Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

He hasn't settled in this country and wants to back to France in my opinion.

Fair enough, but I'm interested to know if you actually have anything to base that on? Or is it just an opinion from nothing?

:suspect: How can you tell?

Just reading between the lines - the family in Cameroon stuff etc. When I met him in April he hadn't picked up any English. I could be doing him down and be miles off the mark.

Just reading between the lines - the family in Cameroon stuff etc. When I met him in April he hadn't picked up any English. I could be doing him down and be miles off the mark.

Sorry if I've missed something but why would family in Cameroon mean he wants to move to France? It's hardly down the road. The language thing can stop you settling in but he'll have the summer and pre-season to work on that.

OK fairy nuff. It's certainly plausible. He may have come over to play for Houllier as much as play for Villa, given that Houllier knew him from his Lyon days.

Sorry if I've missed something but why would family in Cameroon mean he wants to move to France? It's hardly down the road. The language thing can stop you settling in but he'll have the summer and pre-season to work on that.

Yeah it was just an opinion mate. I'm not in the Bicks/Risso lets burn him at the stake gang

OK fairy nuff. It's certainly plausible. He may have come over to play for Houllier as much as play for Villa, given that Houllier knew him from his Lyon days.

He didn't did he. He tried to buy him once, thats about it.

He didn't did he. He tried to buy him once, thats about it.

But that tells the player the manager 'likes me' and at the 2nd time of asking, his situation might be different and he might give it a go. It's plausible to suggest he mightn't have chosen Villa had Houllier not been here. And by extension, mightn't fancy it now that he's not. I'm not saying it's what has happened. Just that it does happen.

Can't believe people say flog him, give the guy a chance for jeebus sake.

We have done!! How long does he need?

A pre-season.... at least?

Don't get that tbh, pre-season is largely about fitness, his fitness wasn't ever in question

Can't believe people say flog him, give the guy a chance for jeebus sake.

We have done!! How long does he need?

A pre-season.... at least?

Don't get that tbh, pre-season is largely about fitness, his fitness wasn't ever in question

wasnt that the reason people say he cant ahck it as he isnt up to the pace that pre-season training will give him.

But we all know you dont like him for some reason :(

A lot of players struggle when they move in January.

Ashley Young didn't hit top form until his first preseason with us. Most January signings you see the best of once they start a season with the team. Bent hit the ground running with us but I don't think that is the norm. It probably makes a bigger difference if the player is coming from overseas.

wasnt that the reason people say he cant ahck it as he isnt up to the pace that pre-season training will give him.

The pace he isn't up to is in his head, he doesn't react quick enough and he makes rash decisions.

He's not mentally up to the pace imo and pre-season training isn't going to give him that, the only thing that'll give him that is real game time and that is something I'm not sure we can afford to give him, especially as according to the manager we're going to be playing far more 4-4-2 which leaves little room for a passenger in midfield

I don't like him? I've never met him, couldn't possibly say if I like him or not. I'm talking about his worth to our football team. So far he's had one good game against the very pedestrian Man Utd, thats it, even that didn't surprise me, I said he'd play well against them because they are one of the few teams that do play a slower game.

Wrong player for our needs imo. Right now we don't need a Makoun because that isn't how we're going to play. We'll be going right back to a similar pragmatic approach a la MON but with a less talented squad.

The pace he isn't up to is in his head, he doesn't react quick enough and he makes rash decisions.

He's not mentally up to the pace imo and pre-season training isn't going to give him that, the only thing that'll give him that is real game time and that is something I'm not sure we can afford to give him, especially as according to the manager we're going to be playing far more 4-4-2 which leaves little room for a passenger in midfield

In my opinion you couldn't be more wrong. I think Makoun's touch and vision are both sublime, and only players who think fast can ease themselves out of tight situations the way Makoun can. His deft little touches prove that he has an instinctive awareness of the players around him and can adjust his body shape in a split second.

I believe the only thing that held him back last season was that he simply wasn't used to having to cover so much ground so quickly for sustained periods of play. That affected his ability to make the right decisions at times.

We all know what it's like when you're blowing out your arse, you lose the ability to control the ball, you lunge in to players a bit more because you're worried they'll just skip past you otherwise.

I hope we keep him, he could be a top player.

Â