Dogs...

jonno_2004

Dogs?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Dogs?

• Love them
    • Hate them

Basically he's a horrid neighbour who hates our dog, because our dog barks at him as he walks past.

Someone had accidentally left our gate open and he ran out to have a wee on a tree, next minute he sees this guy and his dog so trots over to check them out. His dog is a horrid little yappy dog don't even know what breed. So the dogs start barking at each other and then my dad sees it happening so says don't move i'll come and get him, he's fine. He's not going to bite you.(He's not an aggressive dog at all - he's a labrador for gods sake!)

This guy takes no notice and kicks him hard in the stomach. So my dad starts to run over and the guy kicks him again hard in the stomach (The dogs reaction to this was shock more than anything, he's a strong dog. but didn't react angrily to the kicking) and just before he was about to kick him for a 3rd time my dad ran over to him and smacked him one, right on the nose. Blood everywhere. This guys like i'm calling the police. Sure enough about 20 minutes later the police take my dad to the station and interview him. The police are refusing to go any further with it though because my dad used "reasonable force". 

We took him to the vets after to get him checked out for any cracked ribs or internal bleeding but he was fine. RSPCA are coming to talk to us soon to see if we can get them to prosecute the man. For all we know he could do something to our dogs again (put some poisonous food over our fence etc..) or he could be kicking his own dog behind closed doors you never know. It's just absolutely sick. 

Basically he's a horrid neighbour who hates our dog, because our dog barks at him as he walks past.

Someone had accidentally left our gate open and he ran out to have a wee on a tree, next minute he sees this guy and his dog so trots over to check them out. His dog is a horrid little yappy dog don't even know what breed. So the dogs start barking at each other and then my dad sees it happening so says don't move i'll come and get him, he's fine. He's not going to bite you.(He's not an aggressive dog at all - he's a labrador for gods sake!)

This guy takes no notice and kicks him hard in the stomach. So my dad starts to run over and the guy kicks him again hard in the stomach (The dogs reaction to this was shock more than anything, he's a strong dog. but didn't react angrily to the kicking) and just before he was about to kick him for a 3rd time my dad ran over to him and smacked him one, right on the nose. Blood everywhere. This guys like i'm calling the police. Sure enough about 20 minutes later the police take my dad to the station and interview him. The police are refusing to go any further with it though because my dad used "reasonable force". 

We took him to the vets after to get him checked out for any cracked ribs or internal bleeding but he was fine. RSPCA are coming to talk to us soon to see if we can get them to prosecute the man. For all we know he could do something to our dogs again (put some poisonous food over our fence etc..) or he could be kicking his own dog behind closed doors you never know. It's just absolutely sick.

what a prick, fair play to your dad, the bloke deserves to be in hospital with a smashed up jaw eating threw a straw

Fair play to your Dad, KjParton. As Richard said, animal cruelty is vile behaviour. 

I'd love a dog but I work too long hours so it wouldn't be fair. 

Love Dogs 

Hate some of the macho owners of bull mastiffs etc. I want to relax when walking the dog, not have some loaded weapon which could go off at any time.

Far to much untidied dog poop around - FFS is a small price to quickly scoop it up

• Like 1

Too right Smetrov. You can get a pack of 100 or even 200 poop bags from the poundshop and still some people can't be arsed. This is why dogs are banned from some parks and beaches. Pains in the arse.

If you can't pick up your dog's crap, don't have a dog, simple as.

• 2 weeks later...

Love Dogs 

Hate some of the macho owners of bull mastiffs etc. I want to relax when walking the dog, not have some loaded weapon which could go off at any time.

Far to much untidied dog poop around - FFS is a small price to quickly scoop it up

It takes two seconds and if your feeding your dog right it wont be like a night on the curry.

It is simple, dont want to pick up shit dont have a dog.

Surprise surprise its the chavs that dont pick up their dog shit.

Edited by VillaForever1970

My baby don't shit on walks she only does it in our back garden, thinking about getting another dog in the next couple of months but not sure what breed, got a blue staffy at the moment, she's an absolute credit to her breed, soft as shit, she's great with kids and other dogs and even tolerates the cat, one of the main reasons why we want another is because she loves other dogs so much,

I've said it before. Poor old Staffies have a serious image problem because of the stereotypical knobends that parade them like a macho status symbol on the streets. Thankfully we don't have that 'scene' over here in Ireland. Staffies, and my personal favourite the English Bull terrier, are utterly fantastic dogs with a great temperament that love children, love other dogs and are not in any way territorial (in fact the more the merrier is their attitude). Their only issue is that during play time (which is all waking hours) they sometimes forget their own weight/strength but that just means they bundle you over.

• Like 1

I've said it before. Poor old Staffies have a serious image problem because of the stereotypical knobends that parade them like a macho status symbol on the streets. Thankfully we don't have that 'scene' over here in Ireland. Staffies, and my personal favourite the English Bull terrier, are utterly fantastic dogs with a great temperament that love children, love other dogs and are not in any way territorial (in fact the more the merrier is their attitude). Their only issue is that during play time (which is all waking hours) they sometimes forget their own weight/strength but that just means they bundle you over.

bundle you over and lick you to death haha,

Great post - I grew up with an English bull terrier, softest dog I've ever known and it was a privilege to have that during my childhood. Now currently spending as much time as we can with the missus' 3 staffies - all incredibly loyal and soft animals.

Special mention to the coppers above too - wouldn't have been surprised to see the fella charged with assault given the reputation of English police nowadays.

• 2 months later...

Dogs are freakin' awesome.

457904_159445827509877_441746599_o.jpg

Poor old Jack now chasing birds in the sky.

457423_159445380843255_1870719094_o.jpg

Charlie - his brother.  Still going strong well into his 80's.  He loves to play, never has a grumble and is frankly, a genius. 

• Like 2

Â