Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Both fullbacks are cack but Warnock has the ocassional good game and puts in some decent last minute tackles at times. Hutton? I honestly don't see what he does, he's crap going forward and rubbish defensively. Looks pissed most of the time to me !

sums it up for me, hutton has been terrible, really terrible

warnock has been equally as poor but every now and then he does something decent, almost like a cruel trick into making me think he will become good again.

i fall for it every time.

nzogbia has also been very poor with the odd bit of good play, i couldnt care less who signed anyone, if they are good then they are good, if they play shite then they play shite.

collins does some good last ditch challenges, but he is so poor positionally it is not worth playing him as his bad points far outweigh his good points.

he had a good season when cuellar played right back, since then he has been at best hit and miss.

but collins still is 1st choice, apart from when he tells the manager he will be torn apart by another team and then cuellar is dumped into the team.

i would rather play cuellar at right back and no hutton, he has been that bad.

put clark in the middle of defence with dunne

and then maybe warnock would be a little less shit?

it doesnt help that there appears no thought about who is played in the middle of the park because the plan normally involves avoiding midfield in 1 large kick

hutton cost spurz £8 million or something llike that didnt he?

and we still paid £3.5 million

crazy money for a below average right back

Lets just wait shall we !

Stan Petrov was crap for near on 18 months before he came good.

I remember the expression "having a Ugo"

In fact, I remember Gareth Barry being hailed as "too slow to be anything other than a mediocre player" on here less than 4 yrs ago.

He hasn't been good, thats quite apparent. But neither were Downing and Young in their first seasons with the club.

I have seen a lot of improvement since mid December, he was exceptional until his head went against Arsenal at home and over the past 6 games, he has probably been at fault for one goal (maybe two) being harsh

I agree, in August and September I thought I could have played right back better than him - but I am willing to give credit where it is due, and he is gradually getting there in my eyes.

And as I said, he has NEVER had a settled guy to play with on the right side - in the past few weeks alone he has had Ireland, Gabby, Alby, NZog, Bannan and been played in midfield himself !!! that cant help the guy

I remember him being pretty decent going forward (still a shitty defender) for Spurs last year. But this year, good grief. I find myself yelling at the screen every time he gets possession to just give up the ball...give it to Collins if you have to. Don't even get me started on his defending.

I have seen a lot of improvement since mid December, he was exceptional until his head went against Arsenal at home and over the past 6 games, he has probably been at fault for one goal (maybe two) being harsh

I agree, in August and September I thought I could have played right back better than him - but I am willing to give credit where it is due, and he is gradually getting there in my eyes.

I've seen every Villa game he's played bar one and i don't share your optimism. I agree he's been exceptional - at passing sideways or backwards.

I've never rated him although I'm happily eat humble pie if i'm proven wrong.

I can recommend a good optician though.

Warnock was bought by a different manager but still receives the same amount of stick it has nothing to do with the manager they are both rubbish players signed for a ridiculous amount of money

when Warnock had a poor run of form under MON nothing was said

Stan Petrov was crap for near on 18 months before he came good.

I remember the expression "having a Ugo"

In fact, I remember Gareth Barry being hailed as "too slow to be anything other than a mediocre player" on here less than 4 yrs ago.

He hasn't been good, thats quite apparent. But neither were Downing and Young in their first seasons with the club.

And as I said, he has NEVER had a settled guy to play with on the right side - in the past few weeks alone he has had Ireland, Gabby, Alby, NZog, Bannan and been played in midfield himself !!! that cant help the guy

petrov had one of the best indiviual performances i have witnessed in a villa shirt on his debut v wet spam , ok it wasnt as good as merson or carbone v leeds or spink v bayern munich but it was still up there.

but your right, he turned from ace player to poo almost over night, however it was also his first season in the premier league having been playing in the special brew premier league in skotchland.

barry was a youngster, he was played at left back, then on the left in a row of 3 centre halves and was then dropped before finding himself being played left midfield thanks to an injury crisis, he did so well he stayed there and developed into a centre midfielder

downing was injured for 3/4 of the season and the games he played were to try and get his fitness back

young was an instant hit, teaming up with an other instant hit in john carew and also in gabby

hutton is not a young player, has not come up from a lower league, has not just come back from a major career threatening injury or has just arrived from skotchland.

