Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

Known for a few days about this and MM will back me up on this one as we were both fed the same information at the same time. Did not want to comment on any names as the media were also told to keep quiet to help this one go through without sparking a bidding war. I now hear the bid has been accepted and Darren Bent is in a café in Birmingham with his agent waiting for permission to talk to Sunderland where he will then travel to Bodymoor Heath. The bid is about 18.2m and will rise to 24m with performances, goals and England caps. Pretty confident this one will go through.

****. Me. Would never have guessed that Bent might be coming to us. Really surprised by this, even if it doesn't come of we did bid for him which is really, really surprising to me. If it comes of it is two signings we really need now for morale purposes if nothing else.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Known for a few days about this and MM will back me up on this one as we were both fed the same information at the same time. Did not want to comment on any names as the media were also told to keep quiet to help this one go through without sparking a bidding war. I now hear the bid has been accepted and Darren Bent is in a café in Birmingham with his agent waiting for permission to talk to Sunderland where he will then travel to Bodymoor Heath. The bid is about 18.2m and will rise to 24m with performances, goals and England caps. Pretty confident this one will go through.

will ireland be going the other way??

I can see Ireland going the other way!

Absolutely chuffed to bits if this one comes off. Could never ever see it happening. Already had a few people saying on my Facebook 'bit pricey' but is it heck. Look at the market nowadays, you pay and you get. He is a goalscorer and a proven one in the English League so it's not like we're splashing a £30M inexperienced in the Premiership Shevchenko.

I wouldn't worry about the money at all. If Randy is willing to give Houllier the cash for 1 player he obviously isn't as low as we thought.

Not quite counting my chickens yet but I can't help it. I'm **** buzzing.

will ireland be going the other way??

I can see Ireland going the other way!

As I say I've only heard the bid is accepted so if they infact deem the bid too low then Stephen Ireland will be the makeweight for the extra cash yes.

I checked the news at around midday and there was nothing. I'm away from the pc/laptop for an hour and all hell breaks loose!!! Be fantastic if it happens and a big middle finger to all those doubtes, Villa and non-Villa fans.

I just wish I still had sky sports news at a time like this :oops: :cry:

I can't believe this. Please say this is a joke. !8m for Bent that's ludicrous he is abysmal. I don't think I've ever whatched a game he's played in when I haven't heard the phrase. oh dear Bent probably should have done better there at least 2 or 3 times.

He is a joke for that price. this is a disgrace and if it goes through that's it as far as I'm concerned for Houlier. He'll have blown our entire budget on a waste of space. Please Randy think very caraefully about this. he is not worth blowing that much cash. try the likes of Elmander or Jones. jees anything but this.

Anyone who rates this guy at that price should be locked up.

According to my Sunderland source, who works at the club, I have been told:

"I would guess something's in the pipeline but from here on there's still lots to do in the deal."

Let's hope it's done quickly, then we can move on to Charlie Adam.

It would be great if we had three new players in to face Man City!

Up the Villa.

I can't believe this. Please say this is a joke. !8m for Bent that's ludicrous he is abysmal. I don't think I've ever whatched a game he's played in when I haven't heard the phrase. oh dear Bent probably should have done better there at least 2 or 3 times.

He is a joke for that price. this is a disgrace and if it goes through that's it as far as I'm concerned for Houlier. He'll have blown our entire budget on a waste of space. Please Randy think very caraefully about this. he is not worth blowing that much cash. try the likes of Elmander or Jones. jees anything but this.

Anyone who rates this guy at that price should be locked up.

We need someone who can score goals, the guy gets a lot of goals. Whats the problem?