The General's thread - do not respond to other posts!

TrentVilla

General, are the P.A speakers ever going to be fixed in the North Stand?

We cannot hear a single thing, pre match announcments, team line up, music, including the Theme which the club put so much effort into just cannot be heard. Its like theyve been switched ofgf the last few games.

I was mosst disappointed not to be able to hear the Movie Voice Over guy do the teams a few weeks back.

Needs sorting, was never great but now theres nothing.

Yup, I agree about the bells. In fact crank them up louder. Really set the atmosphere.

Forget the cheesy song and just play the bells. The fans will soon latch onto the 'anthem' once the bells become a familiar sound.

Gotta agree with these sentiments General. The bells were awesome and once played louder on a decent PA system it will become a unique part of English football. The fans singing the "Anthem" afterwards will really make it a special part of the Villa Park match day experience.

The club's version of the song was somewhat spoilt by the change of tempo, lyrics etc so just keep the bells and the "Do do you know why they're ringing do you know" and then fade it out for the Villa faithful in the stadium to do the rest - it will be great!!

Hi General, I have a question regarding orders from the online store.

Last night I accidentally ordered an Aston Villa v Manchester City Desk Top Panoramic Framed Photo - 13 x 5 Inch One Size Only, instead of the Aston Villa Darren Bent Montage - 16 x 12 Inch One Size Only. I realised my mistake within minutes and promptly sent an email asking for the order to be canceled. This morning I got a reply saying it's too late to cancel. I assume I'll be able to send the item back for a refund once I get it as that's what your returns policy says.

My question here is, why is it not possible to cancel the order an item if you accidentally order the wrong thing?

general,

the news here is reporting Prince William's last public appearance before his wedding, some football event in Blackburn, media reporting him asking the kids if any villa fans were there, followed by a big shout of no and him saying you cant blame him for trying

now i know he's in a position at the top of the FA in some role but have the club ever asked him to do any promoting? we have the future king and the pm as fans have either ever been invited to the club?

seems like a really nice and easy marketing opportunity especially with the buzz around william at the moment, send him a wedding card signed by the squad and make sure every media outlet going even internationally knows about it

General

It would be great to honor Prince William by sending him a signed card, perhaps in with a presentataion frame, a commemorative gift of some sort. We should acknowledge him with our pride that the future king is a fellow Villa fan as it is something to be proud of being supported by royalty. If that hit the media, it would be good for marketing and branding as well as showing how proud we are of Prince William.

Could this be done ?

Good afternoon General ,

The anthem has received a lot of publicity some of it not very positive and the manufacturing bit doesn't bother me it did come from a fans iniative ( J Fear ) and I have had enough people in the past ask me about it being our official anthem so just pleased it's been tried .However have made my comments about the recording known and the tune is a million miles away from the Judy Garland version , still think though it had a positive impact overall pre game the atmosphere seemed more upbeat . Loved the bells personally but just went on too long although I am being informed re the tune / lyrics we will be going back to the original fans theme , and will be edited in line with the fans requests good !

Mr ' Walk on ' wasn't happy that he isn't getting any royalities by the way but we did remind him he is never forgiven for his 1994 escapade in front of the Holte End .

Another point I am being told it would cost around £1million to sort the PA System out , seems astonishing to me :cry: is there any truth in that type of figure ?

Hi General,

Could you please look into the way we are informed about ticket sales

on the Offical Website....it is not updated as much as it should be,

for E.G Arsenal away..

it shows that all away tickets are of good avalibility when this was not the

case. I do not trust the information on the Ticket office page as its misleading.

Hi General,

Could you please look into the way we are informed about ticket sales

on the Offical Website....it is not updated as much as it should be,

for E.G Arsenal away..

it shows that all away tickets are of good avalibility when this was not the

case. I do not trust the information on the Ticket office page as its misleading.

Also states there are West Ham tickets left which is not the case, they sold out on Monday...

Hi General,

Hows tricks?

After our win on Sunday against Newcastle, im confident we will go on and pick up a couple more wins atleast in the remaining fixtures. I have been saying this for a while, that i think its important that we beat the teams beginning with 'W' and we still have three of them to play, so im very confident we will be finishing the season well infact.

Whats your thoughts on the season as a whole, and can you tell us anything about the direction of the club in terms of development, infrastructure etc etc...?

