Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

I can't believe this. Please say this is a joke. !8m for Bent that's ludicrous he is abysmal. I don't think I've ever whatched a game he's played in when I haven't heard the phrase. oh dear Bent probably should have done better there at least 2 or 3 times.

He is a joke for that price. this is a disgrace and if it goes through that's it as far as I'm concerned for Houlier. He'll have blown our entire budget on a waste of space. Please Randy think very caraefully about this. he is not worth blowing that much cash. try the likes of Elmander or Jones. jees anything but this.

Anyone who rates this guy at that price should be locked up.

What was the atmosphere like in the Kop Main Stand on Sunday?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very very happy if this deal goes through, especially if we can offload a player to them who isn't happy as part of the deal.

18M is a lot of money, but am I mental in thinking that 18M for a proven goal scorer (that stats don't lie) is actually really good business, especially when out current strikers aren't firing. Sometimes you have to pay to get what you want, and 18M in footballing money, for a proven striker, just isn't as much as what it used to be.

Ah, Jan 5th.

I was in the front row of the trinity and Bent went down lightly and there were a hefty chunk of us screaming at him for diving and staying down.

and one guy calling him a disgrace to football..

How times change in 2 weeks :lol:

The beauty of this deal, if it comes off, is the probable effect it will have on the Villa players who have been under some considerable pressure to produce. I can see a lot more goals coming from midfield.

GET IT DONE.....I want to sleep tonite!

I can't believe this. Please say this is a joke. !8m for Bent that's ludicrous he is abysmal. I don't think I've ever whatched a game he's played in when I haven't heard the phrase. oh dear Bent probably should have done better there at least 2 or 3 times.

He is a joke for that price. this is a disgrace and if it goes through that's it as far as I'm concerned for Houlier. He'll have blown our entire budget on a waste of space. Please Randy think very caraefully about this. he is not worth blowing that much cash. try the likes of Elmander or Jones. jees anything but this.

Anyone who rates this guy at that price should be locked up.

A goal every other game, the third highest scorer in the Premier League since 2005 behind Rooney and Drogba.

You obviously don't know a good striker when you see one, who would sign in instead?

I know a good footballer when I see one and it's not this useless tool. You on the other hand obviously make your decisions based on stats rather than ability. He might score the odd goal for us but with him in the team we'll be a worse football team and we'll lose more games. if he's worth £18m why hasn't any of the top 4 come in for him. Why was he a total flop at spurs?

Ah yes, 'stats'. Or in this case, 'facts'. Meaningless, agreed.

RTG does make me laugh As well as some so called safc supporters

9:19 AM Jan 9th via ÜberTwitter

Just a note: He reads the message boards of the clubs he goes to (RTG is ReadyToGo - Sunderland message boards) I dont think its at all a real reason but some Sunderland fans are suggesting his reasons for leaving are:

a) Gyan

B) Newcastle fans smashing his car in

c) Nobheads on Message boards

Disclaimer: I think its because we're going to win the league and he knows it.

Ah, Jan 5th.

I was in the front row of the trinity and Bent went down lightly and there were a hefty chunk of us screaming at him for diving and staying down.

and one guy calling him a disgrace to football..

How times change in 2 weeks :lol:

at least now he's OUR disgrace to football :lol::lol: 8)

BBC Radio 5 live football correspondent Ian Dennis said he understood that the offer from Villa was put forward towards the end of last week.

"I understand it was cash up front which is an enormous show of faith by Randy Lerner in Gerard Houllier," he said.

Interesting..

Darren Bent with Delfouneso upfront.. unbelieveable, seems too good to be true.

Cant see it, one or the other, cant see them both being there together.. I still want to see Fonz behind the striker if thats how we're going to play going forward, he's tricky, quick and as we saw vs Blues he has a potentially lethal long range shot.

+ Doesnt DB like to be the main man?

I wanted him here last time round and nothing has changed. We need goals and he guarantees them. Great signing that will give the whole place a lift. Will prob add 5k onto the gate for the man city game aswell

Personally i think it will be a good signing for us, he works hard and definately knows where the back of the net is. He has scored 36 goals in 63 appearances for the Cats which, even if you dont like stats, isnt somthing to be ignored. We havent had an out and out striker here for years, Bent could be the one especially with the service Young, Albrighton, Walker and Downing can provide.

I dont give a rats ass at the price, it aint my money. All I care about is getting someone in that can finish! Even more so when you look at out main 3 strikers and their PL goals this season: Heskey 3, Carew 0, Gabby 0.