Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Makoun was moved on in order to free up the wages to allow Jenas to come in. Seeing as Jenas won't be kicking a ball for atleast another 3 or 4 games, I'd say it was a poor decision.

Though that is easy to say in hindsight, and Jenas could be a better option when he finally gets himself fit.

He was substituted after 73 minutes. Wasn't watching the game so don't know if it was injury or tactical. Good to see Olly Mellberg still flourishing at this level - he played a full game as he has generally been doing for Olympi this season.

Been watching he's just been doing what he does for us really passing it about. Pass completion must be 100% I've not see him give it away yet.

that is probably the reason he was moved on, we cant have someone who keeps the ball and moves it on the ground to our own players. it doesnt fit in with the team tactics.

Makoun was moved on in order to free up the wages to allow Jenas to come in. Seeing as Jenas won't be kicking a ball for atleast another 3 or 4 games, I'd say it was a poor decision.

Though that is easy to say in hindsight, and Jenas could be a better option when he finally gets himself fit.

Tbh I would be tempted to send JJ back to Spurs, and look to get a fit CM in during January. JJ has been out for so long now, that we won't see the best of him this season anyway.

Tbh I would be tempted to send JJ back to Spurs, and look to get a fit CM in during January. JJ has been out for so long now, that we won't see the best of him this season anyway.

I still cant see the sense in letting Makoun go (and NRC to an extent) and only replacing them with a crocked Jenas. Crazy bit of business right there.

I take it theres not a recall clause in Makouns loan deal???

Of course there aint. We dont make contingency plans

Pass completion must be 100% I've not see him give it away yet.

That was his main fault. He could pass the ball and was too comfortable with one touch pass and move

It confused the hell out of lead legs Petrov, our inspirational midfield God

I still cant see the sense in letting Makoun go (and NRC to an extent) and only replacing them with a crocked Jenas. Crazy bit of business right there.

I take it theres not a recall clause in Makouns loan deal???

Of course there aint. We dont make contingency plans

That would be the sensible plan, though I have a feeling Makoun leaving was down to the player more than the manager. I just don't think Makoun settled in the League or the area so he wanted to leave asap.

I believe Makoun in the current state of the squad would make us hold the ball more but as we've seen so far with the football involved we don't keep possession under McLeish so it's no wonder he got rid of him and got a rubbish injured (so far) replacement instead (he was always poor in the market besides defenders anyway).

Whilst we lost the Man Utd game there is no doubt he was the best Villa player on the pitch in that match so i'm not sure what your getting at anyway, bizzare really.. considering we struggle to hold possession (something he does so well) not to mention we are one midfield option down letting him go and signing an injured player in the process whether people accept it or not has been one major mistake so far.

Whilst Makoun wouldn't set the world on fire he would atleast have given us options.

I believe Makoun in the current state of the squad would make us hold the ball more but as we've seen so far with the football involved we don't keep possession under McLeish so it's no wonder he got rid of him and got a rubbish injured (so far) replacement instead (he was always poor in the market besides defenders anyway).

Fun fact regarding the possession myth:

Aston Villa - Man City under Houllier:

Possesion Villa: 31.2%

Possesion City: 68.8%

Result: Villa won 1-0

Man City - Aston Villa under McLeish (Edit: I messed up, it was last year under Houllier)

Possesion Villa: 50.4%

Possesion City: 49.6%

Result: City won 4-0

Aston-Villa1.jpg

But I stand by my comments that a high possession is a good thing is a myth. We never had a lot of possession during MON's time and we had great results.

Whilst I really want to believe these stats, the most simple one is wrong, we scored at City. Unless of course its the result from last year under Houllier, either way its wrong.

Ops, I picked the wrong matches. Egg on my face. They both are from last year. (Though they show that possession does not mean a lot regarding results)

This is the stats this year:

Possession City: 64%

Possession Villa: 36%

Sorry for being a jerk.

Â