Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

If he can't get a work permit here, how would he get one in France ?
I imagine because Home Office rules would be different in the 2 Euro countries. Similar to how Brazilian newborn footballers can go to Portugal but not to England. Plus France most likely has a closer arrangement with Cameroon than Britain has, despite both Britain & France having relatively recent close ties to them.

according to sources, makoun has indeed completed a move to rennes. Whether that is a loan or not is anyones guess. the rumour was mainly due to other clubs interests in yann m'vila, and makoun is his replacement. does m'vila go missing for months as well?

He probably has a french passport, he was there for about 10/11 years.

If he had there wouldn't be any problems with getting a working permit in UK. That wouldn't even be an issue.

It is now clear that the work permit was never an issue - just a story Villa put out to buy some time and try to sort these issues out.

Rumours are we have got £6m for him - I for one would be staggered if that is the case.

Surely a guy who has two consecutive shady seasons would be going on the cheap.

However if we have done that ludicrous deal then doesnt that put us about even for the summer?

Hopefully some money left in pot for LB, winger, striker and a DM if I'm being really gready

It is now clear that the work permit was never an issue - just a story Villa put out to buy some time and try to sort these issues out.

Rumours are we have got £6m for him - I for one would be staggered if that is the case.

Surely a guy who has two consecutive shady seasons would be going on the cheap.

However if we have done that ludicrous deal then doesnt that put us about even for the summer?

Hopefully some money left in pot for LB, winger, striker and a DM if I'm being really gready

2 shady seasons? last year he did pretty well by all accounts, didn't he win the title and play in the CL quite a bit?

shame this didn't work otu for us, £6m for a CL midfielder is pretty fair.

Â