he came from another premier league team at the age of 26, he has had the last 3 years before signing with us to adapt to the premier league, infact he has now been in the premier league 4 years as of 26th jan 2012.

he has been poor, i honestly have to wonder how people come to conclusions, you say you think he has been exeptional since mid december, when we played

Premier League Su 18Dec 2011 Aston Villa 0 - 2 Liverpool

Premier League We 21Dec 2011 Aston Villa 1 - 2 Arsenal

Premier League Mo 26Dec 2011 Stoke 0 - 0 Aston Villa didnt play

Premier League Sa 31Dec 2011 Chelsea 1 - 3 Aston Villa didnt play

Premier League Mo 02Jan 2012 Aston Villa 0 - 2 Swansea came on after 55 mins when cuellar was injured

English FA Cup Sa 07Jan 2012 Bristol R 1 - 3 Aston Villa

Premier League Sa 14Jan 2012 Aston Villa 1 - 1 Everton

Premier League Sa 21Jan 2012 Wolves 2 - 3 Aston Villa

English FA Cup Su 29Jan 2012 Arsenal 3 - 2 Aston Villa

im not seeing much to shout about, our best result and he wasnt on the pitch.

i wont mock your opinion of him but i honestly cant see quite how you have come to those conclusions, for me he has been at best average supporting the right side in attack and shocking at defending on the right side.

now i will say that sometimes certain players dont suit certain clubs for what ever reason, look at keane going to plop, £18 million and 6 months later back at spurz for 12 or 8 or what ever it was.

but so far hutton has for want of a better description, been dog dirt

Warnock was bought by a different manager but still receives the same amount of stick it has nothing to do with the manager they are both rubbish players signed for a ridiculous amount of money

Speak for yerself!

petrov had one of the best indiviual performances i have witnessed in a villa shirt on his debut v wet spam , ok it wasnt as good as merson or carbone v leeds or spink v bayern munich but it was still up there.

Spink's debut was against Nottingham Forest

young was an instant hit, teaming up with an other instant hit in john carew and also in gabby

Potential misuse of the word 'instant'? Young and Carew were signed 5 months apart.

now i will say that sometimes certain players dont suit certain clubs for what ever reason, look at keane going to plop, £18 million and 6 months later back at spurz for 12 or 8 or what ever it was.

You will probably find that was the closest there has ever been to a repossession in the Premier League.

but so far hutton has for want of a better description, been dog dirt

In the main, i would agree.

i never said it wasnt , i was clearly talking about individual performances from players and mentioned petrovs debut as one of the best individual performces i had seen.

Potential misuse of the word 'instant'? Young and Carew were signed 5 months apart.

oh dear, if by 5 months you mean 1 day apart then yes you are right

Stiliyan Petrov Celtic £6,500,000 30 Aug, 2006

Didier Agathe Celtic Signed 12 Sep, 2006

Chris Sutton Birmingham Free 03 Oct, 2006

John Carew Lyon Swap 22 Jan, 2007

Ashley Young Watford £9,650,000 23 Jan, 2007 Shaun Maloney Celtic £1,000,000 31 Jan, 2007

Nigel Reo-Coker West Ham £7,500,000 05 Jul, 2007

Just looking at Sun Fantasy League transfers and noticed Hutton is on -5 points for the season. Quite an impressive tally considering he has been virtually ever present.

Never realised the scoring system so accurately represents a players worth.

thats because we were in a decent position haha.

i never said it wasnt , i was clearly talking about individual performances from players and mentioned petrovs debut as one of the best individual performces i had seen.

Ashley Young Watford £9,650,000 23 Jan, 2007 Shaun Maloney Celtic £1,000,000 31 Jan, 2007

There you go, the memory isn't what it was! I remember beating the media to the Carew gen and thought that was the biggest signing of the window-clearly not :D

There you go, the memory isn't what it was! I remember beating the media to the Carew gen and thought that was the biggest signing of the window-clearly not :D

Carew and Young made their debuts at Newcastle where we played really well and somehow lost 3-1.

OT, Hutton is shite.

Â