Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expect atleat one odd inclusion. My money is on Bradley.

at this stage of the season in a 6 pointer? no chance

Not what I would do, just trying to second guess Houllier.

Would personally like to see Petrov come back in, small pitch should suit him.

If Walker doesn't fully recover in time then I'd go for:

...................Friedel....................

Cueller..Collins..Dunne..L.Young

.....................NRC......................

........Makoun..........Delph..........

Downing.......................A.Young

...................Bent.......................

If we were to play this system against Everton I'd be alot more confident in us winning but if Houllier sticks to playing Ash in the hole then I can't see anything other than an Everton win! The situation we are in is beyond desperate now and even a point wouldn't be good enough really at this stage of the season with how close the table is! I've got a VERY bad feeling that we'll be in the relegation zone this time tomorrow :-(

A point would be a good result but to be honest I dunno what to expect, we could either get battered or beat them convincingly. We have the quality players, just a case of them showing up with the appropriate tactics! Every Friday evening i try to be optimistic!

Artetasgirl - How do you know Cahill is definately out? All of the reports and match previews say he is only doubtful. Where have you seen that?

Very reliable source.

I've got an Evertonian on Twitter claiming the same with Cahill but he says Rodwell is more likely to feature then Coleman, however both could still miss out. I'm guessing you have different sources regarding Coleman and Rodwell. But thanks for the news on Cahill.

I'm mainly worried about set pieces for the Everton game so I'm pleased that Cahill, Fellaini and Saha are out.

Getting anything out of this game would be great but I've got a feeling we are going to win this.

Young, Downing and Bent are on a high and should really perform against Everton. Jagielka looked very very dodgy against Ghana, certainly not as good as I thought he was. He either just has bad England games or is in bad form at the moment. I hope we can take advantage of his poor performances and low confidence.

Agreed with HolteEndRob and roadoftrinity with line up:

................Friedel....................

Cueller..Collins..Dunne..L.Young

.....................NRC......................

........Makoun..........Delph..........

A.Young.......................Downing

...................Bent.......................

The away support will be fantastic as always, I think it'll be tight, we won't keep a clean sheet but we'll defend like lions and will nick it 2-1 with a thumping collins header being the winner for us late on!

We can do this and I think we'll also stay up.