Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Was that with Downing, Young and Albrighton playing? why is everyone shocked then? we had the pace for counter so the emphasis on possession wasn't there as we had the pace to hit them.. we have naff all now hence the emphasis on possession. Also those doesn't show everything, we concede possession far too easily.

If you don't have the pace in the team (which we don't now) we must learn to hold the ball more.

I'm mixed on Makoun.

Undoubtedly a telented footballer just not sure he's designed for the PL, looked very off the pace when he came in last season, as demostrated with is reckless challenges.

I'd have expected him to have improved on that over the summer but it seems the coaching staff still dont think he's up to it.

I'm not convinced he was loaned out for the purpose of bringing Jenas in but that ultimately was the result, I believe the player was pushing for the move and I also believe we had another target in mind and settled for a loan deal of Jenas when that fell through but that's just guess work on my part.

But if he is even half the player some of you claim him to be then I'm certain somebody involved with the coaching set up would have seen that and advised the manager to keep him here as an option.

I stand by my comments that a high possession is a good thing is a myth. We never had a lot of possession during MON's time and we had great results.

It's entirely dependant on the football you play. You're right, MON didn't play possession football and we were great.

Nor does McLeish, so I'd go along with the point that Makoun in the team because he can keep possession wouldn't necessarily improve us whilst we play direct football.

But you can't just show one example of a team having high possession and losing and say "see, high possession doesn't matter"

I'm sure you could find an example where Barcelona have had a huge proportion of posession and ended up losing. Does that mean Barca's ability to keep the ball for huge periods of the game isn't a major contributor to their success?

With Bannan now suspended and Jenas out long term and the other midfielders being either out of form, past it or generally not good enough, wonder if Eck will hit the panic button and recall Makoun ? If that contractually is an option of course ?

I believe Makoun in the current state of the squad would make us hold the ball more but as we've seen so far with the football involved we don't keep possession under McLeish so it's no wonder he got rid of him and got a rubbish injured (so far) replacement instead (he was always poor in the market besides defenders anyway).

Makoun gave the ball away just as much as the rest of the squad did.

how anyone can rate this guy over 8 games is beyond me. 8 games people..

Don't forget this is Villa Talk the home of knee jerk reactions and conclusion jumping :D

real shame that we let him go imo he was absolutely superb against fulham at home last season, he is outstanding and would walk into our current shambles of a midfield

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Dont care what anyone says - you are a winde up merchent!!

Â