Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

After noting Everton's injury list we should come away with at least a point but thats based on our players being played in their right positions and not approaching the game with a dose of the relegation scoots.

If Everton score first then we will lose.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to be popular but if Walker is injured, move L.Young to right back and bring back Warnock. Gives a better shape to the team plus experiance, which is vital in our position. Dont think for a minute it will happen but i'd love Warnock to be given another chance, he looked really good last season. Shame Houllier appears to be so stubborn.

Friedel

L.Young Cuellar Collins Warnock

Reo-Coker Makoun Delph

Downing Bent Young

Use Albrighton as an impact sub and pray that Pires' chaffeur is ill that day!

**** it lets go out and attack them. Scare them with speed.

Hopefully walker will be back.

----------Friedel-----------

Walker--Collins--Cuellar---L.Young

Downing-Reo Coker--Makoun---A-Young

-------Bent-------Agbonlahor-----------

Friedel

Walker Cuellar Collins Young

Makoun Petrov Reo Coker

Young Bent Downing

On paper a team that should be a match for anyone in the premiership, never mind fighting relegation.

Not sure but I have a feeling Houllier might revert to 4-4-2

Walker Cuellar Dunne L. Young

Young Makoun NRC Downing

Gabby Bent

If Walker is not good to go switch Luke to RB and bring Delph in at LB. If the two of Dunne and Collins are fit, I would take Dunne, out of the two he has been the less poor so far this season. Having said all this it will probably be the standard 4-4-1-1 business. :winkold:

I pray we will win 2-0 but I'm not feeling confident at all... With all their injurys the players that come in will want to make an impression and will have FAR more fight in them than we will... Sad but very true.

I pray we will win 2-0 but I'm not feeling confident at all... With all their injurys the players that come in will want to make an impression and will have FAR more fight in them than we will... Sad but very true.

That's the thing. We don't have any players to come in for them, only kids :lol:

That's the thing. We don't have any players to come in for them, only kids :lol:

Which players are defo out from your team Artetagirl?

sorry just saw your earlier post, will you be at the game ag?

Which players are defo out from your team Artetagirl?

Definitely out that I know for certain: Fellaini, Arteta and Baxter. Not heard anything official on Saha or Rodwell, other than papers saying they're out for the season. I think it's safe to say they're out though. Cahill and Coleman pulled out of international squads through injury but Cahill has been playing with his for a while (it's called Plantar Fasciitis if you really wanted to know..). Anichebe has been carrying and injury but played for Nigeria on Tuesday. Yakubu, Yobo, Duffy, Vaughan + 4 others are out on loan.

Yeah, I'm going sgc.

Saha is out according to Liverpool Daily Post. Rodwell haven't seen that one. However let's not get too overly positive due to them having a load of players. For one they have possibly one of the most settled back 4's in this league.

Howard

Hibbert

Distin

Jagielka

Baines

Osman

Neville

Heitinga

Russian Chap

Beckford

Cahill

Still wouldn't expect a win against that team.

Saha is out according to Liverpool Daily Post. Rodwell haven't seen that one. However let's not get too overly positive due to them having a load of players. For one they have possibly one of the most settled back 4's in this league.

Howard

Hibbert

Distin

Jagielka

Baines

Osman

Neville

Heitinga

Russian Chap

Beckford

Cahill

Still wouldn't expect a win against that team.

Yes. Terrifying CM of Heitinga, Neville and Cahill. I know Cahill is a goal threat but don't see much other contribution. Most of the Everton fans don't rate Billy Russian. Osman is decent player but not at the level of our wide players IMO. And Bent is significantly better than Beckford.

So whilst you are right to highlight the strength of their back 5, with the possible exception of Hibbert who I have always viewed as their weak link, I think our front 6 are a lot better than theirs, given their injury position.

As I mentioned in another thread - the defence needs to go back to basics, we need some height at the back and then maybe we'd stop conceding so many goals from set pieces. For that reason I'd back Cuellar Collins Dunne Young. I'd even be tempted to put Walker on the wing if he is fit. We need to make ourselves hard to beat again, not attacking from the full back positions which more often than not leads to nothing up front. THe team has been far too lightweight.