The General's thread - do not respond to other posts!

TrentVilla

I wouldnt count on it, while im hoping it wont be as bad as the farce that was the last kit launch, id still imagine another stupidly late launch of sept/oct as per bloody usual.

It would be nice for once though if it came out june/july. Fingers crossed!

On a more positive note, great result today gen! Proud of the players for the fight that was on show today, well played.

UTV!

I wouldnt be annoyed about this if true, as it doesnt make much difference either way, people who will buy the kit will buy the kit whenever usually... but do we purposefully put our kit on sale around august september time so that all the sales count towards that seasons financials? I know this season was a cock up on Nike's part, but the only reason I can think for it being a continual thing would be a) adjusting it so all the profit goes on the books for that current season or B) Nike is a turd.

Looking forward to some decent kits for next year!

General Krulak here:

1. PA System: We are aware that it is not good. We have "fixed" it twice but have seen only marginal improvement. The total fix will, indeed, cost over one million pounds and will not go in until the North Stand renovation.

2. Mantis: If you paid by credit card, the transaction took place at the speed of light. Since the transaction is between you, the issuer and the bank, cancelling the order is out of our hands.

3. Prince William: We are thinking of what might be the "royal" thing to do.

4. Tayls: That is a pretty tough question because the season is not over yet. BUT, at this point, I would say that it has been a pretty tough one. It started with a huge problem and that issue has plagued us for the past months. I think that GH made some very good moves in the transfer market, supported by Randy, and those moves will pay off. I still think we can move up the table and I will make an overall comment at the end of the season.

5. Recruiting: I continue to be a bit surprised that many don't realize that we have a scouting network that does, in fact, reach well outside of the UK.

6. Today's Game: A HUGE WIN!!! I think our lads played well...I thought we worked very hard...we went down early and did not lower our heads...we just kept coming. Bent did what he needed to do and Gabby put the clincher down. I was proud of the entire team and the effort. I just want to keep winning.

2. Mantis: If you paid by credit card, the transaction took place at the speed of light. Since the transaction is between you, the issuer and the bank, cancelling the order is out of our hands.
Yes, I did pay by debit card. Thanks for clearing this up General.

General,

Can I ask why you side step questions rather than just admitting you are unable, or unwilling, to answer them?

You've answered loads of 'one-off' questions in the thread (like the Prince William one) but fail to reply to the six or seven (including the huge one with pictures!) regarding our kit.

This lack of communication leads me, and no doubt others, to believe that YET AGAIN the kit is going to be an after thought and much delayed.

Can you confirm this so at least we know! Can I plan to give the new kit as a present to my nephew for his Birthday (in July) or Christmas like I had to last year?!

General, in regards to the above message.

It annoys me that a very select group of fans try to push certain things though to the club that can have a large effect on everyone - the 'anthem' initiative for example. The club listened, which is great, but i don't believe that most fans are qualified to make certain decisions, meaning the end result is questionable. I know a lot of people would have preferred Riders In The Sky, a much better atmosphere to the song, but that is by the by. Another case in this thread, asking the general to bring back Clarrie Blue. In my opinion, some things should stay in that era.

The kits - I'm not a fan. For one, yellow away kits are horrific and should stick with the Doug Ellis era. I'd also like to point out from a design point of view how the use of bright yellow, golden yellow, purple, claret and light blue is not complimentary at all. Anyway, that is not the point. It is annoying how a lot of fans seem to think that Aston Villa and Nike do not have a team of professional designers including people who are aware of the clubs history. This is what people do for a living and i trust them a hell of a lot more than i trust fan 'mock-ups' on the internet.

Please General, keep 'side-stepping' these questions as strangely I trust the club with its operations.

Please General, keep 'side-stepping' these questions as strangely I trust the club with its operations.

Just to clarify seeing as that is quoting myself: I am NOT necessarily in support of any particular design. My issue is that the General has been asked several times about the kit in the last few pages (regarding issue date, sponsorship issues NOT design) and not answered it which makes me think there is going to be another significant delay with its release.

I personally am NOT trying to 'force through' certain designs. However, whilst I'm here I kind of agree with you: to take it to the next level I'd like to see Villa/ Nike release a selection of Away kit designs and ask for fans to decide.

General Krulak here:

4. Tayls: That is a pretty tough question because the season is not over yet. BUT, at this point, I would say that it has been a pretty tough one. It started with a huge problem and that issue has plagued us for the past months. I think that GH made some very good moves in the transfer market, supported by Randy, and those moves will pay off. I still think we can move up the table and I will make an overall comment at the end of the season.

Oh my god - the General said my name. *screen shot and save* :-)

Thanks for acknowledging my post, I understand that you must have a thousand things to respond to.

Can you just clarify for us though please General - what was the huge problem that has plagued us? Furthermore, what can you tell us on the kit situation for next season?

Ooo, one more thing, i got some bad news from my work on Friday,(naturally when they announce something bad it's done on a Friday at 4:30pm) don't have any jobs in recruitment going do you?! :D

General, I am a season ticket holder and a member of the Northants Lions Club. I was wondering if you would consider having designated areas in each stand where Lions clubs could proudly hang their flags for home games? I sit in the Doug Ellis lower stand and there is no-where obvious that we can display our flag, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi General.

Do we have an exact figure of what the capacity of Villa park will be once the North stand renovation work is completed? If not what is it estimated figure likely to be?

Cheers and UTV.

Good Question! I so hope that its a total rebuild! I Randy wants any inspiration for a top stadium with 4 different looking stands tell him to have a look at Ibrox.

Leeds East Stand is a beauty too! UTV