Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I am genuinely foxed by this view.

Would his advocates concede that, given our defeat, there might have been at least something wrong with the way Makoun played?

Maybe making lots of passes wasn't the way to secure victory over Man U?

Would his advocates concede that, given our defeat, there might have been at least something wrong with the way Makoun played?

I will not be responding sensibly until Cap'n_Guttiwuts is reinstated back to the forum.

Not really.

If he's supplying passes to the front 4 then the front 4 themselves have to do something with it.

Their goals, 47 seconds in, long kick from Van Der Sar, they score. Nothing to do with Makoun, 2nd goal, cross from wide, goal ...nothing to do with Makoun.

It's like saying, Bent scored 2 vs Everton, we didn't win.....so would people say the best way of beating Everton is to not score???

No ....individual players can only do their jobs, the others have to do their jobs, they didn't.

Not really.

If he's supplying passes to the front 4 then the front 4 themselves have to do something with it.

Their goals, 47 seconds in, long kick from Van Der Sar, they score. Nothing to do with Makoun, 2nd goal, cross from wide, goal ...nothing to do with Makoun.

It's like saying, Bent scored 2 vs Everton, we didn't win.....so would people say the best way of beating Everton is to not score???

No ....individual players can only do their jobs, the others have to do their jobs, they didn't.

Well put. It's an incredibly small-minded perception.

OK, finally got it.

He played well (not that this had the right impact on his colleagues) but we lost quite comprehensively and this is what we are praising about his season.

And we are choosing to forget the other 6 matches he played where he looked well out of his depth

I guess it sums up last season.

And I'm sorry if anyone thinks that is "small-minded" but I guess last season was quite a small minded one overall, and quite small on achievement too.

And we are choosing to forget the other 6 matches he played where he looked well out of his depth

How did he manage to pull out another man of the match award then if he was so out of his depth in those six other games? Also he looked decent at Blackpool till he got sent off.

How did he manage to pull out another man of the match award then if he was so out of his depth in those six other games? Also he looked decent at Blackpool till he got sent off.

Exactly, in half his games he was one of our better players, the other half he struggled. Thats a player been thrown in at the deep end. I think given time he will be a good player for us.

The pace of the game caught him unaware, he also lacked confidence to call for the ball thus games tended to pass him by and he became a passenger. I'm still not sure what his natural game is, for the aforementioned reasons. He looks unorthodox as a creative midfielder, prefering to sit deep, or defensive midfielder unwilling to track runs and get stuck in.

He is a good passer of the ball.

People need to try and understand that it's absurd to say saying Makoun is going to be brilliant for Villa, based on a few perceived moments of quality this season

Just as absurd saying he isn't going to be because you feel his out of his depth?

including an apparently sublime performance against Man U

where he apparently bossed the Man U midfield singlehandedly.

So I'm guessing you didn't see the game. But yet you state he must have been shit because we lost?

He was immense that game, so you can't really comment on it if you didnt see it. We aren't making it up.

Very obvious that he was adjusting to the pace of the league in his short time in a villa shirt.

I've seen enough of him to know he'll be a good addition to the team. And has the potential to be a great for us.

• 5 weeks later...
Cant wait to see Jean play next season, we could have a real player on our hands if he settles in.

.......and if he isn't injured

And if he learns not to get sent off every other match and manages to keep up with the pace and physicality of the Premier League.

Nailed on winner, I would say.

Cant wait to see Jean play next season, we could have a real player on our hands if he settles in.

And if he learns not to get sent off every other match and manages to keep up with the pace and physicality of the Premier League.

He got sent off once no? Played injured as well we hear, never really stood much of a chance.

He was absolutely stonking against Man United. Xavi eat your heart out. There's a player in there, no doubt about it.

Whether we will find him or not is anyone's guess right now. But that does seem to be McLeish's forte. Time will tell.

sent of once in 7 appearances. what are you talking about?

sent of once in 7 appearances. what are you talking about?

There were at least 2 other games where he was bloody lucky not to be sent off, I was amazed he wasn't, so were many others watching at the time.

He does need to learrn that you cant 2 footed fly through a player to win the ball.

He was out for 3 games for that, then his next game back he did exactly the same thing but luckily only got booked!

Makoun was incredible against Man United.. Had we been in a better league position he'd have probably played a bit more. The same could be said for Bradley who just didn't get a chance, there is a great player in Makoun and we will find him.

Â