Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

There is more to Makoun's latest injuries (no specifics given by club) and his early departure to Cameroon. Don't want to seem pessimistic, but something is being hidden by the club IMO. Someone posted back a few pages that he might be done at the Villa. It wouldn't surprise me. Something doesn't add up. Unfortunately I can't go into details as to why.
Would be a shame really. Why can't you go into details on something being 'hidden' by the club, that doesn't make sense as if it's hidden, no one except Randy and the management would know about it!

Just some whispers about something not being quite right about his injuries and the way they were reported to the press in an almost cryptic way + his sudden departure home. Nothing concrete or JFK conspiracy....it just smells bad so keep it in mind.

Remember when I posted this about Makoun back in May? Everyone jumped on me and couldn't accept that he might be done here. He's finding it hard to get into the Olympiakos side as Valverde seems to favor his ex la-liga players.

I can't see the connection between your first statement and what's happened, you'll have to fill us in a bit more.

Baz: Basically once the whole story of him going to Cameroon because of the accident surfaced, the writing was on the wall. This was some famous Villa spin/hiding info/censorship...etc. This happened around the same time that the club decided to keep Cuellar's knee op a secret for nearly a month until it was leaked to the press by someone not related to the club.

He was bought by Houllier, he was crap in every game I saw. I missed the United game, the VT community said he was excellent - I take that with a pinch of salt, VT said he was excellent v Fulham, he was actually quite poor.

I think it was GMac who finally dropped him, and CM looked better without him. He had a chance to impress AML in pre-season, but in the only pre-season game I saw it was business as usual for him, completely anonymous. That seems to me the reason why he's out on loan, and isn't that reason enough? What needs covering up?

I agree with YIM that something smells a bit fishy. Unlike Bazdavies I thought he was quality in about 3 games in every four, he certainly offered something that no-one else in the squad has: the ability to produce reliable, first touch passes. Opinion is divided on whether he was any good for us, but I'm one of those who thought he most definitely was. Either way, he wasn't given much chance to prove himself, which backs up YIM's theory imo.

Can somebody just say straight out what they think the "story" really is, rather than just talking in these annoyingly vague terms?

There's no evidence so far that anyone knows anything of interest that has been "hidden".

Well all I'm saying is that, imo, there was something fishy about the whole thing, based on how few times he played for us before being shipped out.

If I learn anything factual from my armchair in Sydney you'll be the first to know ;)

The sort of thing I'd expect to discover would be, e.g.:

- He had been told that Birmingham was known to all as the Venice of the West, and was disappointed with what he saw.

- His wife, if he has one, didn't like the house he bought, if he bought one.

- He tried to crack on to Alec McLeish's daughter, if he has one, at the annual Awards dinner, if he was there.

- He joined Villa to play alongside Robert Pires

- He joined Villa to play for Gerard Houllier

Of course, if you really thought he was rubbish there's no need to trouble yourself with such speculation at all.

None of the above would explain why he hasn't played for Olympiakos since he joined them, except for a brief appearances as sub (rather continuing his Villa career, you might say). :detect:

- He had been told that Athens was known to all as the Venice of the East, and was disappointed with what he saw.

- His wife, if he has one, didn't like the house he bought, if he bought one.

- He tried to crack on to Ernesto Valverde's daughter, if he has one, at the annual Awards dinner, if he was there.

- He joined Olympiakos to play alongside Robert Pires

- He joined Olympiakos to play for Gerard Houllier

None of the above would explain why he hasn't played for Olympiakos since he joined them, except for a brief appearances as sub (rather continuing his Villa career, you might say). :detect:

He has played 3 games since he moved there.

My info is:

13 Sep - O. Marseille H - sub, brought on 67 mins

18 Sep - Xanthi H - sub brought on 69 mins

24 Sep - Ergotelis A - sub not played

28 Sep - Arsenal A - sub not played

02 Oct - PAOK H - sub brought on 67 mins

Haven't heard about the 3 games he played - do tell - all I see is him not starting and having a few brief appearances as sub, like I said.

What conspiracy? He wasn't good enough for us and now seems to not be good enough for his new team.

Just not the player the houllier fans claimed he was when he first signed.

So all O'neil fans said he was crap when he first signed?

What conspiracy? He wasn't good enough for us and now seems to not be good enough for his new team.

Just not the player the houllier fans claimed he was when he first signed.

So all O'neil fans said he was crap when he first signed?

"O'neil"??

What amazes me was how the then manager claimed he was a real 'box to box player' - now whether you rate him or not - but he just isn't a box to box player.

Thing is if he isn't playing very likley he will be back with us next season - another one whose contract will have to run down until he leaves on a free.

What amazes me was how the then manager claimed he was a real 'box to box player' - now whether you rate him or not - but he just isn't a box to box player.

Thing is if he isn't playing very likley he will be back with us next season - another one whose contract will have to run down until he leaves on a free.

Maybe he does get box to box warming up on the sideline and therefore now is being employed in this role as a sub.

It was €4m wasn't it?

Not that it makes much difference. Just saying

This report from the BBC at the time he signed states £6m although I was under the impression it was €6m.

From the BBC

I'd guess unless he bucks his ideas up at Olympiacos and starts playing regularly we will be lucky to get more than a mill or so back for him come the end of the season.

I'd imagine a few decent French clubs would be interested in him given he did OK when he played over there.

Â