Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I feel for Bent a bit. His goals in his first season kept us up and then with a couple of injuries he saw himself out of the picture. It isn't his fault that his game doesn't fit into our style, but of course it is time for him to move on as we have Benteke for this season at least and hopefully will have a decent strikeforce in a couple of years time.

He is a quality goal scorer and deserves to be playing first team football while he is at his peak! Will score wherever he goes. I can see Fulham myself.

• Like 1

These kids are better than Sky Sports News

Subscribed, hopefully the good weather keeps going and they hang outside BMH every day.

On a side note, seems a bit harsh on Ireland, Hutton and Bent to be training by themselves.

I wonder has he even been asked to take a drop in wages to stay? 

this makes no sense. Why would he drop his wages and then not play. would be one of worst decisions by a footballer in history. rare chance they take paycuts is to play

(a lot of what he says makes no sense)

He would play though but obviously not first choice.

Lambert likes to tinker with formations and we can't play Benteke in every game of the season.

Something has definitely happened between player and manager and we just might live to regret getting rid.

These kids are better than Sky Sports News

Subscribed, hopefully the good weather keeps going and they hang outside BMH every day.

On a side note, seems a bit harsh on Ireland, Hutton and Bent to be training by themselves.

Foolish by Lambert, we wont be able to sell Bent & Ireland when Hutton injures them!

Gained me notoriety on Twitter. Something was brewing late at night on here about a 'meltdown' signing. I took a complete guess and tweeted him asking if any Villa fans had suddenly started following him. He replied:

https://twitter.com/DarrenBent/status/26296785668411392

and I suddenly had all Sunderland fans abusing me as apparently it was evidence of tapping up.

Still hope we can't do a deal and that we're strong enough to carry him as an impact sub. Would be nice. But maybe not to be.

Yes.  I suppose if they're no part of the plans for next year then there's no point them training with the squad.  But training is so public that exclusion is humiliating.  Won't do anything to bolster the resale price, either.  I don't think you can include them in a squad they're not going to be part of just to save face, but it seems pretty unfortunate.  I don't know what a better solution would be.

sad to see bent go, a nice chap, no bitching and professional.

I suspect his niggly injuries were just that, if he had the full support of his boss he would have played through, but like anyone else, if you feel your being shat on , why make the extra effort when it wont be noticed.

thanks not only for your goals, but raising the profile of our club when it was going down the shitter.

he will score goals where ever he goes so I expect he will hit 16 to 20 next season no matter who he plays for.

I suspect his niggly injuries were just that, if he had the full support of his boss he would have played through, but like anyone else, if you feel your being shat on , why make the extra effort when it wont be noticed.

thanks not only for your goals, but raising the profile of our club when it was going down the shitter.

he will score goals where ever he goes so I expect he will hit 16 to 20 next season no matter who he plays for.

Totally agree.

Something has definitely happened between player and manager and we just might live to regret getting rid.

I disagree. ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££60+k a WEEK!

That's all that needs to happen. £3million+ a year for a limited player who doesn't do enough for the team, when we are losing money. It's not rocket science ;)

Totally agree.

Bent has scored the following amount of goals per season in the Premiership:

18,13, 6, 12, 24, 17, 9, 3

In there are three great seasons (one exceptional) and otherwise a lot of average. He is a bit overrated imo. He certainly doesn't do enough for the team and needs to go considering the stupid wages he is on. We could get three first team players on that wage.

Edited by praisedmambo

Re. The Bomb squad - I think it's swings and roundabouts with footballers. They are earning so much money from Aston Villa that the club are within they're rights to treat them whatever way they choose. 

You wonder if they could ask them to clean the toilets at Bodymoor or would that be stretching their job descriptions a little.

It also makes you wonder would a footballer ever take into consideration when signing a huge contract that if the a new manager comes in and doesn't fancy them they could be frozen out because no one will take them as they've signed such a huge contract? Perhaps it's up to the footballer to do their due diligence before they sign such contracts.

Totally agree.

Bent has scored the following amount of goals per season in the Premiership:

18,13, 6, 12, 24, 17, 9, 3

In there are three great seasons (one exceptional) and otherwise a lot of average. He is a bit overrated imo. He certainly doesn't do enough for the team and needs to go considering the stupid wages he is on. We could get three first team players on that wage.

Maybe you should try that stat again with a goals to minutes played ratio.  It's not like he really had a fair crack of the whip the last two seasons. 

Maybe you should try that stat again with a goals to minutes played ratio.  It's not like he really had a fair crack of the whip the last two seasons. 

Obviously. But there's also a reason Spurs got rid of him. And it's that he is not that good. We've moved on from Bent now. 

Glad he is going TBH!

Football wise he has been invisible for the last 2 years; A total drain of resources.

However good luck to him as he seems like a true pro.

Edited by Nigel

Can do nothing but wish the bloke well. Done his job when given the chance

If we'd scored bag fulls last year and stayed up at a canter i could maybe have understood Lambert's decision to banish him to the stiffs. As we did neither i'm still completely perplexed as to why we didn't use a valuable asset to help win us more games and make things a lot more comfortable than they were

As we did neither i'm still completely perplexed as to why we didn't use a valuable asset to help win us more games and make things a lot more comfortable than they were

Because when he got on the pitch he didnt do that, in fact more often than not when he got on the pitch we efectively lost a man.  He is no impact sub.

Â