Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

But Makoun didn't have an effect - pretty much at all throughout last season? He didn't play the majority of games - wouldn't you rather give the role to Herdy? He's a defensive midfielder, and will **** 'av anyone!

No, you're right, definitely, he is yet to have made an effect for us at all but I still feel he hasn't played enough times to have settled in.

I know you could argue a professional should settle in pretty much straight away, or at least settle better than Makoun did but I just think he didn't.

Sadly as simple as that, there could have been a million reasons why, he is was in a different country, couldn't speak the language (infamously), and it was a new team and add to that a team in turmoil and then he wasn't in the next managers' plans at all.

I suppose I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt, I liked small things I saw from him under Houilier.

But I understand why others wouldn't.

And to be fair I agree with the get them in and if they don't work out get rid of them and get someone else in. But, I feel he hasn't had his chance yet but I understand those who think he has.

I can see what you mean - we all hoped so much from him, and he hasn't delivered as of yet, i wished he would succeed, as we all do when a new player like that comes in. For example I am so hopeful for KEA and really hopes he does well.

If Lambert decides its time for Jean deux to go, then so be it, because if Lambert deems him not good enough for the job, he probably isn't.

If he does go, I do agree on the fact that we should get another defensive CM though! But who is the question we need to ask my friend! Who? :D

I can see what you mean - we all hoped so much from him, and he hasn't delivered as of yet, i wished he would succeed, as we all do when a new player like that comes in. For example I am so hopeful for KEA and really hopes he does well.

If Lambert decides its time for Jean deux to go, then so be it, because if Lambert deems him not good enough for the job, he probably isn't.

If he does go, I do agree on the fact that we should get another defensive CM though! But who is the question we need to ask my friend! Who? :D

Yeah definitely, you're right, if Lambert makes the call he's to be sold, then I agree with it, it may be out of Lambert's' hands and he could leave for a non-football reason, who knows?

Yes, like I said, a defensive minded midfielder who both protects the back and offer them a pass, is needed

Makoun is that type of player, yours or my or anyone's' opinion on the level of quality he offers in that role is subjective of course but yes, we do need one and like you say, who is the big question. :lol:

I agree but Lambert hasnt seen him play yet.. sovhe deserves a crack.. even warnock got a chance to impress.. he has enough cl and international experience to be given a shot... such a strange turn of events.

Bickster, he's only really been at the club a max of 7months, Tevez can't speak fluent English still? Also amazingly I read the other day Antonio Valencia after 7 years can't speak fluently! Now cuss him all you like about how you don't think he'll make it as a player etc but to beat him over English considering he was told by the previous manager he wasn't wanted and was sent to another foreign country.

Bickster, he's only really been at the club a max of 7months, Tevez can't speak fluent English still? Also amazingly I read the other day Antonio Valencia after 7 years can't speak fluently! Now cuss him all you like about how you don't think he'll make it as a player etc but to beat him over English considering he was told by the previous manager he wasn't wanted and was sent to another foreign country.

But the problem isn't that he can't speak fluent English. It's that he can't even speak enough English to pass an exam that tards like Tevez have managed to do. Even if he was told he wasn't wanted last season he should have been advised that he was still an Aston Villa player and may be required to come back to the club in the near future to play, which has happened.

He's one of those players that's going to be a great squad player in a Champions League side when he leaves us, completely out of the blue. Still, no idea why this bloke is still on the books to be honest.

I think his champions league days are well behind him now.

Sorry, completely forgot we bought him off Lyon...!

Yes - getting on for 2 years ago we brought him from Lyon. At that point he had played in the CL.

Given that he is 29 now - and we hold his registration for a further 2 years, I just don't see him playing CL football again.

If he does I will hold up my hand and say I was wrong - but given his current position that seems unlikely.

He's one of those players that's going to be a great squad player in a Champions League side when he leaves us, completely out of the blue. Still, no idea why this bloke is still on the books to be honest.

I think his champions league days are well behind him now.

Sorry, completely forgot we bought him off Lyon...!

Yes - getting on for 2 years ago we brought him from Lyon. At that point he had played in the CL.

Given that he is 29 now - and we hold his registration for a further 2 years, I just don't see him playing CL football again.

If he does I will hold up my hand and say I was wrong - but given his current position that seems unlikely.

He played CL last season.

Â