Dogs...

jonno_2004

Dogs?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Dogs?

• Love them
    • Hate them

5410515303_a9f6f05c6f.jpg

Two of the working dogs we have at a few weeks old last summer. Getting them to sit still for long enough was a nightmare.

Sweet lord they are adorable!!!!!!!!

I don't know how people can hate dogs. I want to cuddle them!

Dogs aplenty!

5410690735_8e1c05f927.jpg5410685695_ef08b9f0b4.jpg

Springer Spaniel.

Got a good story about a dog, my dad's family had an Alsatian when he was a kid, went out to a fancy dress party, came back (smelling of alcohol) the dog didn't recognise him and refuse to let him in" :D

It's a springer spaniel I believe, although that pic makes it look massive, imo.

I have a couple that i'd love to have. Beagle, Siberian Husky, long haired Jack russel, Border Collie and Great Dane.

Unfotunately, as I said, due to living alone it's just not going to happen for a while, I'm just out for too long 4 days a week.

Springers are nice, I must admit; my cousin had one years ago.

In fact, on one occasion I was at the RSPCA, picking up the cat that we had chosen, and someone was bringing in a springer they didn't want - and it was delightful. I was very, VERY tempted to take it home there and then, but realised it would have been unfair with the wife and I both working full-time (and the cat we were taking was particularly nervous with dogs). Hope they found it a good home.

Also like Border Collies...

anyway indeed, Springer Spaniel, clever dogs...although can be very stupid also. Well mine was half genius/half idiot.

Smaller version:

b864ccdf9367097dcd8b191558e649f9.JPG

My ex's sister had a Springer. Lovely dog but he was absolutely terrified of everything. You raise your arm too quickly and he'd run off.

I was outisde their house once and knocked on the window to say hello and he was so scared he pissed himself.

I assume the whole breed isn't all like that, and it wouldn't surprise me if my ex's brother in law was abusive to it, so maybe that caused it.

Regardless, that sadly put me off ever getting one.

5410515303_a9f6f05c6f.jpg

Two of the working dogs we have at a few weeks old last summer. Getting them to sit still for long enough was a nightmare.

Sweet lord they are adorable!!!!!!!!

I don't know how people can hate dogs. I want to cuddle them!

Christ how cute are they?! We got a golden and a black labrador at the same time about ten years ago and they looked just like that. Sadly the black one, Willow, died when she was three as she had a dodgy heart. We've still got the golden one, and also have a 7 year old retriever. I wouldn't be without them, and they adore the kids.

Also like Border Collies...

anyway indeed, Springer Spaniel, clever dogs...although can be very stupid also. Well mine was half genius/half idiot.

Smaller version:

b864ccdf9367097dcd8b191558e649f9.JPG

My ex's sister had a Springer. Lovely dog but he was absolutely terrified of everything. You raise your arm too quickly and he'd run off.

I was outisde their house once and knocked on the window to say hello and he was so scared he pissed himself.

I assume the whole breed isn't all like that, and it wouldn't surprise me if my ex's brother in law was abusive to it, so maybe that caused it.

Regardless, that sadly put me off ever getting one.

Weird, mine was super play full. For example, when used to return home from school, I'd run upstairs, close door on him (cause he'd run after me) and hide in my room, it'd take him about 20/30 seconds to open the door and then he'd just go round the room opening stuff and trying to find me under the bed, in wardrobe etc..

In fact, pretty much go and don't see him for an hour or two and he'd jump and play with you and be super excited.

So mine was the complete opposite to that, hope it wasn't abused. :|

Yeh me too, maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, but he was super jumpy.

Don't get me wrong, if someone said "here, have a springer spaniel" (when I'm in a position to have a dog) I wouldn't say no. But if I was to choose one then that's put me off getting one.

Love them. Never had one as a kid as my brother was allergic. Can't have one now until I'm able to move to my own place and even then it seems cruel to leave it on its own while I'm at work. I'm determined to have one eventually though I've wanted one all my life.

Â