How much do you earn?

Genie

How much do you earn?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you earn?

• £0 (Student / Unemployed / Unemployable / Lazy :D )
    • <£10k
    • £10,001 to £19,999
    • £20,000 - £29,999
    • £30,000 - £39,999
    • £40,000 - £49,999
    • £50,000 - £59,999
    • £60,000 +

ive recently past 40k and have a good bonus on its way this year. Unfortunately my girlfriend is now a stay at home mum now so i dont really get to see any of it.

Pretty much this. Just replace the word girlfriend with wife and good bonus with small.

but regardless, you always want more

only to a certain point i think

A comfortable lifestyle would be enough for me ... nice house , nice holidays know that i've provided for the children and their future etc

but I'd never be comfortable with having too much money whilst friends of mine were having to sell a kidney to put food on the table .. for sure you could help them out if you were filthy rich and were that concerned for them but I don't think it makes for a comfortable situation alround ..

but regardless, you always want more

only to a certain point i think

A comfortable lifestyle would be enough for me ... nice house , nice holidays know that i've provided for the children and their future etc

but I'd never be comfortable with having too much money whilst friends of mine were having to sell a kidney to put food on the table .. for sure you could help them out if you were filthy rich and were that concerned for them but I don't think it makes for a comfortable situation alround ..

True, bet where do you draw the line at having loads of money and too much money?

As your income increases so does your lifestyle and expenditure.

Is that necessarily true?

Well obviously not forr everyone, but i would say 99% of people it would.

You earn more money so you eat at better restaurants, buy a better car, buy more designer clothing, better more luxurious holidays, buy a nicer larger house, better schooling for your kids...all at extra cost. You treat money with less respect.

It's not true at all. I got a significant pay rise a few years ago and I still spend the same now as I did when I was in my old job.

You earn more money so you eat at better restaurants, buy a better car, buy more designer clothing, better more luxurious holidays, buy a nicer larger house, better schooling for your kids...all at extra cost. You treat money with less respect.

I don't know, I don't think I could ever stand eating at posh restaurants every day or drive a Porsche. Can't stand it. I can't begin to think of living in a mansion either - too big for my tastes.

It's not true at all. I got a significant pay rise a few years ago and I still spend the same now as I did when I was in my old job.

Congratulations...you are the minority! :wave:

I don't know, I don't think I could ever stand eating at posh restaurants every day or drive a Porsche. Can't stand it. I can't begin to think of living in a mansion either - too big for my tastes.

See this is where people differ. I know people who earn a considerable amount of money yet still live in a modest 3 bedroom house, drive a 10 year old car, dont go on holiday's and dont spend any money really. Like i say everyone is different.

But what if you earnt enough money not to worry about checking your bank balance? Would that change the way you spent your money?

I'm far below the 1k per year rule. Mor elike 0.5k per year. HOWEVER I'm not moaning, I lodge and pay a third of my wages for rent. And my car rapes another third at least, more like a half. I get by, and I'm hardly in squalor! Good stuff.

But what if you earnt enough money not to worry about checking your bank balance? Would that change the way you spent your money?

All I can think of is that if my parents brought home more than they did (I start work this year) I wouldn't have to worry about the number of games I bought on a day :D, or worry about buying minced meat, or no meat at all, instead of a steak at the supermarket.

So yeah, in a way - you don't feel the need to constantly keep tabs on your spending if you earn more.

Â