Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

He is a young player thrown in at the deep end and is basically another victim of how our club has been decimated by the owner.

No sorry mate im not having this!!!

So basically its none of the players fault, cause they have been brought in to the premiership and been asked to play at this level, something they are unable to do.

If there is a serious lack of effort and they are capable of playing a lot better than yes the players are to blame. If they are doing all they can but are simply inferior to the opposition than I think it's unfair to blame the players.

I always thought Baker had potential but never looked ready. Should really be loaned out to improve his development instead of playing week in week out in a very poor team battling for survival.

Exactly and under a different approach from an owner willing to support his manager we would of been in a position to loan him out and not rely on him to perform consistently in the Premiership which he isn't ready for yet.  The guy is 23 and just learning his trade.

Baker is a raw 21 year old - he is probably ok for the odd game - but it is bordering on negligence to expect a whole season out of him. I don't think Clark is much better either. One of Lambert s unforgivable s starting both his seasons with only 1 experienced CB - got away with last year.....  

• Like 1

Lambert should have got in experienced CB cover instead of wasting funds on Grant Holt. This was a huge mistake with Okore out all year.  Baker is far too rash and clumsy to be starting in this league. He is a blood and thunder defender and he is brave to be fair to him but his timing is atrocious. Time after time this year he has gave away stupid penalty's and dangerous free kicks. The worst of it is he isnt improving his timing either as today showed.  

Baker is a raw 21 year old - he is probably ok for the odd game - but it is bordering on negligence to expect a whole season out of him. I don't think Clark is much better either. One of Lambert s unforgivable s starting both his seasons with only 1 experienced CB - got away with last year.....

He's just turned 23 according to his wiki...

He is actually 23 now. If he is nowhere near good enough at this age, he never will be.

• Like 1

He's just turned 23 according to his wiki...

OK....But my point still stands .......ok for the odd game - but week in \ week out ? - should have got Scott Dann for what it would have cost...

He hasn't looked great but none of the team have. I feel sorry for the academy graduates because they are clearly talented with all the titles they win. When they come into a team and they're surrounded by inexperience and a lack of quality what can we expect. At the top clubs they can bring their academy players to play alongside top players and they learn. 

So 22/23 year olds are too young to be regulars here?

Who else is playing central defenders that age every week?

Umm...Caulker. Shawcross I suppose played regularly from that age too. I take your point though, it is quite rare for that particular position.

I don't think that excuses Baker's performances though. He had loan spells prior to his run in the team. It's not like he was thrown in when he was a teenager or anything. He has just proven to not be very good. He offers sheer physicality and nothing else.

Â