Dogs...

jonno_2004

Dogs?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Dogs?

• Love them
    • Hate them

Mum of four who was also pregnant killed by her partners two pitbull's at her family home in leeds. Reports are suggesting though that one of the dogs was a staffy. Apparantly everyone who knew them are shocked as the two dogs were soft as shit and were very loving. Terrible situation

My Border Collie is only 3 and she's developed lameness in her back left leg. I think this might be an expensive one. She's not a working collie, her parents were, but she gets loads of exercise, having been up snowdon and Ben Nevis 18 times between them last summer. Not to mention all the beach walks. I should have insured her.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

a quick question for BOF, you live in Ireland yeah? if so just wondered if you come across many dogo's (dogo argentino) as I think ive read their legal in Ireland. certain dog breeds have been getting bad press again lately and ive always known the dogo is banned in this country but cant for the life of me understand why. only thing I can put it down to is that some people in authority might compare it to a pit bull type dog plus its used to hunt big game in argentina and other countries. by all accounts its a pretty even tempered dog and does well with other dogs and children. don't seem to hear of many attacks in the world although you will have some bad apples as you do with every breed. ive always been in love with the dogo with its majestic appearance. dog like that needs to be worked properly I suppose as its a working dog

• 5 months later...

The woman suffered from epilepsy and it always freaked the dogs out when she had a fit. It seems she had a fit while she was alone with the dogs and the dogs attacked her. If that was the case she should never of been left alone with them

Strange that some breeds are helpful in that situation and actually used to alert people to an oncoming seizure. I think because Pit Bulls have been bred to increase their ferocity, many of them can "switch", even if they are raised and trained properly and seem normal over a long stretch of time. Too much irresponsible breeding. Back in the day, it was Doberman's, but that viciousness has been largely bred out of them.

just wondered if anyone else owns a staffy? why do they make the most daftest noises ever, all the staffys ive ever known make them and it cracks me

I have a beagle and they make proper odd noises also, I think they have 3 voices (One for work (hunting),  normal voice (bark) and some weird Yelp type thing)

I have a basset hound, had her since about 12 weeks and now 11 years old. She snores like you wouldn't believe. We can hear her snoring at night in the kitchen from the bedroom.

one of my favourite dogs, a bloke who takes his dogs where i take mine has 6 basset hounds.

I think there should be a "Hate Small Dogs" option. Ok, maybe a "Hate Small Dogs Except Jack Russell Terriers" option. 

I think there should be a "I don't hate dogs but they really are hair-shedding, noisy shit machines" option.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

We lost our faithful, fun loving Labrador a couple of months back after she suffered a tumour on her liver. It was an absolutely heartbreaking time for the family and she left behind a gaping hole in our lives, especially now our sons have left home.

So........................

As we couldn't stand it any longer we decided there was only one solution, so meet Flo, our new baby. We're picking her up next weekend. Wish us luck!!

DSC_1145_zpszqmizc7k.jpg

What a sweetheart

Â