How much do you earn?

Genie

How much do you earn?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you earn?

• £0 (Student / Unemployed / Unemployable / Lazy :D )
    • <£10k
    • £10,001 to £19,999
    • £20,000 - £29,999
    • £30,000 - £39,999
    • £40,000 - £49,999
    • £50,000 - £59,999
    • £60,000 +

Where do you live Delboy?

Perth, Oz.

Lovely place IMO. Land of opportunity again, everything's going to go balistic over here workwise for the next 10 years with the LNG plants that are going ahead. Hundreds of billions of $ to be spent and there already is a serious shortage of skilled staff. I hope to be able to retire on the next 10 years work here.

Theoretically I'm on a 0 hour contract. Get called in to work whenever they need me which was never over end of December/Early Jan as there was nothing on - but work is starting to pick up again now as there's gigs and clubnights on almost every night for the next few months (£££££££££).

If you didn't guess I work on the bar at a venue, more specifically the O2 Academy in town.

In Singapore with the cost of living rising faster than wage increases (just like in Britain) it's just common sense that people would not be interested in setting up families, or choose to have less, later. A lot of the elites (definition?) here, including the media, don't seem to understand this very basic logic though.

Talk about being out of touch sometimes.

Theoretically I'm on a 0 hour contract. Get called in to work whenever they need me which was never over end of December/Early Jan as there was nothing on - but work is starting to pick up again now as there's gigs and clubnights on almost every night for the next few months (£££££££££).

If you didn't guess I work on the bar at a venue, more specifically the O2 Academy in town.

So if I turn up at propaganda I can expect free drinks from you, yeh? Cheers. ;)

In Singapore with the cost of living rising faster than wage increases (just like in Britain) it's just common sense that people would not be interested in setting up families, or choose to have less, later. A lot of the elites (definition?) here, including the media, don't seem to understand this very basic logic though.

This is a (relatively) recent development.

I'll bet in the big depression of the 1930s it had no effect whatsoever on people getting married and having kids - it's what people did; they just accepted that it would be a struggle.

Nowadays, people seem to believe that you have to have financial security before you can have a family. Probably quite sensible, but definitely a shift in attitude.

I take home about £1500 a month. Might seem comfortable - but it is not: I'm on a part-buy/part-rent scheme and to be honest if I could turn back the clock I would. At the moment, the rent + mortgage is £750ish a month and that's excluding credit card debt, council tax etc. This month, I'm marginally better off as I managed to swindle some overtime (pretty amazing as it's generally not allowed where I work) and I managed to bring home £2000ish. That might seem good, but my outgoings are more than my incomings :(

I'm on about £26k annually (usually). I'm actually considering switching my pension scheme to "no contributions" (from me) to save about £80 a month but then that means I'll be paying higher tax. Gggggrrrr.

trekka what do you mean switching your pension scheme to no contributions from you? will you be salary sacrificing your contributions instead and your company making them on your behalf - if this is the case your tax will not be affected and you will also save National Insurance so you should be better off....r are you just not going to make pension contributions any more? I work in tax advisory so take an odd interest in these type of things...

btw i earn approx 2k net per month.

Aha, yes...that's about the gist of it. Currently, I'm paying 3.5% pensionable income (civil service scheme) which gets me cheaper NI contributions. I was considering of opting out completely until things improve but instead, I intend to switch to a "Partnership" pension which in effect means that my employer will still make the 3.5% and I can make 0 contribution. Only downside is that this now won't take effect until October :(

Thanks - I hadn't quite appreciated that my NI contributions would remain the same if I switched.

Not watching the medal ceremony at the X Games or anything, does ESPN present the prize money using those giant cheques like they use in golf?

g_shelton_i.jpg

YES! The giant novelty cheques are the best things.. and i am sad enough to admit i keep most of them :oops: :lol:

What is classed as a decent wage in Singapore? When I was out there in December, I thought it was very expensive. Especially alcohol. Paid $24 for a mojito in Clarke Quay. Was lovely though!

Not watching the medal ceremony at the X Games or anything, does ESPN present the prize money using those giant cheques like they use in golf?

g_shelton_i.jpg

YES! The giant novelty cheques are the best things.. and i am sad enough to admit i keep most of them :oops: :lol:

Do you drive them around in your car like Happy Gilmore?

g_shelton_i.jpg

How much do you win for a silver?

My salary is massively dependent on bonuses. My base salary can be classed as average but performance based bonuses can make my total gross for the year vary from being good to fantastic depending on how much I have exceeded my targets by.

I work for a Bank in relationship management role.

g_shelton_i.jpg

How much do you win for a silver?

Enough but not as much as gold :cry:

No i do not drive around with them in my car! :lol:

Â