Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have this feeling that if Houllier does go, he will still have some kind of imput on the next appointment or advisory kind of role..I cant see him naming Hughes.

I think he will want to protect what he has started which includes Makoun and Duverne...Just cant see him abandoning them..

I was thinking about MON earlier, we would be perfect for him.....top 10 looking to push on with cash to spend - he was stupid walking away really, won't get a better job imo. Too much bad blood between parties now though, time for a fresh start with someone else.

Just put £5 on Deschamps for next manager..Managed to get 80/1

elvis turning up at VP with Lord Lucan in tow leading shergar to graze on the VP pitch has more chance of happening than Deschamps getting the job

Hey you never know :winkold:

Who guessed at Houllier when MON walked??

So it's all your fault then you bugger!! :lol:

I'd be ok with Hughes. Ancelotti too.

Just put £5 on Deschamps for next manager..Managed to get 80/1

elvis turning up at VP with Lord Lucan in tow leading shergar to graze on the VP pitch has more chance of happening than Deschamps getting the job

Hey you never know :winkold:

Who guessed at Houllier when MON walked??

TheTrees and Gazton worked it out.

New poll would make sense as its looking more and more likely that the votes for either of the 2 Houllier options need to be redistributed.

Poll Poll Poll!

I think its a prime possition, to be Villa manager.

Benitez obviously has A.Madrid on hold.

Deschamps has Roma on hold.

Ancelotti is tight lipped on where he is going..

They all may want this job...Its no secret on the board being good to their managers..Look at all the Houllier out stuff, yet they stood by their man..Its a very strong possition in a very good league..

I think its a prime possition, to be Villa manager.

Benitez obviously has A.Madrid on hold.

Deschamps has Roma on hold.

Ancelotti is tight lipped on where he is going..

They all may want this job...Its no secret on the board being good to their managers..Look at all the Houllier out stuff, yet they stood by their man..Its a very strong possition in a very good league..

good points, and you may well be right.

Aston Villa will be a pretty good prospect for most managers (outside the top top level).

We can do better than Mark Hughes - ask City fans what they think about him! Defiantly a mid-table appointment, can't imagine he can attract big names either. We wouldn't get relegated but you can forget Champions League.

Why would people be happy with Hughes? All old men who used to watch him as a player and think that makes a good manager? "Sparky" *cringe*

New poll would make sense as its looking more and more likely that the votes for either of the 2 Houllier options need to be redistributed.

Poll Poll Poll!

Not while he remains in post they don't, as yet its only rumour.

TheTrees and Gazton worked it out.

Yes, I remember TheTrees being particularly sure at one point...so sure he said he was going to put all his money in his betting account.

Both his and my bank balance were healthier after that 8)

Why would people be happy with Hughes? All old men who used to watch him as a player and think that makes a good manager?
As opposed to young men who know **** all.

All old men who used to watch him as a player and think that makes a good manager? "Sparky" *cringe*

Wow, I didnt know that someone who watched Mark Hughes play is to be considered an old man :shock:

We can do better than Mark Hughes - ask City fans what they think about him! Defiantly a mid-table appointment, can't imagine he can attract big names either. We wouldn't get relegated but you can forget Champions League.

Why would people be happy with Hughes? All old men who used to watch him as a player and think that makes a good manager? "Sparky" *cringe*

Got Samba for £400,000 and look at how good he is now.

Lead Fulham to their second highest finish in the Premier League with the 4th best defence.

Most crucial is he will bring stability which is what we need after the last 12 months, He like Moyes will go straight in and will not need to waste time getting settled in.

What do you think of Moyes?