Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Really must get a point, going to be a tough battle but a point would be a great result in my opinion especially with the teams around/below us having difficult fixtures.

Friedel

Walker Cuellar Collins L.Young

Downing Reo-Coker Delph Young

Heskey Bent.

For me anyway. Only decisions for me are...

Dunne or Collins - went for Collins as better in the air than Dunne for me.

Delph, Makoun, Petrov - went for Delph, although don't mind any really.

Heskey or Gabby - Heskey will bring best out of Bent for me and with the delivery form wide, more of a threat arielly.

Prediction: 1-1 or 2-1 Everton.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need 3 points ffs. What's up with this mindset about 1 point? That's probably Houllier's way of negative thinking.

Did McCarthy have that mindset against us? No he didn't. His team played us off the park and Wolves hasn't defeated us there since 1980.

Our team should be capable of beating anyone with the right management, which we saw with our previous manager. If you think Houllier can't do that then why is he still our manager? Ask yourself that.

We need more wins to be safe not risk playing for a point then losing. Go all out for the win, lets support the players on the pitch, we can voice our opinions towards GH before and after but for the 90 minutes of the game we need to raise the roof.

I'd snap your hand off for a point here. Having watched Everton yesterday they are everything we hate, good in the air and powerful. Our 1-0 victory earlier in the season was one of the biggest footballing muggings I've seen.

We need bannan back and to go tippy tappy to stand a chance.

Really must get a point, going to be a tough battle but a point would be a great result in my opinion especially with the teams around/below us having difficult fixtures.

Friedel

Walker Cuellar Collins L.Young

Downing Reo-Coker Delph Young

Heskey Bent.

For me anyway. Only decisions for me are...

Dunne or Collins - went for Collins as better in the air than Dunne for me.

Delph, Makoun, Petrov - went for Delph, although don't mind any really.

Heskey or Gabby - Heskey will bring best out of Bent for me and with the delivery form wide, more of a threat arielly.

Prediction: 1-1 or 2-1 Everton.

Substitute Delph for Makoun and Gabby for Heskey then your there mate. Gabby in a front two with Bent will give Moyes something to think about.

Can see nothing but a defeat for us if GH is still in charge though!

Usually I'd be excited about another Villa away day, particularly as Everton is one of my favourite trips. But now i'm focussed on one thing and one thing only - we MUST get three points. Don't care how, we must win!

I'll run on the pitch myself if I have to and bury the ball. Although, having watched Villa for so long, I'll probably miss!

Erm. I guess I'd go:

------------------Freidel-------------------

Walker----Dunne----Collins------Clarke (Cuellar for Dunne if he's not fit)

----------Reo Coker---Delph------------

Downing----------------------------Young

---------Agbonlahor----Bent------------

Or a 4-5-1 of

------------------Freidel-------------------

Walker----Dunne----Collins------Clarke (as above for Dunne/Cuellar)

------Reo Coker---Delph---Makoun---

Downing---------------------------Young

---------------Agbonlahor----------------

We need a lot of graft to match them in the middle and some sort of threat on the break.

We need 3 points ffs. What's up with this mindset about 1 point? That's probably Houllier's way of negative thinking.

Did McCarthy have that mindset against us? No he didn't. His team played us off the park and Wolves hasn't defeated us there since 1980.

Our team should be capable of beating anyone with the right management, which we saw with our previous manager. If you think Houllier can't do that then why is he still our manager? Ask yourself that.

I think thats what we have been asking ourselves, i dont think he is capable of setting up the team to win, and if we do somehow get a result it wont be down to that mug.

Everton will win by at least 2, we are crap.

I'd snap your hand off for a point here. Having watched Everton yesterday they are everything we hate, good in the air and powerful. Our 1-0 victory earlier in the season was one of the biggest footballing muggings I've seen.We need bannan back and to go tippy tappy to stand a chance.

Agreed. We were awfull that day and robbed the victory with the early goal. We were just lucky that Everton were still asleep as they tend to do for the first few months of a new season. We gave them enough opportunities with sloppy defending.

I always fear Everton because there situation in terms of sqaud size, opportunity and budget is so similar to ours. Our games with them can always go either way and they certainley are awake now !

Fellaini and Arteta will be out. Saha is probably out and Cahill will likely be 50/50.

Assuming they are all out I suspect the team will be

Howard

Hibbert

Jagielka

Distin

Baines

Coleman

Heitinga

Rodwell

Neville

Osman

Beckford

But who knows! Bilyaletdinov or Anichebe may play too. Your guess is as good as mine :)

Likely we'll have some injuries come end of international break too, its pretty much the norm nowadays :cry:

I fully expect us to go to Everton and win, whilst everyone around us loses their matches. Full of confidence we'll head into the Newcastle game, expecting to pull further away from danger, only for us to lose whilst everyone else around us wins, putting us firmly back in the shite! And thats me being optimistic.

In all seriousness, we need three points here, it probably wont happen, but stranger things have happened. Hopefully the players now realise the situation they now find themselves in, whilst trying their best to ignore it before. If Cahill was to be out, that would be a massive boost for us, if he's playing I expect him to score 7 with his head.