Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I don't blame him for leaving, have you see the support they get? Check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYLRzncHzzc. Who wouldn't want to play for support like that?

Compared to the pantomime villain reception he gets from some sections of our support....yeah, i can see why he went.

Sorry to be picky but you clearly can't.

Him going had nothing to do with the fans who either don't rate him or were unsure about him and everything to do with the manager not rating him.

Trent,

There was a thread on here not so long ago, concerning our relationship with some big New York agency, and stating that the club was trying to force players to drop there current agents, for them, and that if they did not sign, the club could make it difficult for them.

Im probably grasping straws here, but could all this that is happening now, be related?

Perhaps but personally I don't think so on this occasion, I just don't think the manager rated the player enough for him to take up his % of the wage bill.

Id say that after everything that has gone on, Makoun wanted out anyway. Maybe McCleish just wasnt using him because he knew he was off somewhere else. I guess we will never know the truth though.

Well in that case you can stop trying to blame the fans who didn't rate him for his departure.

Id say that after everything that has gone on, Makoun wanted out anyway. Maybe McCleish just wasnt using him because he knew he was off somewhere else. I guess we will never know the truth though.

Well in that case you can stop trying to blame the fans who didn't rate him for his departure.

Aint being funny Trent but I'll blame who i want to blame thanks.

Aint being funny Trent but I'll blame who i want to blame thanks.

Up to you if you want to look daft I suppose, it's no skin off anybody else's nose.

FWIW, i never blamed the fans for him leaving. All i did was mention the fact that alot of fans gave him stick. I can see why people would interpret it otherwise though. This is VT after all...

Not quite, what you said was,

Compared to the pantomime villain reception he gets from some sections of our support....yeah, i can see why he went.

Seems pretty clear to me that you were saying that you thought the 'reception' he gets from some fans had influenced his departure. Now if that isn't what you meant, well actually I'm not sure what else it could have meant but that is down to what you posted rather than it being misinterpreted.

No. All i was alluding to was the fact that it wouldnt have helped matters. Which it wouldnt. Trent, i know you for one are a poster who gave him alot of stick, so i can understand why youre getting defensive about this. But im certainly not blaming the fans directly for him leaving.

ha ha nice try but I'm not the one getting defensive.

I will recap what I've said about him, when we signed him I said I held no opinion on him as I couldn't recall ever having seen him play. Since then I've said I'm not convinced about him because I've not been, then I said that given the opposition last Tuesday that I wasn't impressed with his performance. I stand behind all that certainly nothing to for me to be defensive about because I'm happy to repeat it all. Saying you aren't convinced by a player or saying that you don't think he is cut out for the PL is hardly 'stick' and hardly the sort of thing that influences a player his future lies elsewhere.

To my knowledge there hasn't been any adverse reaction to Makoun at games so unless he reads this site then I really fail to see how a few fans being unconvinced about him had any impact on his future at the club as you are claiming.

I'm sorry but you are clutching at straws you really are.

Seems players are on as short a tether as managers these days. If you fail to make an immediate positive impact, you're shifted off elsewhere (Bradley and Makoun, for example.)

But it's probably just down to the wage bill for a player who wasn't a sure thing. So when are we selling Stephen Ireland then? :P

I don't blame him for leaving, have you see the support they get? Check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYLRzncHzzc. Who wouldn't want to play for support like that?

Well, with one of the related videos being Cisse getting racist abuse, I'm sure there'd be a reason Makoun wouldn't want to play in front of those fans.

There was a thread on here not so long ago, concerning our relationship with some big New York agency, and stating that the club was trying to force players to drop there current agents, for them, and that if they did not sign, the club could make it difficult for them.

What's this? Anyone got a link?

Whew!

200 pages in honour of a player who managed all of 8 appearances, 3 yellow cards and one red in his time with us.

i love how you conveniently dont mention his 1 MOTM display. Dont understand why you hate him so much. Did he run over your dog?

Whew!

200 pages in honour of a player who managed all of 8 appearances, 3 yellow cards and one red in his time with us.

i love how you conveniently dont mention his 1 MOTM display. Dont understand why you hate him so much. Did he run over your dog?

If you interpret that post to mean that he "hates" Makoun then you probably need to resit your English GCSE.

What's this? Anyone got a link?

Sorry to repost, but this seems like quite big news if true...

• 1 month later...
There is more to Makoun's latest injuries (no specifics given by club) and his early departure to Cameroon. Don't want to seem pessimistic, but something is being hidden by the club IMO. Someone posted back a few pages that he might be done at the Villa. It wouldn't surprise me. Something doesn't add up. Unfortunately I can't go into details as to why.
Would be a shame really. Why can't you go into details on something being 'hidden' by the club, that doesn't make sense as if it's hidden, no one except Randy and the management would know about it!

Just some whispers about something not being quite right about his injuries and the way they were reported to the press in an almost cryptic way + his sudden departure home. Nothing concrete or JFK conspiracy....it just smells bad so keep it in mind.

Remember when I posted this about Makoun back in May? Everyone jumped on me and couldn't accept that he might be done here. He's finding it hard to get into the Olympiakos side as Valverde seems to favor his ex la-liga players.

Â