How much do you earn?

Genie

How much do you earn?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you earn?

• £0 (Student / Unemployed / Unemployable / Lazy :D )
    • <£10k
    • £10,001 to £19,999
    • £20,000 - £29,999
    • £30,000 - £39,999
    • £40,000 - £49,999
    • £50,000 - £59,999
    • £60,000 +

mine was

Social 70

Cultural 100

seems i don't know enough bus drivers or factory workers to get a decent social score :confused:

The ten points you got for knowing nobility is all that counts though surely?!

I know a few Knobs but no nobility :winkold:

maybe it's the area i live in as I couldn't actually tell you where the nearest factory to me is .. whilst giving it some thought for the survey the majority of my friends appear to be plumbers , electricians and builders for some reason .. is that the same for everyone else ?

As I've long understood it, class tends to be quite a bit more than economic, is it not (e.g. the vast majority of footballers in the Premier League are still working class even though the median wage for a PL footballer almost certainly puts the median wage in The City to shame)?

I know a few Knobs but no nobility :winkold:

maybe it's the area i live in as I couldn't actually tell you where the nearest factory to me is .. whilst giving it some thought for the survey the majority of my friends appear to be plumbers , electricians and builders for some reason .. is that the same for everyone else ?

I think my results were heavily affected by being in a running club - brownie points for social and sport activities, and members from right across the socio-economic spectrum (no aristocracy though).

whilst giving it some thought for the survey the majority of my friends appear to be plumbers , electricians and builders for some reason .. is that the same for everyone else ?

Yep, its strange, im in the construction industry, and most mates are too even though ive known most of them from school, weve all gone into the same sort of work.

That's ridiculous if it bumps up your social score for 'knowing' nobility. I only clicked that because someone 'noble' lives on the same lane as my girlfriend and is a family friend - I wouldn't say it had any effect on my social 'class'.

Off the top of my head, a random selection of my friends and acquaintances:

Teacher

Programmer

Plasterer

Auditor

Butcher

Accountant

Solicitor

Engineer

Factory worker

Printer

Musician

Social worker

Supermarket employee

Shop assistant

Warehouseman

Doctor

Postman

Vicar (really!)

Like I say, it's the running club thing - a group based on a shared activity that is not class-based. I think a tennis club (say) might be much more monopolised by the middle class.

If I had to pick the one with the most examples though it would probably be teachers.

YOUR RESULTS

You scored 93/100 for economic capital

Your financial resources are higher than the average person in the UK. Find out more below.

You scored 100/100 for social capital

Your social network is wider than the average person in the UK. Find out more below.

You scored 50/100 for cultural capital

Your range of cultural interests is about the same as the average person in the UK. Find out more below.

Your 'coat-of-arms'

We’ve used your results to create a fun, personalised 'coat-of-arms'. See below, or use the panel at the top right of this page to navigate around your results.

What does this mean.

Â