How much do you earn?

Genie

How much do you earn?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you earn?

• £0 (Student / Unemployed / Unemployable / Lazy :D )
    • <£10k
    • £10,001 to £19,999
    • £20,000 - £29,999
    • £30,000 - £39,999
    • £40,000 - £49,999
    • £50,000 - £59,999
    • £60,000 +

£21-22k p.a.

Being a Health care assistant for brum mental health pays me £18.5k and i get an extra 2-3k a year through working on the bank (like an agency but run internally by nhs)

id say im happy, theres the odd month where im sweating a bit on the run up to payday but on the whole i can afford to do most things i want to do so i cant complain.

I earn slightly over 20k, although for the work I do and the amount of hours I put in (I have been doing 12 hour days recently with no paid over time) I am seriously under paid and am currently in discussions negotiating a pay rise. I have basically given them a figure of what I require, if they don't meet it then I am out of there.

I earn 40,000 plus a year here in Dublin which is good really but i could earn more as im a self employed courier the money is there to earn but you have to put the hours in though and dont forget this is an expensive place to live.

I earn slightly over 20k, although for the work I do and the amount of hours I put in (I have been doing 12 hour days recently with no paid over time) I am seriously under paid and am currently in discussions negotiating a pay rise. I have basically given them a figure of what I require, if they don't meet it then I am out of there.

Be careful with the whole ''if you don't give me what I want I'm off'' stance. They may well turn around and say ''bye then, the doors that way'', and you find yourself unemployed.

I take home about £1500 a month. Might seem comfortable - but it is not: I'm on a part-buy/part-rent scheme and to be honest if I could turn back the clock I would. At the moment, the rent + mortgage is £750ish a month and that's excluding credit card debt, council tax etc. This month, I'm marginally better off as I managed to swindle some overtime (pretty amazing as it's generally not allowed where I work) and I managed to bring home £2000ish. That might seem good, but my outgoings are more than my incomings :(

I'm on about £26k annually (usually). I'm actually considering switching my pension scheme to "no contributions" (from me) to save about £80 a month but then that means I'll be paying higher tax. Gggggrrrr.

I'm a student, but also have a part time job which I earn around £250 per month from, on average. I get more in the summer holidays etc though, when I can put more hours in. I've applied for my PGCE and hopefully I'll be working as a qualified teacher in under 18 months, which should put me on £22k, but I'm not sure whether my application will be successful this year.

I agree with Wiggy, in my experience people tend to live to their means and as your wages go up then you loosen the belt and spend a little more freely. Most people do this especially those with a wife and child where you are the only bread winner. I personally am very lucky as I live within 15 minutes of the Indian Ocean and white sand beaches, 10 minutes to a beautiful city, the locals speak English, drive on the same side of the road as the UK, year round sunshine, I drive a 4 litre petrol car and don't worry about fuel costs, have a 10 min bike ride to work... And I earn double the wages I can in the UK (where my wage is good)... Downsides, 40C is horribly hot, rents are very expensive (around 400 pounds a week), eating out cost a fortune when you can book a resturant and family is a long way away.

But I still get down days and worry about money sometimes so money doesn't necessarily buy happiness but it helps with some of lifes day to day shit.

I take home about £1500 a month. Might seem comfortable - but it is not: I'm on a part-buy/part-rent scheme and to be honest if I could turn back the clock I would. At the moment, the rent + mortgage is £750ish a month and that's excluding credit card debt, council tax etc. This month, I'm marginally better off as I managed to swindle some overtime (pretty amazing as it's generally not allowed where I work) and I managed to bring home £2000ish. That might seem good, but my outgoings are more than my incomings :(

I'm on about £26k annually (usually). I'm actually considering switching my pension scheme to "no contributions" (from me) to save about £80 a month but then that means I'll be paying higher tax. Gggggrrrr.

trekka what do you mean switching your pension scheme to no contributions from you? will you be salary sacrificing your contributions instead and your company making them on your behalf - if this is the case your tax will not be affected and you will also save National Insurance so you should be better off....r are you just not going to make pension contributions any more? I work in tax advisory so take an odd interest in these type of things...

btw i earn approx 2k net per month.

YOUR RESULTS

You scored 86/100 for economic capital

Your financial resources are higher than the average person in the UK. Find out more below.

You scored 60/100 for social capital

Your social network is about the same as the average person in the UK. Find out more below.

You scored 90/100 for cultural capital

Your range of cultural interests is broader than the average person in the UK. Find out more below.

Not sure what that means really :|

Well no set income but i did do quite well the past 2 seasons and hit 90k prize money each of them. But if i am hurt...no money!
So, you are a fully professional sportswoman, then? Wow. I had kind of assumed that you would have some sort of job as well. I guess you'll have to plan carefully for the future - what's the retirement age for snowboarders (assuming no career-ending injury)?

Â