Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Was at that game Ulver, Doug Ellis lower so close to the play

Makoun did ok, but far from MoM

We lost the midfield battle and paid the price that day

all I can say is, you obviously watched a different game to 'many' of us that night

rubbish ci, it was 1 of the best performances i've seen from a villa player, he completely bossed the midfield, he was absolutely superb

He was ok in that game, he was pretty crap in the others apart from man u and against newcastle he was complete and utter shit and was rightly subbed. And for some reason we didn't see him again.

Tbh that doesn't mean much, he became a hero on here because he wore a shit jumper and sat in the background of a rap video.

he had fans on here before that. Just cause you cnat pull of the jumper and star in a rap video. No need to be bitter.

i assume you hated Salifou as well he was loved by the fans

Tbh that doesn't mean much, he became a hero on here because he wore a shit jumper and sat in the background of a rap video.

he had fans on here before that. Just cause you cnat pull of the jumper and star in a rap video. No need to be bitter.

I don't hate him because he's liked i just don't think his a very good player and i don't think people on here thinking he played well is proof that he was outstanding in a game.

And i'm very confident i could pull off the stupid jumper look, i agree i'd look out of place in a rap video but i'm not bitter because of that.

Lads, fulham at home 2-2, a game we should have won

Yet our midfield we're over run particularly the last 30 mins

Makoun had little influence on the game, I'm not sure he could ever boss a game even at league 2 level

No, MON signed Salifou.

That said, Salifou was awesome and I don't know why the club sold him. One of our true greats. MON made a lot of dud signings but Salifou was definitely not one of them. In the words of SGC, he was superb.

ok? he was outstanding, he ran the midfield v fulham

Are you sure? I remember watching that game thinking it was one of his poorest. He made some wreckless challenges and gave the ball away a bit. Was just as bad as the rest of the team that day.

Wigan away and Manchester United away were his stand out performances I thought. He did ok against Blackpool until he got sent off, set Gabby on his way for the goal I believe.

We saw little of him after that red card.

he was superb, he ran the game that day, just a shame that he couldn't continue in that vein

Running the game is a huge exaggeration, he did quite well I'd say, but also made some cock ups. Kept fouling Dembele. You wanna see someone run a game, watch Silva or Xavi, Makoun hardly ran that game. I'd have him in the team right now if he was still here, but he was no midfield magician or dominating presence, he was just better than what we got :) .

I dont know why fans are discussing Makoun "Running the game"...I dont expect a top 4 quality midfielder out of him...He was 4m and on around 40k a week(which is similar to the Hutton transfer),yet what he brings to the team is worth that.. He is a tidy player that offers an out ball in midfield and usually an out ball going forward. He rarely gave the ball away and had good movement off the ball allowing himself to be available for the pass at all times. None of our midfielders offer this, so more often than not we end up hoofing the ball upfield. Delph, Herd and Heskey in the midfield dont offer the same movement off the ball as Makoun, they also dont offer the same speed and eye for the out ball pass.

Makoun's strengths was his ability on the ball, passing and movement...= all the things missing atm from our midfield.. Hutton = 4m quid and 30-40k per week/ Makoun = 4m quid and 30-40k per week, I know which one offers better value for our team.

I dont know why fans are discussing Makoun "Running the game"...I dont expect a top 4 quality midfielder out of him...He was 4m and on around 40k a week(which is similar to the Hutton transfer),yet what he brings to the team is worth that.. He is a tidy player that offers an out ball in midfield and usually an out ball going forward. He rarely gave the ball away and had good movement off the ball allowing himself to be available for the pass at all times. None of our midfielders offer this, so more often than not we end up hoofing the ball upfield. Delph, Herd and Heskey in the midfield dont offer the same movement off the ball as Makoun, they also dont offer the same speed and eye for the out ball pass.

Makoun's strengths was his ability on the ball, passing and movement...= all the things missing atm from our midfield.. Hutton = 4m quid and 30-40k per week/ Makoun = 4m quid and 30-40k per week, I know which one offers better value for our team.

Agree with this, running the game stuff from SGC, less so.

Any chance we can get him back January? Bonkers sending him out on loan, should have either sold him or kept him. Still think this has been perhaps McLiesh worse decision so far.

Send back Jenas and bring Makoun back would be in the best interests of our club. He is fit and had a decent pre-season and already has some ideas of how our players play..He could be on bench and/or ready to play now, which is unlike Jenas.

Jenas still has to gell with the team when he does reach match fitness and there are no guarantees he will be any good when he does get in. He has been out too long and injury prone..We are training and getting a "Spurs player" up to match fitness using our guys and resources..This deal only benefits Spurs!

Â