How much do you earn?

Genie

How much do you earn?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you earn?

• £0 (Student / Unemployed / Unemployable / Lazy :D )
    • <£10k
    • £10,001 to £19,999
    • £20,000 - £29,999
    • £30,000 - £39,999
    • £40,000 - £49,999
    • £50,000 - £59,999
    • £60,000 +

I earn a fair bit, but then I have a wife (who doesn't work) and two young children to support. I still don't put enough aside for my old age, but hope to make that up in the coming years. I was made unemployed in 1998, and my first job in accountancy after that paid £9K a year, so having studied and worked to get where I am now, I don't feel guilty about taking home what I do.

I earn a fair bit, but then I have a wife (who doesn't work) and two young children to support. I still don't put enough aside for my old age, but hope to make that up in the coming years. I was made unemployed in 1998, and my first job in accountancy after that paid £9K a year, so having studied and worked to get where I am now, I don't feel guilty about taking home what I do.

Not even about the bit you syphon off the main accounts into that one in the Caymen Islands? :lol:

I'd rather do a job for 20k that I loved than a job for 40k that I loathed. It doesn't matter how much money you get, if you hate your work your existence is miserable.

I have no desire to have the latest gadget, expensive TV or nice car. If I'm happy and have enough money to live and travel, I'm a very rich man.

I'd rather do a job for 20k that I loved than a job for 40k that I loathed. It doesn't matter how much money you get, if you hate your work your existence is miserable.

I have no desire to have the latest gadget, expensive TV or nice car. If I'm happy and have enough money to live and travel, I'm a very rich man.

Agree with all that Baz, it's nice to have money to splash about, but happiness and health for me and my family is more important than having thousands in the bank.

Not even about the bit you syphon off the main accounts into that one in the Caymen Islands? :lol:

Shhhh!

No need for any of that mullarkey, I get nearly £20K tax free, the next £20K is taxed at 10% and everything I earn above that is at 20%. I pay a lot more in national insurance than I do income tax.

I have no desire to have the latest gadget, expensive TV or nice car. If I have enough money to live and travel, I'm a very rich man.

very much this to the 1st bit, when i was at uni a fair few of the other part time students worked in brum and had construction sites all over the country to work on and bragged they got paid around £5k more than me,

personally id rather be on £5k a year less and travel 3m to work every day than have 8 o'clock meetings 100m + away but some people couldnt get their head round that, including another student from my company who actually began to resent the fact that he was on less

as for the 2nd bit i also agree, out of everything you could spend money on travel would be my number 1, but the bloke i sit next to says he did that 20 years ago and now is interested in a new car every year instead, another bloke i work with has a watch collection worth over £20k! what people spend money on really is horses for courses

Shhhh!

No need for any of that mullarkey, I get nearly £20K tax free, the next £20K is taxed at 10% and everything I earn above that is at 20%. I pay a lot more in national insurance than I do income tax.

What do you do out of interest Risso?

Myself and a mate have had pretty identical career paths. We're in the same line of biz, same age, same hometown base. Pretty much the same salary.

He has a BMW 320d fresh out of the box 2 weeks ago.

He has an old Porsche Boxster to mess about with on the weekend.

I have a wife and kids.

It ain't what you earn, it's what you spend that counts.

Truth is, I wouldn't swap it for anything.

Shhhh!

What do you do out of interest Risso?

Finance Director for an offshore financial services group.

Â