left and we got Bent.

Now we have Benteke.. and we lack a flair AM for creativity. Knowing our luck we will sign Belhanda and Kiyotake and lose Benteke and sign Marlon Harewood upfront.

Everytime we get close to being decent.. we get dissected apart from the big clubs.

Right player, wrong time.

sad thing for Darren. He was perfect in the MON era... when we were close to a top 4 spot and dropped off.. if we had him that season.. we could have made top 4.Then Ashley and Downing left and we got Bent.

Now we have Benteke.. and we lack a flair AM for creativity. Knowing our luck we will sign Belhanda and Kiyotake and lose Benteke and sign Marlon Harewood upfront.

Everytime we get close to being decent.. we get dissected apart from the big clubs.

Right player, wrong time.

The last time we had the missing piece of the jigsaw was when we signed Peter Withe for £500,000 in May 1980.

I was dead set against this signing at the time.

Shows what little I know doesn't it? ;)

Yeah they won't, but they'll work for Lambert's team better. Bent is clearly an outstanding goalscorer and his positioning will mean he'll do it and basically any club, no matter how bad. Problem is we need someone with a bit more about him. Thank God we have Benteke.

• Like 1

Â