Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Those of you who have Twitter might like to check the tweet (apparently) from Gabby that runs:

"Every club ur at u say ur treated badly I wonder wat u do that u don't

tell everyone

Maybe just don't come back! Villa = family club

I never said anyone's name anyway but I didn't like him either "

Genuine?

Id love to believe it is genuine I really would....but it can't be. 

Its far to honest and funny to be real. Particularly when his persona in front of a TV camera is that of a startled goldfish. 

Theres a video on his profile on that Keek thing acccepting follow requests for the account on twitter, and the Keek account is almost definitely him. 

I'm not interested how he performs for Fulham it is irrelevant, what matters is how he performed here and for a variety of reasons it hasn't been very well the last two seasons.

As for a manager who wants him, Bent was made captain by Lambert which suggests at one stage he did want him to be part of things.

I was speaking from a personal aspect only as he is on loan and therefore still our player whether you like it or not and while it is true that by making Bent captain Lambert did want him at the club for a short period of time Lambert has nevertheless shown for several months now that Bent is no longer in his plans and thats what i was referring to by stating playing for a manager who wants him.

Edited by Morpheus

It was his performances in the first two games that made PL realise he wasn't the type of striker for him. I will even go and say this, that if we had Bent upfront instead of Benteke, we would most likely have been relegated.

You've just made a ridiculous statement based on your own biased opinon when Bent has already proven that he can score enough goals to stop us from being relegated.

It was his performances in the first two games that made PL realise he wasn't the type of striker for him. I will even go and say this, that if we had Bent upfront instead of Benteke, we would most likely have been relegated.

You've just made a ridiculous statement based on your own biased opinon when Bent has already proven that he can score enough goals to stop us from being relegated.

That was with young and Downing both in form feeding him in a system that played to his strengths. Bent is incapable of doing what Benteke did last season.

Yes thats more than a fair point but if Benteke had been injured or not even signed and Bent was still our main striker then the manager would surely have recognised that and set the team up to play to his strengths rather than try to intergrate a system that didn't. 

...as I said on Friday the fans and those at the club at Villa have always been great with me. Looking forward to saturday's game now

really enjoying life at Fulham. just to clarify I feel some of quotes after the game on the weekend don't do what I said justice....

Why even speak to the press. They were obviously going to take his quotes into a certain direction. Could have said very little but chose to bad mouth.

So no I don't think Lambert has done anything wrong, handled anything badly or treated Bent unfairly in any way and I see nothing in those quotes from Bent to make me question that view.

I think Lambert has made a boo boo if there's not been any communication with the player, and the others in the bomb squad, which seems to be the case. It's a bit crappy to just stop involving someone without chatting to them about it

Yet several players have said they were told straight by Lambert, for example Hutton Dunne.

I can't imagine he did this with some and not others.

Lambert doesn't strike me as the sort to leave you second guessing what he thinks or as one to shy away from a difficult conversation.

I said this on Villatalk about a year ago and got laughed off because that's what some people on here are like. I will repeat it nonetheless. My mate a uni did work experience at the hospital department where Lowton's mum works and knowing I was a Villa fan my mate started to probe her on why we were having issues. She added some other stuff, but what has stuck with me is the fact she said Bent was basically a dick, and a disruptive one at that.

I'm not surprised PL left him out, we will never know why he left him out. But tbh I'd rather concentrate on moving forward now and not worry about that nobhaed.

I'm shocked that anyone who works in a hospital; could be so vulgar.

No wonder the NHS is going down the pan.  ;)

Edited by briny_ear

I said this on Villatalk about a year ago and got laughed off because that's what some people on here are like. I will repeat it nonetheless. My mate a uni did work experience at the hospital department where Lowton's mum works and knowing I was a Villa fan my mate started to probe her on why we were having issues. She added some other stuff, but what has stuck with me is the fact she said Bent was basically a dick, and a disruptive one at that.

I'm not surprised PL left him out, we will never know why he left him out. But tbh I'd rather concentrate on moving forward now and not worry about that nobhaed.

So Julie B was right.   She is ITK after all!!!

Seriously, though, he was asked questions by an interviewer, including how it felt to have the captaincy taken away and being made to train with the reserves, and he answered honestly.  The press love to sensationalize things and these interviews always lead to headlines like "Bent Slams Villa" to stir up interest.  Regardless of what you think of him, would any of you in is position have lied and say it didn't disappoint you?  Would you say "I don't mind because I'm really pretty crap and I'm well paid?"   He's an England international who came here expecting to play in the first team.  Even though any of us would jump at the chance to do that at his wages, that doesn't mean he's not justified being upset with the situation.

I think Lambert has done what's right for the team, but I don't blame Bent for being unhappy about it.   He hasn't gone running to the press about it for the past year.  If he's made waves he's been professional and kept it in house until the situation has resolved itself and now he's venting his frustration rather mildly in my opinion.  I don't have a problem with what either of them has done.  They haven't battled it out in the press.   Time for everyone to move on.   Good luck to Bent.  He did what we needed when we needed him.  He's not what we need now and so he's gone.

• Like 1

It's a ridiculous statement because you don't agree. So i'll rephrase it for you again if DB was our main striker last season we would have gone down. You always go on about Benteke being injured, it's like you want him to get injured so you can score points and say Bent would have done this an that. Bent playing on his own, we never won one game in the league last season.

Edited by SikhInTrinity
  • Like 1

I still don't think he's said anything that bad, but if Gabby thinks he's a dick that's good enough for me. 

PISOWWFFBENTUUWANKAAAA

Me neither. Nothing wrong with what he said. Badmouthing?? Ridiculous.

Sticks and stones....

Who cares....lots bad mouth when things don't go for them.

Don't sweat the small stuff, concentrate on the players that are our future.

Edited by TRO

All this talk of bad treatment but whats the alternative, have these guys lambert has told in no uncertain terms that they will be sold and wont play again training with the first team playing happy family's? Its ruthless and some would say harsh but i dont see what else you can do.

I still don't think he's said anything that bad, but if Gabby thinks he's a dick that's good enough for me. 

PISOWWFFBENTUUWANKAAAA

Me neither. Nothing wrong with what he said. Badmouthing?? Ridiculous.

He would have been better advised to say nothing.  But if he wants three minutes of notoriety in the pages of some arsewipe rag, at the expense of any reputation he might have had, then that's his decision.  A poor one, and badly advised, and he doesn't seem to have been told that if you spout for 20 minutes the journo will take the tastiest 20 seconds and use that.

With that many years experience, with that much money to buy advisers, with an agent to represent your interests, should you come across as quite that stupid?

• Like 1

Â