Dogs...

jonno_2004

Dogs?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Dogs?

• Love them
    • Hate them

Came across a series of photographs today where dogs are merged with their owner.

DDID will be consulting his lawyers as we speak.

• Like 2

I have a cocker spaniel, toy poodle cross. Fantastic dog, intelligent, curious and doesn't shed .

A Cockerpoo then

I've got a Cockerpoo.

Quite simply the greatest dog I could hope for.

I have a cocker spaniel, toy poodle cross. Fantastic dog, intelligent, curious and doesn't shed .

A Cockerpoo then

Yes it's one of those. Chocolate brown colour.

Would also recommend labradoodle , full of character

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Me and the missus are considering a Golden Retriever.. I've heard they're one of the best dogs for having with kids around

Anyone on here have/had one? Easy to train? Able to be left alone for around 5 hours in the week?

Me and the missus are considering a Golden Retriever.. I've heard they're one of the best dogs for having with kids around

Anyone on here have/had one? Easy to train? Able to be left alone for around 5 hours in the week?

We've got two retrievers, they're brilliant pets, and great with the kids.  Our two are getting on a bit now, so once they've had a walk in the morning they tend to sleep all day, but 5 hours would be quite a while to leave a younger dog or puppy.  They'd get bored and chew your house to pieces.  We didn't train ours at all, but they're incredibly quick to house train.

Nice dogs, great temperament, but they can be a tad more highly strung than a labrador.

As you say, like all retrievers, great with kids.

I'd get a dog crate for those 5 hour stretches. Get him trained in them early on, even when you're home.

Of course, but if you have to leave him for 5 hours...you might as well get the dog comfortable in a crate, as opposed to anxious and tearing your furniture apart.

5hrs is too long for a puppy, need to be 6 months minimum crate training before even considering that.

Perhaps a dog walker mid way through?

Puppy's are extremely hard work, think your prepared and done research, your not. If you've never brought up a puppy before then nothing can prepare you! :)

I thought it would be best to do it early on (leaving him alone) than to do it when he's already in a routine. I was thinking something like me and the missus taking 2 weeks off each over 4 weeks, and gradually getting longer leaving the dog alone.

Yes Rob, that was the only thing I was worried about, the hair getting everywhere. Maybe a Lab would be better? Golden's just look so cool and look like being your best bud for life :(

My mate and his girlfriend who live together are looking for a dog at the moment.

They both leave the house at 7 in the morning and are quite often not back until 7 at night.

I'm desperately trying to convince them that getting a dog just doesn't make sense with that sort of schedule! Think I'm just coming off as jealous though

I thought it would be best to do it early on (leaving him alone) than to do it when he's already in a routine. I was thinking something like me and the missus taking 2 weeks off each over 4 weeks, and gradually getting longer leaving the dog alone.

Yes Rob, that was the only thing I was worried about, the hair getting everywhere. Maybe a Lab would be better? Golden's just look so cool and look like being your best bud for life :(

Labradors are worse - we've got one.

I spend most of my **** life vacuuming dog hairs up. They just never stop falling out. Even the excellent "furminator" brush only helps minimally.

• Like 1

Â