Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

If it is Hughes then there is a good chance both Ireland and Warnock ( who Hughes signed for Blackburn ) would come back in to the first team fold.
Another reason why I don't want Hughes.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Hughes has brought some great players during his time in management and not just the likes of Tevez, Barry, De Jong and Adebayor at Man City.

He brought Christopher Samba for £400,000 and Ryan Nelson on a free transfer also signing Dembele and at Salcido Fulham

Former favourite Vincenzo Montella guided the club to the Serie A finish line and remains a candidate for the full time role along with Luis Enrique and Stefano Pioli.

Pioli left Chievo by mutual consent on Thursday, having previously said he was flattered by reports of interest by Roma, who have been taken over by an American consortium.

Former Spain midfielder Luis Enrique, who has just left as Barcelona B coach, has been reported in the media as being on the verge of joining Roma while Deschamps has indicated he may leave France.

"I'm obviously reflecting and I'm waiting to see a project. It will not be a financial decision because it is not a driving force or decisive for me," said former Juventus midfielder Deschamps.

Roma finished a disappointing campaign in sixth position in Serie A and will participate in the Europa League next season.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6957496,00.html

Clutching at straws mate. Mourinho and Guardiola MAY both be leaving Spain next year but you won't see them rolling up at B6.

Former favourite Vincenzo Montella guided the club to the Serie A finish line and remains a candidate for the full time role along with Luis Enrique and Stefano Pioli.

Pioli left Chievo by mutual consent on Thursday, having previously said he was flattered by reports of interest by Roma, who have been taken over by an American consortium.

Former Spain midfielder Luis Enrique, who has just left as Barcelona B coach, has been reported in the media as being on the verge of joining Roma while Deschamps has indicated he may leave France.

"I'm obviously reflecting and I'm waiting to see a project. It will not be a financial decision because it is not a driving force or decisive for me," said former Juventus midfielder Deschamps.

Roma finished a disappointing campaign in sixth position in Serie A and will participate in the Europa League next season.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6957496,00.html

Clutching at straws mate. Mourinho and Guardiola MAY both be leaving Spain next year but you won't see them rolling up at B6.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/summer-move-to-england-on-cards-for-deschamps-2265347.html

If it is Hughes then there is a good chance both Ireland and Warnock ( who Hughes signed for Blackburn ) would come back in to the first team fold.

Well if he somehow managed to get Ireland playing like he did 2 seasons ago - that would be a good thing wouldn't it?

I'm on the fence in regards to Hughes.

I think he didn't do that bad at Man City - they were 5th when was sacked and still finished 5th that season under Mancini.

They were also very good to watch under him.

Hes done well at Fulham , Blackburn .

Whether hes the best option for us i dnno / doubt.

Would like Ancelotti but probably not possible etc

Well if he somehow managed to get Ireland playing like he did 2 seasons ago - that would be a good thing wouldn't it?

It would but I doubt he will. Ireland has got a really bad attitude and work ethic. Really not the kind of player we want at the club.

It's interesting that no one at all seems to be talking about Jol but:

a) He is second in the poll (if you discount a continuation of Houllier) and

B) Last year everyone was raving about how he must be the next manager and bombarding The General telling him Jol was the only man for the job

Personally I think Hughes is the very best we could get. He has won nothing but unless you have already managed one of the very top clubs it is highly unlikely you will have won anything. If you have managed one of the top teams you will not manage Aston Villa unless (like Houllier) you are really at the end of your career and can't get a top job any longer so you lower your sights a little. It hurts to hear it but we are simply not a draw for a really top manager.

Hughes has done a very good job everywhere he has been but has not been long enough in the saddle at a big club to see if he could push them on.

He could be the next great manager in the making and winning a couple of trophies with us may be the way he proves that. or he could be a boring crap manager but as Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho, Pep Guardiola or Guus Hiddink will not ever. ever come here until you don't want them maybe we should get the best we can

Pretty much everyone thought Man City got rid of him too quickly and they can't all be wrong.

Sven Goran Eriksson anyone? He's won 17 major trophies as a manager apparently.

Another reason why I want Hughes.

But it's definitely not guaranteed that Ireland would actually come good and Warnock's been shit for ages.

I like Hughes and would be fully behind the appointment.

Same, not my ideal appointment but he hasn't really done a bad job so far in his management career.

He's a bit of a dick a times, but if he came to us he'd be our dick.

But it's definitely not guaranteed that Ireland would actually come good and Warnock's been shit for ages.

Well considering how much work/money is needed elsewhere in the squad personally I'd be delighted if our new manager whoever it might be is able to get the best out of Warnock and Ireland.

It has to be better than pissing away even more money by letting them go for peanuts like we've done with the likes of Curtis Davies.

Hughes will give us stability which is something we need, after the last 12 months.

Also under him Fulham finished 8th their second highest finish ever and had the 4th best defence in the league, ok they did not score that many and they drew a lot of games but they do not have the attacking threat that we do.

Yeah but at least he would try.

It's better than just leaving them in the reserves.

I'd be devastated if ANY manager came in and gave ireland or warnock another 'chance'

Neither deserve to even be on the payroll still.

This.

On the Mark Hughes front, I'm not a fan and I hope it's not him we appoint.

If indeed it is him I hope he proves me wrong.

As I've said before regardless of who the manager both Warnock and Ireland should be sold asap.. even if they start turning out good performances i'd still want them both gone, I won't forget the amount of times Warnock has given away free kicks near dangerous areas and I certainly won't forget Ireland's "it's the managers fault" attitude either excuse.. sell them both.. for me Bannan is ahead of Ireland and that's how it should be.. Bannan atleast offers something and seems to have the right attitude.

For once, I actually agree with Mantis.

I mean bloody hell, doesn't anyone think we could do better than Hughes? Have we really gone so low that fans would be happy with this appointment? Why would anyone pick him over Martin Jol who is equally obtainable?

Well considering how much work/money is needed elsewhere in the squad personally I'd be delighted if our new manager whoever it might be is able to get the best out of Warnock and Ireland.

It has to be better than pissing away even more money by letting them go for peanuts like we've done with the likes of Curtis Davies.

How much is Ireland on again? Them simply being here are wasting us money. Ideally we'll be able to ship them out and get in good replacements with cheaper wages who aren't cocks.