How much do you earn?

Genie

How much do you earn?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you earn?

• £0 (Student / Unemployed / Unemployable / Lazy :D )
    • <£10k
    • £10,001 to £19,999
    • £20,000 - £29,999
    • £30,000 - £39,999
    • £40,000 - £49,999
    • £50,000 - £59,999
    • £60,000 +

I earn 2.2million a month. Unfortunately that is Korean won, which equates to about £1230.

The difference here though is that you don't have 50% of your wage taken from you and with my rent paid by the school it means I can live comfortably and save a fair bit.

I wouldn't say that's a lot tbh but ah well I haven't started working full time yet what do I know.

It's not that much, but the irony is, I earnt more at home and I can live about 10 times more comfortably here and put over half of it away.

If I earned that in the UK it gets raped by tax, council tax, water, gas, the BBC etc.

I earn 2.2million a month. Unfortunately that is Korean won, which equates to about £1230.

The difference here though is that you don't have 50% of your wage taken from you and with my rent paid by the school it means I can live comfortably and save a fair bit.

I wouldn't say that's a lot tbh but ah well I haven't started working full time yet what do I know.

It's not that much, but the irony is, I earnt more at home and I can live about 10 times more comfortably here and put over half of it away.

If I earned that in the UK it gets raped by tax, council tax, water, gas, the BBC etc.

That bad? :$

Strange, wouldn't have expected that, I thought 10-19k would have been about average, but I guess we have quite a few older posters who generally are on higher wages. Unfortunately I'm not on 60k+.

I thought 10-19k would have been about average,

Really? :shock: That would be around average in Singapore but considering the cost of living in Britain it has to be way higher than that*. Mind though the COL here is much higher than it appears at first glance though.

* Edit: Not to mention your crazy taxes.

I thought 10-19k would have been about average,

Really? :shock: That would be around average in Singapore but considering the cost of living in Britain it has to be way higher than that*. Mind though the COL here is much higher than it appears at first glance though.

* Edit: Not to mention your crazy taxes.

Yeah wages aren't generally increasing to reflect Tax and Price rises in the UK. I haven't had a pay rise in 3 years.

I 'pick up' £20k.

Stupid tax and national insurance taking loads of my monnies.

Aye. Lets close down all schools and hospitals, stop building roads and collecting rubbish instead! :flag:

I 'pick up' £20k.

Aye. Lets close down all schools and hospitals, stop building roads and collecting rubbish instead! :flag:

They have the astronominical duty on cigarettes, alcohol and petrol to pay for that.

I 'pick up' £20k.

They have the astronominical duty on cigarettes, alcohol and petrol to pay for that.

Im pretty sure the tax on cigarettes, booze and fuel doesnt cover the cost of, you know, everything we take for granted in this country.

I assumed that the question meant before tax, etc. - £35K for me.

I don't think I ever got near the 1K per year of age target; doesn't bother me, I have all the things I need and most of the things I want. And see my sig.

I earn enough to live a comfy life, have a holiday once a year and the odd treat now and again.

Obviously I would like to earn lots more, but do believe I am well paid for the job I do.

Trouble starts when you start to compare other salaries within the company of people of similar age and grade earning twice as much as you.

Â