Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Lerner does not sign players...

Stephen Ireland.
He didn't sign Ireland. MON wanted him and the agreement was done but we couldn't back out of the deal once MON left.

Before this moves to an off topic feedback style loop, does anyone KNOW* the contractual obligations, if any, applicable to the final deal which was arranged under MON but completed without MON?

* not - think they know, recon, 'have it on good authority' or 'apparently...'

I hope we don't live to regret losing one of the best goal scorers we've had for the sake of getting his wages of the wage bill or not being able to incorporate him into our system?

Depends what you see as the biggest inconvenience.

Getting rid of one player who doesn't fit into our system.

Or completely changing our system to incorporate one player.

As much as I like Bent and think he's a very good player, I think the first option is really the most sensible.

• Like 1

I hope we don't live to regret losing one of the best goal scorers we've had for the sake of getting his wages of the wage bill or not being able to incorporate him into our system?

As much as I like Bent and think he's a very good player, I think the first option is really the most sensible.

So are we going to play a "system" where everything went through Benteke but without Benteke next season?

Sign an inferior version of him like Gomis or Jones?

I guess we will be changing or way of playing anyhow so the "system" should not be an issue with regards to Bent, Lambert just doesn't like him 

So are we going to play a "system" where everything went through Benteke but without Benteke next season?

I guess we will be changing or way of playing anyhow so the "system" should not be an issue with regards to Bent, Lambert just doesn't like him 

I don't have an answer, I'm not the manager.

My guess is Lambert will sign someone, or play someone, who can do the same job as Benteke did.

Will they do it as well as Benteke? Probably not.

We'll have to hope the rest of the team has improved sufficiently to make up for that.

I think (and hope) Lambert is trying to infuse a faster, more passing game on the ground with the likes of Tonev, Luna, Bacuna and hopefully a new creative mid, be it Kiyotake or someone else. Not as much fullbacks trying to hit the ball close to Benteke and see what happends.

As our midfild is kinda weak and unbalanced, workrate will likelly still be a high priority for all the attacking players so that's partly why Bent might not fit in, other than that i think a Bent in form would have worked well

Paul Faulkner is looking into cloning him!

What if we want to change that system though?

We all know Lambert likes to tinker depending on the opposition and i don't necessarily agree that we would have to completely change our system to incorporate Bent.

The 'For Sale' sign around Bent may also be for reasons other than football but i guess we'll have to read Bent's memoir to find out why he has been harshly isolated.

We all know Lambert likes to tinker depending on the opposition and i don't necessarily agree that we would have to completely change our system to incorporate Bent.

The 'For Sale' sign around Bent may also be for reasons other than football but i guess we'll have to read Bent's memoir to find out why he has been harshly isolated.

Suppose it could be to do with the 6 transfer requests that Gabby referred to the other day.

Suppose it could be to do with the 6 transfer requests that Gabby referred to the other day.

What tweet is that and what transfer requests? Not on twitter!

I think the Bradford miss summed up his Villa career

I disagree- his goal tally 2 years ago single handedly saved us from the drop. I'll always be a fan of Bent for what he achieved for Villa.

I hope he does go. Through no fault of his own, he does'nt have a future here and needs to be playing for a club who play to HIS strengths. Unfortunately for Darren (not us), Lambo is trying to imprint a certain style and ethos on the team as a unit and DB seems like a square peg in a round hole.

What tweet is that and what transfer requests? Not on twitter!

Not saying that the poster is wrong but i'd like to see evidence of that.

ive come round to the idea of selling bent now, i like him and know theres goals there, but when you consider his age, 28, this is were the value starts dropping, we might get £8m for him this window, but come next summer? possibly unlikely

young players is the future

Â