The General's thread - do not respond to other posts!

TrentVilla

General

The video being played at Villa Park would build an atmoshere really good to motivate the players, GH and fans (everyone in the ground) to pull together to win each game if the video was shown (with good sound) at the start of all our remaining home games. Us fans need to outsing away fans as we need players perform and play well, I wish we were as loud as Rapid Vienna fans.

What sites and locations is Paul posting the video on ?

Could the video be shown at the start of each game and perhaps again at the start of second half ?

Hi General,

Any further news on Sponsorship next year?

Without naming names, I assume it partially is hold until companies know which division we're in for sure? Any idea on dates that new Sponsorship might be announced? If we're waiting til the end of the season does that mean it will be effecting our shirt releases again?

If it will effect things like shirt release dates, please tell fans as soon as you can - transparency is much likelier to be accepted then pretending everything is fine. I think most people would accept no company is going to pay the same for a championship club as they would for a Premiership club.

Slightly different post General. I recently applied for an AVFC credit card via a splash advert on the Official site. The bonus they were offering was a free away shirt following a balance transfer. I did everything and today recieved my shirt.

Unfortunately as I have rarther enjoyed my food and drink over the last 57 years I no longer fit into the L size that was sent. I rang up MBNA whose attitiude was 'tough' thats what we send out. There was no indication that it was a one size for all in the ad so I feel I have been a little misled. Now I know it wasn't a Villa advert but the OS was used so could I exchange it at Villa Village on Monday when I go for the singalongavilla experience?

Morning General

Just a quick note to say a BIG thanks to the club for this £1 a kid (for members of JV Life) initiative for the Wigan game.

Just the kind of thing I love this club for. My nephews now going and becaus eof the offer two extra adults too. All helps i'm sure

Ulver

General,

Whats the attendance looking like being against Newcastle?

If its not looking likely to sell out just give the tickets away. I say this as a season ticket holder but money is secondary now we need all the help we can get and it might be wishful thinking but a full house could hopefully help make a difference.

Fans were again tremendous today by the way.

Mark

Totally agree with markavfc40 above on his point of giving the tickets away to fill out the stadium General, we need a full house.

On another note, a previous poster mentioned getting some old players in to support us in the remainder of the home games. Lets get them sat with us commoners spread around the stadium, and announce there presence on the PA to get the crowd riled up.

Anything and everything we can do to get behind the lads would be a plus.

General Krulak here:

1. Big_John_10: embarrassed? No. Why should the video be embarrassing? If we were in 1st place I think it would be good to play. I like it...it sends a helluva message.

2. JackBauer. Not sure what part of your question I missed. Let me know and I will give it another go. I have done more than just answer simple questions...this site and others have had important input to the Club. The manager survey looks pretty accurate to me.

3. MBNA. Take the shirt to our shop and exchange it...tell them I said to do it and to call me if they have a question.

4. We will be doing everything possible to get Fans to remaining games.

5. I thought the lads played well...certainly with heart! I liked the lineup and formation. We should have won but I will take the point. I thought the Fans were BRILLIANT today. I was VERY proud of them!

3. MBNA. Take the shirt to our shop and exchange it...tell them I said to do it and to call me if they have a question.

I love you General.

P.S. MBNA, can I be there when this happens, great to see.

Hello General-

After having a look and a laugh at Fulham's new Michael Jackson statue, I got to thinking maybe us Villa fans should be prepared for a new statue as well, if Randy was so inclined....

Could you tell us, who are some of Randy's favorite musicians/movie stars, etc.?

Hi General

This is a trivial point really in the context of our relegation worries, but it’s a little itch that myself (and I suspect one or two other purists) would like scratched. With regard to the Everton game, someone somewhere is still, as a matter of policy, making a conscious decision to pair claret shorts with the home shirt.

You were going to find out the rationale for this and who is making this decision, but I don’t think you’ve had a chance to feed back to us on this.

Common sense, past precedents from this season involving games at Villa Park and elsewhere, and recent history of games involving Everton and Villa at Goodison Park, suggest that blue shorts would have been fine at the weekend. Good taste and good branding would suggest that blue shorts ought to have been preferred. (If I was superstitious, which I'm not, I'd ask how many games we ever win in all-claret ;-D)

PS. Is the real answer that Nike couldn't be bothered to make some blue ones?

1. Big_John_10: embarrassed? No. Why should the video be embarrassing? If we were in 1st place I think it would be good to play. I like it...it sends a helluva message.

The video itself is not embarrassing, my question was more towards the fact that we need gimmicks and Internet campaigns to get the fans fully behind the team. If we were in 1st place then our football and results would have the fans fully behind us and we wouldn't require such things. As things are under houllier we seem to be seeing more of these campaigns and gimmicks. I find that embarrassing.

Hi General

This is a trivial point really in the context of our relegation worries, but it’s a little itch that myself (and I suspect one or two other purists) would like scratched. With regard to the Everton game, someone somewhere is still, as a matter of policy, making a conscious decision to pair claret shorts with the home shirt.

You were going to find out the rationale for this and who is making this decision, but I don’t think you’ve had a chance to feed back to us on this.

Common sense, past precedents from this season involving games at Villa Park and elsewhere, and recent history of games involving Everton and Villa at Goodison Park, suggest that blue shorts would have been fine at the weekend. Good taste and good branding would suggest that blue shorts ought to have been preferred. (If I was superstitious, which I'm not, I'd ask how many games we ever win in all-claret ;-D)

PS. Is the real answer that Nike couldn't be bothered to make some blue ones?

This is right General. Never... Ever... Claret shorts or socks. Blue away shorts and the home socks should be blue with claret and blue and white trim. Thanks.