Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

He played most of pre season.

Really surprised we let him go, he showed some potential and I just thought it was a case of someone from a foreign league taking 6 months or so to get used to the pace.

He looked good in every game this season bar Hereford by all accounts (this is the only one I didn't see).

real shame that we let him go imo he was absolutely superb against fulham at home last season, he is outstanding and would walk into our current shambles of a midfield

Totally agree.

The middle of our midfield is piss poor. Letting Makoun go was a major mistake, shocking decision.

He played most of pre season.

Really surprised we let him go, he showed some potential and I just thought it was a case of someone from a foreign league taking 6 months or so to get used to the pace.

He looked good in every game this season bar Hereford by all accounts (this is the only one I didn't see).

Hereford was the only game he played for us this season. :confused:

7 or 8 starts (was it?) and two man of the match performances. Man Utd away and Fulham at home

The gripers moan we can't take too much from the Man Utd away game as it was 'just one match'

Yet we can all still revel in Petrov's one and only excellent match for us (his debut) and that was over 5 bastard years ago!

Going to have to disagree about Petrov, he's been a very steady performer since he's been here, and usually turns in the best performance from CM most weeks. Hasn't actually had a bad game under McLeish, and tends to get praise even abyss of positivity that is the VT match reaction threads.

Agree about Makoun though, he should still be here. Given that he started nearly every pre-season match, I still think something went on that we don't know about.

I know it was only a preseason game, but Makoun linked up well with N'Zogbia in that preseason match away at Braga. Not sure if French being their first language had anything to do with it. I was looking forward to seeing this relationship flourish on the pitch. Poor decision, very poor decision allowing him out on loan. Did Olympiakos pay a fee for the loan?

I don't see how having a player in the squad not good enough for premiership football would benifit us at the moment.

Thats hugely debatable. I'd disagree, he had some good games and some not so good. Started off very well away at Wigan and was easily our man of the match at United. He only played a few times, was clearly adjusting to the pace of the league.

I don't see how having a player in the squad not good enough for premiership football would benifit us at the moment.

Thats hugely debatable. I'd disagree, he had some good games and some not so good. Started off very well away at Wigan and was easily our man of the match at United. He only played a few times, was clearly adjusting to the pace of the league.

I agree. We didn't see enough of him to be able judge his true ability. People making judgements on him from the few games he played, whether they be positive or negative, clearly have an agenda.

Is he even starting in the greek league?

ugh again - he only played 8 games. How can you judge the guy on 8 games!?!

I'm not just basing it on his poor performances for us. I'm basing it on the fact we improved once he was dropped, the manager who signed him didn't put him back in the team, the assistant manager who took over didn't put him back in the team and the new manager didn't think much of him.

The best team that wanted him was a team from the greek league and even there he seems to be spending most of the time on the bench.

Going to have to disagree about Petrov. Hasn't actually had a bad game under McLeish

Were you at the game last Saturday ?

He was 2/10 at best. And that's being generous

Add to that virtually every other game this season where he's been lead footed and took any sting out of our attack with his flat out refusal to pass the ball forwards

Makoun was not MOM v Fulham in the 2-2

Far from it intact, We even made sidwell look good that day

You've definitely got memory problems. He got 47% of the MOTM vote that night on here, as well as mine

And he got it at the game too, if memory serves me right

Â