Further, do you (inc. Randy) find yourselves ever indirectly competing against some of the other American owners in the league? With the takeover of Arsenal imminent, just wondering what your thoughts were on the other owners from the states, and if you could fill us in on any similarities between yourselves and them and what you have seen them do which you would look to implement at Villa.

Appreciate you putting in the time to speak to fans.

Up the Villa!!

general,

the news here is reporting Prince William's last public appearance before his wedding, some football event in Blackburn, media reporting him asking the kids if any villa fans were there, followed by a big shout of no and him saying you cant blame him for trying

now i know he's in a position at the top of the FA in some role but have the club ever asked him to do any promoting? we have the future king and the pm as fans have either ever been invited to the club?

seems like a really nice and easy marketing opportunity especially with the buzz around william at the moment, send him a wedding card signed by the squad and make sure every media outlet going even internationally knows about it

General

It would be great to honor Prince William by sending him a signed card, perhaps in with a presentataion frame, a commemorative gift of some sort. We should acknowledge him with our pride that the future king is a fellow Villa fan as it is something to be proud of being supported by royalty. If that hit the media, it would be good for marketing and branding as well as showing how proud we are of Prince William.

Could this be done ?

Or how about a huge banner/flag being hung from the holt

e end or draped over the fans in the hole that reads 'Good luck Wils! From avfc!"

Hi General

Do you know when we will see the designs for next seasons kit?

some teams have already released images of theirs how long do we expect until we do the same?

Thanks

keep up the good work

UTV

I too would like to know this General. Even before this season's kit's fiasco I always hated having to wait for so long for our new shirt. My brother is Liverpool fan (he's a Judas) and he seems to get his new shirt before ours has even been revealed! Is this anything to do with us being with Nike and them having "bigger" clubs to deal with first so we are down the pecking order?

In a similar vein, do we have a new shirt sponsor sorted out yet? Obviously I assume you can't divulge who it is or any of the details but I think after the trouble we had before a lot of the fans would like to be kept informed of this situation. Lastly, any idea on whether we will stay with Nike after the current contract runs out? I personally would prefer Adidas ;)

This is my first post on this thread so I would like to echo the sentiments of many other fans and say thank you for providing a communication channel between the fans and the club. We all greatly appreciate the time and effort you put in to listen to us. Semper Fidelis, Sir.

General,

Whilst the club sadly continue to be immersed in a relegation battle does this impact on any kit sponsorship deal being announced? I presume at this stage that a deal has provisionally been agreed but could you confirm this?

Mark

Hi General,

I know Villa is keen on using Youth and I may just turn your attention to La Masia , Basically it's the youth recruitment service/center Barcelona use (I'm not saying we are going to turn out like Barcelona or anything) but it's worth a read anyway. I was wondering whether we were looking to open youth recruitment schools/centres abroad? Interesting to see that it costs £10m to run La Masia (obviously take that figure with a pinch of salt) but maybe if we are keen on the youth we should look to open youth recruitment centres/systems abroad? Maybe Houllier can get his contacts involved to set one up in France? Obviously financially you have to question what it offers (rent, staff etc) but getting youth from the likes of Spain/France at a young age and bringing them through may be something Lerner/The Club might be interested in doing? Obviously you can get young talent abroad to sign a contract before they sign one at a club (Fabregas for example), Anyway I'm not sure whether another PL club has any setups abroad but it may be worth having a look at it atleast I reckon.

I know as a fan i'd be interested in seeing some sort system in place (maybe a few others might be too?) long term I can see us spending less if we get the right players but like I said it's worth reading it and seeing what it offers financially too.

Thanks General.

As a sidenote La Masia has produced the three players-turned-managers/coaches that now run the entire footballing side of Barcelona, their youth coach, assistant and manager are all products of La Masia it really is a system worth emulating in some form.

General, the two kits allow are very well received mockups form supporters and no-one has had anything bad to day about them so if possible could randy look at these two mockups as potentially away kits if the new ones havent been manufactured?

thank you and keep up the good work

aston-villa-3.jpg

aston-villa-2.jpg

Hi Gen,

Great result today!

Any update on the new shirt sponsor? I see Arsenal and Man UTD have recent 'leaked' images of their new Nike kits for next season. Just wondering if the club is addressing this so Nike can get our kit out on the market in time for my summer hols :)